Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
So, was i right when i said he would make some people open their eyes on him during the tournament? 😋
Great call.

Very hard to see all of our prospects, especially those overseas so getting a chance to see them at the WJC is some of the most game time exposure we’ll get to see.

I’ll be following him a lot closer moving forward, that’s for sure.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Jeez been sleeping on this guy so hard. If he turns out maybe he can be our 2LD behind Guhle if Matheson doesn't turn out

Reactions: CapSpace

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
On December 2, I ranked him 4th in our prospect list. I stand more than ever behind that ranking. Also kept believing in Roy despite him being in a tough spot for a few months.

My Top 15, mostly on gut feeling:

1. Logan Mailloux
2. Owen Beck
3. Joshua Roy
4. Adam Engstrom
5. Lane Hutson
6. Emil Heineman
7. Filip Mesar
8. Cayden Primeau
9. Jayden Struble
10. Sean Farrell
11. Justin Barron
12. Jakub Dobes
13. Vincent Rohrer
14. William Trudeau
15. Jesse Ylonen

Toughest to deal with was Mathias Norlinder, so consider him ignored for this list. I don't have a good feel for where he's at right now (not that I have a truly informed opinion about the others, but at least I have gut feelings).

Can't shake my impression that Engstrom will be a great player.

Still a believer and supporter of Roy. Same for Struble.

Mailloux and Beck are an easy Top 2.

Hutson is 5th because of the obvious challenges he's facing; on talent, he's #1.

Primeau has shown many times he was clutch, and I respect clutchness in a goalie.

I only write this list down to remember it later and see how much my hunches are right or wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: SupRocket and Doc5

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I've been impressed. I think I read he was likely to make the team but not a lock and he seems to be on the top pairing for them.

Bring him over after next season for the A potentially.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I've been impressed. I think I read he was likely to make the team but not a lock and he seems to be on the top pairing for them.

Bring him over after next season for the A potentially.
He signed for another year in the SHL. Would have to play with the habs to stay here.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Norlinder taught me that with euro D until they come over and we see them in NA don't count chickens before they hatch
Engstrom and Norlinder are not the same type of defenseman, though. Engstrom is good all around, Norlinder was an offensive D with no physicality.

Yes.

Same kind of steal as Romanov when people said who? When they drafted him and then he ended up pretty good lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad