Player Discussion Adam Clendening

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The bottom line is, there is no reason why AC shouldn't have gotten a game or games more recently.

Especially with all the B2Bs.
Could not agree more. And I am not even a Clendening fan. But with the B2Bs, how has AV not rested the Girardis of the world? Wasn't that the plan coming into the year?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
AV said that Clendening was supposed to be used more in November due to the tough schedule.

It's now the last day in November and Clendo has played one game.

AV...please respond...

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
AV said that Clendening was supposed to be used more in November due to the tough schedule.
It's now the last day in November and Clendo has played one game.
AV...please respond...

i think all this stressing about the 22d guy is missing the point
#4 is living precisely the job he signed up for, 7th\depth D
The team is winning and the D has been healthy
he needs to stay ready, the opening is inevitable, and may arise without warning

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
i think all this stressing about the 22d guy is missing the point
#4 is living precisely the job he signed up for, 7th\depth D
The team is winning and the D has been healthy
he needs to stay ready, the opening is inevitable, and may arise without warning

yet underlying stats show they aren't playing as well as their record indicates. Clendo needs to come in and play. He's better than a "depth d", especially compared to Girardi.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Girardi and Klein have been so bad that it makes zero sense not giving Clendening some time.

Even if he is bad there is a chance he will be better than our other two right handed defensemen.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Clendening is the new mcilrath on here pretty much lol.
He should see some time tho especially with as bad as Klein has been playing .

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I think last night would have been a good night to play Clendo. Carolina is one of the least physical teams in the league....which bodes well for a guy like Clendo. If Clendo doesn't get a start against Buffalo, I think he should absolutely play the afternoon game vs Carolina on Saturday. Of course, it's still unlikely to happen.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
2. Alain Vigneault’s insistence on sticking with his same six defensemen night after night after night after night after night after night and his corresponding refusal to get Adam Clendening back into the lineup for at least a look-see is baffling. It’s the Dylan McIlrath story with a twist: This time it is the mobile puck-mover, rather than the bruising defender, who can’t break into the veteran right side

http://nypost.com/2016/11/30/how-rangers-could-answer-the-big-question-about-their-defense/

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
hhahaha remember when McIlrath wasn't playing because AV apparently loves smooth skaters that could pass?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I disagree mostly, but we do agree on his slowness. His feet are moving a million miles an hour when he tries to get going, but he goes nowhere. It's funny to watch. It's like he has Penguin legs.

Penguins won the Cup, so there you go.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
So basically this comes down to AV having a specific "requirement" for defensemen to meet, and that translates into either a really good defenseman (McDonagh and Skjei) as well as really bad defensemen (Girardi and Klein)...

Someone mentioned that AV seems to have an outdated perspective of what makes a defenseman good--I think this is starting to ring true. Trotting a guy like Klein out instead of letting AC try to build up some confidence with offensive contributions simply doesn't make sense to me at all--other than the "we know what we're getting" mantra, but even that gets me because it's almost like AV CREATES these situations where these guys produce an unknown result, and then AV takes it to the bank as fact

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Is it a coincidence that Clendening is playing for Klein tonight after Brooks' article yesterday? I sometimes wonder which way it works with Larry. Is he the one beat writer that the team actually reads and listens to or does the team leak info to him to see how people would react? Probably some combination of both.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Is it a coincidence that Clendening is playing for Klein tonight after Brooks' article yesterday? I sometimes wonder which way it works with Larry. Is he the one beat writer that the team actually reads and listens to or does the team leak info to him to see how people would react? Probably some combination of both.

Larry brooks is our voice! Thanks Larry!
Gotta rotate G out and the way it seems this year Klein as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad