Player Discussion Adam Clendening

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Wasn't a bad penalty.

Eichel just got crushed by him...fans boo for god knows why but ref heard that, so did Eichel....5 seconds later eichel, one of the best skaters on the ice, feels something on his arm and throws his legs out to draw a penalty...ref already hearing the boo's throws his arm up to cater to the fans. Good job by Eichel to dive and draw a penalty.

Go watch the reply and tell me that wasn't a dive, i dare you.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
I'm one of the harder people on him because I saw his play in Edm last year and it was scary at times. But he looks better this season. He was fine this game in the grand scheme (it's silly to single out a guy who hasn't played in a while, particularly when almost the entire team looked like fried dog ****). The penalty call was BS and should not play a role. The kid should stay in the lineup and keep getting a look since we already know what the rest of the ineptitude on D looks like.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
And yet he still blows Dan Girardi, Kevin Klein, and Nick Holden out of the water.

Just because those guys suck doesn't mean Clendening doesn't as well. The right side is an abomination personnel wise and needs to be addressed sooner or later. But this "anyone but..." mentality continues to be equal parts stupid and annoying when there is clearly no answer on the current roster

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Just because those guys suck doesn't mean Clendening doesn't as well. The right side is an abomination personnel wise and needs to be addressed sooner or later. But this "anyone but..." mentality continues to be equal parts stupid and annoying when there is clearly no answer on the current roster

"Anyone but" Girardi isn't silly or stupid.

I would put a forward on defense over Girardi.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not hyperbolic anymore.

The Rangers are not an NHL team when he's on the ice, during which they concede 60% of the shots.

You can't find me a team in the NHL that concedes 60% of the shots.

That number is 50/50 when he's off the ice.

I wish I was being hyperbolic. Frankly, I don't think I've said enough. I don't think I've been harsh enough to describe how unbelievably ****ed up this situation is.

I don't think I could say what really needs to be said about Dan Girardi without overstepping the boundaries of this forum.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
The Rangers are not an NHL team when he's on the ice, during which they concede 60% of the shots.

That's odd. He's +11. I would really think that if it makes us not an NHL team, his +/- would be bad, not good. In fact, the last full season that he wasn't a + was 09/10.

So, in what way is it not hyperbole to say that we aren't an NHL team when he's on the ice? We seem to do a lot better than our NHL opponents. I don't give a damn if we concede 60% of shots as long as we are healthily in the plus column.

Now, you might believe that this is a fluke season. Just like all his other seasons. I remember being told just how irrelevant +/- is when I used to stand up for Malik, so maybe you don't think stats like what team score more is important.

Last year when Girardi didn't play we lost 7 of the 11 games.

No-one thinks Girardi is great, but we're third in the league, he is regularly a plus player. The massive problem of our team is not Dan Girardi (in so far as we have problems). An improvement could be made given he's on the top pair, that's for sure, but he does not ruin the team.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
That's odd. He's +11. I would really think that if it makes us not an NHL team, his +/- would be bad, not good. In fact, the last full season that he wasn't a + was 09/10.

So, in what way is it not hyperbole to say that we aren't an NHL team when he's on the ice? We seem to do a lot better than our NHL opponents. I don't give a damn if we concede 60% of shots as long as we are healthily in the plus column.

Now, you might believe that this is a fluke season. Just like all his other seasons. I remember being told just how irrelevant +/- is when I used to stand up for Malik, so maybe you don't think stats like what team score more is important.

No-one thinks Girardi is great, but we're third in the league, he is regularly a plus player. The massive problem of our team is not Dan Girardi (in so far as we have problems). An improvement could be made given he's on the top pair, that's for sure, but he does not ruin the team.

Good post. But be prepared for the incoming **** storm.

Given the reality at RD, the best we can hope for is to not give up goals. Despite giving up a ton of shots, Girardi hasn't ceded an absurd amount of goals throughout his career (and this year). I think someone referred to a stat like a week ago that Girardi was on the ice for 9 goals against at ES this season and Klein was on for 18. Yet, the advanced stats worshippers will insist Klein has been better. It's hogwash. The defense, given their current situation/personnel is not going to drive much offense - they are going to get shelled in more games than we'd like. The best we can hope for at this point is limiting actual goals against which, last time I checked, are more important on that scoreboard than shots.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005

How can anyone watch Dan Girardi play and not see him as a massive problem?

As for plus/minus well it's plus/minus. There's a reason no one takes it seriously. Look at the Rangers goal differential. Are we the best team by a country mile, followed by Columbus?

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
That first shift to start the 2nd period where Buffalo built all of their momentum was due to his cross-ice pass in the neutral zone trying to get the puck to Kreider.

I don't care that G is in the lineup. I care that he's being given assignments continually that he's good at handling any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad