Player Discussion Adam Clendening

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He doesn't have to be, I'd take a one legged Duncan Keith before most of our RD.

Honestly outside of mcd..has any defenseman been even consistently average? Skjei? I guess?

Staal been hovering between below average and dreadful..girardi somewhere between a passable number 7 and the worst defenseman in all the hockey leagues that have the letters "hl" in them...Klein's been really really bad all season long..Holden's probably been the brightest one but I'm still that's only because the rest of them are just so bad that the shiny turd looks good..but hes still a turd..ya know?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Klein, Girardi, Holden, have all been absolute horse poop. flying flaming horse poop. Klein is declining faster than Dan Girardi.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I think it's time to put Clendo in, even if only for a game or two in order to send a message to our vets. Guys like Klein and Girardi are in there over Clendo because they are supposed to be stronger and more responsible in their own zone. Yet, they're missing assignments. May as well put in a guy who can miss the same assignments (lol), but at least move the puck up the ice...something we haven't been doing very well from our backend lately. Maybe subbing in Clendo for Klein will give Klein the kick in the ass he seems to need. That missed assignment in front of the net on the first goal last night was awful.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Holden has been fine. Quite solid lately.

I agree. Our best option to play with Mcdonagh imo. He isnt very good but he doesnt anchor Mcdonagh the way Girardi does.

Mcdonagh-Holden
Staal-Clendening
Skjei-Klein/Girardi

Clendening needs to play with Staal, they should be glues together. Staal looked great with him, not so great with anyone else.

I think its time to trade Miller/Kreider/Skjei for a guy like Hamilton/Trouba. It would suck to trade any of them but something gotta give to get a young RHD and only way to do that is to trade one of our young forwards.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Again, congratulations.

latest

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
The bottom line is, there is no reason why AC shouldn't have gotten a game or games more recently.

Especially with all the B2Bs.

Deja Vu all over again.This could be any McIlrath thread from last year.

Remember Vigno saying "They'd give Boyler a rest with all the B2B's coming up"?

Yeah.How'd that work out? Ran "Boyler" into the ground along with broken kneecap,concussed Dan Girardi.

McIlrath is gone, and Vigno has banished another young D man to the pressbox while insisting on riding declining veterans into the ground.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Holden has been pretty solid for a while now and I like Skjei. Girardi, Klein and Staal could be sat now and again. But I don't buy that Clendening is even close to Duncan Keith. He's been banging around the AHL and NHL for a while now in numerous organizations. He has strengths but he also has some weaknesses.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Holden has been pretty solid for a while now and I like Skjei. Girardi, Klein and Staal could be sat now and again. But I don't buy that Clendening is even close to Duncan Keith. He's been banging around the AHL and NHL for a while now in numerous organizations. He has strengths but he also has some weaknesses.

Yet Girardi gets a regular pass for his "weaknesses"? I'm all for not playing Clendening if it's not going to result in passable play, but for whatever defensive deficiencies Adam shows, he makes up for it with his puck movement and offensive contributions.

Girardi has those same weaknesses with ZERO offensive contributions--I can't see why the coach sees every RHD we have (sans Holden, he's been fine) as a better solution than a guy who at the very least has some sort of offensive upside to mitigate his lack of defensive game.

And for gods sakes, we aren't talking about Hal Gill or Brooks Orpik here--we are talking about Clendening playing over one of Girardi or Klein, both who have been playing like #5 dmen... really? You can't bear to try something different, coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad