Player Discussion Adam Clendening

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
because the best teams always give ice time to guys who didn't even skate in warmups?

can't wait for Clendening's NYR era to end

this glorification of a career 7th D, that 4 teams have sent away without regret, seems to me unearned and over-the-top

I was snarky and unfair, when before even seeing him play in Blue,
i compared him to Etem

but still seems to me, he is just another marginal NHL D, a Matt Gilroy type
TClendending is a former 2nd round pick, successful in college and tore up the AHL. He turned 24 a few weeks ago. He must be a journeyman because he couldn't stick as a 22 year old and was traded twice and picked off waivers from a D deep Anaheim team. It's a scientific fact 24 yo D are what they are and don't get better. All of the supporting stats that counter your point are garbage, obviously.

Too bad you pick such a bad example in Matt Gilroy to make your point. The only thing they have in common is attending BU.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
ok, Matz, and Mac n Gs, you've clobbered me

with what is usually my argument, against prospect critics here,
that it's too soon to label the kid,

he's an NTDP product, not 25 yet, (is a 5th year pro) and he's shown promise, especially when given consistent icetime at BU and those 1st 2 years at Rockford,

I haven't been convinced with my own eyes yet,
but i will keep an open mind

in Gordie & Gorto we trust

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
with what is usually my argument, against prospect critics here,
that it's too soon to label the kid,
I completely agree with this, it's a little too early to label him. Here in NYR he's been very good in the preseason and clearly drives possession. He's been totally fine on D too.

It's unfortunate because a player his age should be playing, sitting will only make him look bad when he gets plugged in, but all the D are healthy. He's not a Hunwick, who was in his late 20's and almost 300 NHL games under his belt, more ideal #7 D.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
To play devil's advocate: AV wouldn't be the first coach to not see something in him.

Unfortunately right now for AV, there is no objective evidence that is negative enough against Clendening and positive enough for other players (G/Holden) where it warrants #4 being out of the lineup every night.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Unfortunately right now for AV, there is no objective evidence that is negative enough against Clendening and positive enough for other players (G/Holden) where it warrants #4 being out of the lineup every night.

Oh I know. I was just throwing it out there.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Mainly it's a trust issue. When he does play what kind of situations can he put in? Can they use him on the PK?--or protecting a one goal lead in the last 3-4 minutes of a game? Can he be outmatched easily by physical players in front of the net or along the walls? What happens when he's on the ice against elite or first or second line players? Does he blow up under pressure?

The six the Rangers are using all kill penalties--they're kind of all interchangeable in defensive situations such as protecting leads or penalty killing. Clendening is probably the weakest defensively of the entire group and the Rangers aren't exactly looking for offense at least right now. The coaching staff and this pretty much relates to AV and Beukeboom either know and/or trust the others more. Clendening's major advantage of puck moving and offensive skill has kind of been marginalized as McDonagh, Skjei and Pirri are getting a lot of power play minutes at the points and the power play has been pretty good.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Clendening's major skill advantage of puck moving is marginalized because AV likes his defensemen to be talentless neanderthals, imo

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And which four teams have let Clendening go?

Chicago, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver.

Two teams with suspect defense corps, and two teams who couldn't tell a defenseman from a ****ing banana. Not exactly the greatest example to follow.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
http://www.corsica.hockey/highlights/

Change it to on ice goals against. The first 3 are all on him. Literally spit my drink out at that perry goal he caused.

I don't get the circle jerk for this guy. He's very suspect as an NHLer right now. It's almost like certain posters just stat watch and think he should be gifted a chance because of his shot %.

Teams winning games and playing good I wouldn't tinker with the lineup either. I'd actually trust Girardi and Holden more than this kid right now.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
http://www.corsica.hockey/highlights/

Change it to on ice goals against. The first 3 are all on him. Literally spit my drink out at that perry goal he caused.

I don't get the circle jerk for this guy. He's very suspect as an NHLer right now. It's almost like certain posters just stat watch and think he should be gifted a chance because of his shot %.

Teams winning games and playing good I wouldn't tinker with the lineup either. I'd actually trust Girardi and Holden more than this kid right now.

You trust a non-NHL'er over whom you describe as a suspect NHL'er?

ight.

Not even going to bite on you analyzing literally 3 goals and coming to such a conclusion either.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Alright if we're going to start analyzing single events, then I'm going to post the obligatory

12605499_10201212023140860_8764845278804239623_o.jpg

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
And which four teams have let Clendening go?

Chicago, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver.

Two teams with suspect defense corps, and two teams who couldn't tell a defenseman from a ****ing banana. Not exactly the greatest example to follow.

Well Chicago and Pittsburgh happen to be decent franchises, who have exoerienced some moderate success...

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
At this rate, you only move Girardi somewhere else in the lineup.

You take Klein out for Clendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad