Player Discussion Adam Clendening

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Really like this guy! Great puckmover who makes alot of smart plays. He looks like a very good transition player! Makes breakout passes look easy!

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Is there any proven correlation between playing more minutes and diminishing effectiveness?

Serious question.

I don't really think so, maybe when ur talking 26ish minutes or over 30 minutes, i think Suter looks better when he gets under 27 minutes then when he gets 30+. But that's really not the same since that's a whole lotta minutes :P

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Just wish AV would trust him a bit more, only got just under 15 minutes of ice team, and that's with McIlrath being benched for an entire period.

I think he will eventually. Right now, he's playing well being sheltered with offensive zone faceoffs. Eventually, he'll try him in lower leverage situations and we'll see if we are right about him or if the other teams who cut him were right.

I'd like him to take maybe 2-3 minutes off Holden's shoulders, but I think Klein will be filling those minutes in now, which is much more optimal. Still would prefer this:

McD: 25-27
Staal: 19-21
Skjei: 16-18
Klein: 18-20
Girardi: 17-19
Clendening: 15-17

We need McDonagh to be a horse until Skjei proves he could handle more minutes.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I think he will eventually. Right now, he's playing well being sheltered with offensive zone faceoffs. Eventually, he'll try him in lower leverage situations and we'll see if we are right about him or if the other teams who cut him were right.

I'd like him to take maybe 2-3 minutes off Holden's shoulders, but I think Klein will be filling those minutes in now, which is much more optimal. Still would prefer this:

McD: 25-27
Staal: 19-21
Skjei: 16-18
Klein: 18-20
Girardi: 17-19
Clendening: 15-17

We need McDonagh to be a horse until Skjei proves he could handle more minutes.

Mcdonagh has been great the first games. Hopefully he can keep it up! Easier to let Skjei get limited minutes when Mcdonagh plays great! Think Staal should get some credit aswell! Solid start to the season for him!

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Is there any proven correlation between playing more minutes and diminishing effectiveness?

Serious question.
67% shot differential to lead all Ranger skaters in this extremely small sample thus far.

He's being sheltered with 72% offensive zone starts so far. If his minutes go up, his competition and defensive zone starts go up. Will his effectiveness drop? Idk. The coaching staff should know this and deploy him as such. Not appealing to authority here though.

He can move the puck with his feet and passing. He's suspect in terms of the fundamentals of defending though, IMO, especially positioning and some of the reads he makes in the defensive zone.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Staal and Clendo should be glued together. They compliment each other wonderfully.

Av tho. I get he wants to give him OZ starts, but Klein and Staal do not work well together.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Serious question.

You're playing against higher level competition. You can be pretty sheltered 10-12 minutes a game by playing against lower end competition. Once you play more minutes, you're forced to go against decent players.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Staal and Clendo should be glued together. They compliment each other wonderfully.

Av tho. I get he wants to give him OZ starts, but Klein and Staal do not work well together.

I agreed before last night game, and still do.

Staal needs someone who can move the puck, Klein is not that player.

McD needs someone who can have some bite to his game, Holden is not that player.

McD-Klein
Staal-Clendening
What-Ever

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York

McD needs someone who can have some bite to his game, Holden is not that player.

McD-Klein
Staal-Clendening
What-Ever
You're crazy if you think AV's gonna sit Girardi for Ever :sarcasm:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
You're crazy if you think AV's gonna sit Girardi for Ever :sarcasm:

lol

You'd think since Girardi loves Holden and Girardi so much he'd pair them together.

I'd honestly be OK with that because Staal and McDonagh have been much better than both of those guys, so they will get more minutes

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

McD-Klein
Staal-Clendening
What-Ever

I was okay with the Skjei/Girardi pairing from what I saw last night. Again, the issue with Girardi, as well as a few other players, remains how this coach deploys them.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Is anybody really surprised that this coach never ****ing learns when it comes to defensive evaluation?

I won't be surprised if we never see Clendo again frankly.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've heard this many times on this board now, and no, Clendening does not start 70% of his shifts in the offensive zone. It's not even close. It's 41%. 70% is not even possible.

I was just telling Sabres fans this last week: breaking news, there's three zones, and you need to stop using garbage sites that think there's two zones to get your zone starts numbers.

Blueshirts 94

DJ ZBad
Jan 26, 2016
New York
I was okay with the Skjei/Girardi pairing from what I saw last night. Again, the issue with Girardi, as well as a few other players, remains how this coach deploys them.

Exactly. I've given up hope on Girardi being scratched, but he played a solid game IMO. Just needs to be sheltered on the 3rd pairing with no special teams play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad