Player Discussion Adam Clendening

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
That's odd. He's +11. I would really think that if it makes us not an NHL team, his +/- would be bad, not good. In fact, the last full season that he wasn't a + was 09/10.

So, in what way is it not hyperbole to say that we aren't an NHL team when he's on the ice? We seem to do a lot better than our NHL opponents. I don't give a damn if we concede 60% of shots as long as we are healthily in the plus column.

Now, you might believe that this is a fluke season. Just like all his other seasons. I remember being told just how irrelevant +/- is when I used to stand up for Malik, so maybe you don't think stats like what team score more is important.

Last year when Girardi didn't play we lost 7 of the 11 games.

No-one thinks Girardi is great, but we're third in the league, he is regularly a plus player. The massive problem of our team is not Dan Girardi (in so far as we have problems). An improvement could be made given he's on the top pair, that's for sure, but he does not ruin the team.

Watch the games.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I think he should play Saturday against the Canes and see how he recovers from last night.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Clendening has not been better than Holden. People like Clendening, because of his style of play. He is a guy who moves the puck well, but aside from that he is a huge liability in the D-zone. I was never a fan of Holden and did not understand why we traded for him, but he has had a pretty good season so far

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
He is so far from a liability in his own zone...especially compared to the usual liabilities.

He's small and can pass so he sucks defensively...what an insane narrative and one that AV seems to truly believe.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He is so far from a liability in his own zone...especially compared to the usual liabilities.

He's small and can pass so he sucks defensively...what an insane narrative and one that AV seems to truly believe.

He does not suck defensively BECAUSE he is good at moving the puck. I never said that.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i thought Clendening was fine last night. particularly when compared to Girardi and McDonagh, who were both just awful.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Would've been nice though! Instead of you trying to defend a meh player for a meh game.

Being meh was a good game for our skaters last night honestly.

I'm not saying Clendening's amazing, i'm just saying that at least he doesn't negatively impact the team, and he adds good puck moving and a good PP option.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Watch the games.

TFW an analytics guy tells you to 'watch the games'

raw

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
There have been bad shifts by our D this year, but few were as bad as Clendenings near the end of the game last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad