Post-Game Talk: A New Level of Suckage | Canucks 0 @ Jets 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Hodgson scored more in his rookie season than Virtanen has.

But ya, shoulda drafted Kyle Beach. What a dummy. :rolleyes:

And Hodgsons pretty boy persona is striding along in the AHL.

Busts back to back, whatever it's done with.

Talking about Gilis unleashes the hate for that man

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
The 2011 Canucks scored the most goals in the league. By the time the finals rolled around they were missing half their roster. This shouldn't be hard to grasp.

Considering a vocal bunch of this fan base are using this EXACT reason to explain why the team isn't SO bad this year.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
:laugh: We had a cup contender and were one win away from winning it all...and people complain about poor drafting. Man, it must really suck to have not been great at literally everything. It's not good enough unless our organization is flawless.

^ also lol @ praising Benning's drafting already. The Hodgson/Schroeder drafts also looked great one year after the drafts.

That's exactly the point. Benning being applauded for his drafting. When none of them have looked good in the NHL.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
And Hodgsons pretty boy persona is striding along in the AHL.

Busts back to back, whatever it's done with.

Talking about Gilis unleashes the hate for that man

If the Canucks win one game, the man is given the keys to the city. I'm not saying the guy doesn't deserve a large part of blame for where the team is at the moment. But the current management holds every much as bit of criticism as he does, and speaking about Gillis in such a way, to insinuate the utter lack of incompetence from 2012 on while we have this management group to get past...at least to me, is an amusing bit of irony.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
If the Canucks win one game, the man is given the keys to the city. I'm not saying the guy doesn't deserve a large part of blame for where the team is at the moment. But the current management holds every much as bit of criticism as he does, and speaking about Gillis in such a way, to insinuate the utter lack of incompetence from 2012 on while we have this management group to get past...at least to me, is an amusing bit of irony.

No kidding.

I don't know if the Canucks have ever been as bad as they are right now. And it's not because htey have a bunch of good young kids that are going to form the next core. The roster is full of replaceable boring junk. The team is ghastly, and that these buffoons have turned a successful organization into this trainwreck in so little time is astonishing.

And people hate Gillis. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
That ****** drop pass by Virts to Burrows in the last minute where Burrows got rocked immediately after was painful

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Considering a vocal bunch of this fan base are using this EXACT reason to explain why the team isn't SO bad this year.

Yup. Pretty funny. And Raymond, Kesler, Samuelson was a legitimate second line until all three were injured for the finals. That team had secondary scoring, it just all got injured. A team doesn't score the most amount of goals in the league without secondary scoring (I can't believe I even have to type this).

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
At this point I'm not even sure I can confidently say that drafting Matthews would validate the last 2 years. (Alright maybe I still can, but it's that bad).

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I just put that on 0.3 beta risk scale.

It's be nice but I rather have guys like Tryamkin than Patrick White even if they didn't notice age is by Sept.15th

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I will admit Benning is dumb, but I just can't accept it's a lost cause. They're gonna hire another person to not be a yes man.

Benning for all his work amateur scouting wise, great. It seems better than what we've had.

But they are going to need another group to get rid of the dead weight contracts on the team and fine tune the work Benning's doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad