Post-Game Talk: A New Level of Suckage | Canucks 0 @ Jets 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Also, I don't know what is sadder, the fact the Canucks haven't scored in three games and are absolute **** or the fact this board has to talk about 2011 for no reason....again. It's pretty close.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Yup. Pretty funny. And Raymond, Kesler, Samuelson was a legitimate second line until all three were injured for the finals. That team had secondary scoring, it just all got injured. A team doesn't score the most amount of goals in the league without secondary scoring (I can't believe I even have to type this).

I agree. It's crazy talk. Was Gillis perfect? Absolutely not, and his biggest failing was likely his arrogant nature, which coupled with the scuzzy Aqua-family turned the league, other owners and media completely against the club.

Bennings biggest failing is that he's a horrible GM. It's waaaaay to early to evaluate his drafting, but there's ample evidence that he's simply not fit for his job. I really wish I wasn't writing that, as I'd like nothing better than to be confident that he could improve this club moving forward ... but man, his fingerprints are all over this horribad season for both the Canucks and the Comets.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Jesus christ, even I know this and I don't even know that much about the CBA

Well, this isn't particularly rocket science. I play fantasy hockey and I know these things. If I ran a NHL team, I sure as hell would have that CBA just about memorized.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!...99 shots against in two games.....three goose-eggs in a row....they need to start handing out a cigarette and a blindfold to whatever goalie is up next....Miller the next to face the barrage in Music City....this is going to get ugly folks.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
With tonight's revelations I think it's safe to say these guys are on par with Mike Milbury.

If he's allowed to stay on as long as Milbury he will likely surpass him as worst gm of all time.

For every year they don't fire him it will likely set us back another two or three.

The major damage he might cause is still yet to come...I don't even expect the stupid contract he hands to Lucic will go down as one of his worst moves because there will be so many that you can't even keep track of them.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Milbury, as has been pointed out numerous times, at least had his moments.

Wendell Clark and Mathieu Schneider for Kenny Jonsson and the 4th overall pick (used to take Luongo) is a better trade than all of Benning's best moves combined.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yeh.....losing a year on Tryamkin's entry-level deal is far less egregious than signing guys like Dorsett, Sbisa and Sutter to bloated contracts....that's where this dynamic duo of Jimbo and Linden can really do the most damage.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Milbury, as has been pointed out numerous times, at least had his moments.

Wendell Clark and Mathieu Schneider for Kenny Jonsson and the 4th overall pick (used to take Luongo) is a better trade than all of Benning's best moves combined.

Chara + 1st (Spezza) for Yashin + contract is worse than all of his worst moves combined, though.

I still don't think it's that bad. Certainly bad… but not that bad. The Sbisa contract has to be the worst and we're only a year away from being able to buy him out reasonably.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Very debatable. Harvard should seriously just close their doors now since they allowed John Weisbrod to graduate with a degree from there. That's gotta be an embarrassment.

This board is hilarious. Yup, Harvard should close their doors because one of their graduates attained the position of the general manager of a professional sports team along with several other high ranking positions in the National Hockey League. Yup....pretty embarrassing.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Chara + 1st (Spezza) for Yashin + contract is worse than all of his worst moves combined, though.

I still don't think it's that bad. Certainly bad… but not that bad. The Sbisa contract has to be the worst and we're only a year away from being able to buy him out reasonably.

That's what is perhaps the scariest thing is that Benning is primed to possibly do his most damaging moves this coming off season.

The stuff he's done to this point have been bad, but Miller only has a year left, Vrbata is off the books, Sbisa could be bought out...well, we're still stuck with Dorsett.

But yeah...this off seaosn he will have cap space and full autonomy to really cripple this franchise for years to come. Another 4 years for Miller, a 7 year deal to Lucic, who even knows at this point. Horvat traded for some plug because of our logjam at centre. I can't even guess anymore.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This board is hilarious. Yup, Harvard should close their doors because one of their graduates attained the position of the general manager of a professional sports team along with several other high ranking positions in the National Hockey League. Yup....pretty embarrassing.

His job performance is embarrassing. I would argue John Weisbrod's reading comprehension is at a 12th grade level, because surely any first year college student can understand a CBA. Hell back in 2005 when that CBA came out I was entering my 3rd year in University and I had a printed copy of the CBA and had read it and understood a lot of the concepts. The fact Weisbrod/Benning/Linden don't have a clue when it's their ****ing JOB is beyond ridiculous.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
So our management are idiots and Sven may be injured...this just keeps getting better.

/this is fine dog pic

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
That's what is perhaps the scariest thing is that Benning is primed to possibly do his most damaging moves this coming off season.

The stuff he's done to this point have been bad, but Miller only has a year left, Vrbata is off the books, Sbisa could be bought out...well, we're still stuck with Dorsett.

But yeah...this off seaosn he will have cap space and full autonomy to really cripple this franchise for years to come. Another 4 years for Miller, a 7 year deal to Lucic, who even knows at this point. Horvat traded for some plug because of our logjam at centre. I can't even guess anymore.

IDK about that. Aquaman isn't living under a rock… he's rumoured to be looking for an advisor.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I honestly hope this shutout streak continues and they continue to be the buttend of jokes around the league. This management deserves it so much.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
So....wait, what?

Does this mean his contract is invalid? And what are the real ramifications of this? Do we now have a risk of losing Tryamkin or something?

It means nothing but Benning isnt a lawyer with CBA memorized,

although it could also be suggested this disqualifies him from being allowed to live in Canada anymore

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So....wait, what?

Does this mean his contract is invalid? And what are the real ramifications of this? Do we now have a risk of losing Tryamkin or something?

Benning just tried to sign him to a 3 year deal when you can only sign him to a 2 year deal because he's a ****ing idiot and doesn't read the CBA.

He is signed to a two year deal currently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad