Post-Game Talk: A New Level of Suckage | Canucks 0 @ Jets 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Jim doesn't think he needs any different opinions I guess… but Aquaman seems to be leaning that way. That's a good sign I think.

I know some find it annoying that I'm optimistic but I really don't think it's that bad. Ideally JB doesn't give out any long-term deals this offseason and we get another accidental tank next season. JB gets fired, new guy has some young talent to work with.

I'll give you probs on that, and agree with it.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Burrows has been a very bad player since the start of the Torts season...

I don't think that's fair, he was a good possession player last season. Truth is, he never was a top 6 forward without the twins. They shouldn't have paid him as one.

Last edited:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Funny how Gilman now works for the NHL too, at least temporarily anyways. The same NHL who just basically called out Benning and Weisbrod for their hilarious lack of knowledge when it comes to the CBA.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Funny how Gilman now works for the NHL too, at least temporarily anyways. The same NHL who just basically called out Benning and Weisbrod for their hilarious lack of knowledge when it comes to the CBA.

I'd lol if Gilman CC'd the league :laugh:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
That 2nd period was perhaps the worst 20 mins of Canuck hockey I can remember watching.

Markstrom came to work. Hamhuis was working. Tryamkin was working. Biega was working. Horvat was working. Grenier was working. Etem was working. Baertschi had flashes. Everyone else can go....... look in the mirror.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
They inherited a good team with some issues, as evidenced by making the playoffs last year. It wasn't their brilliant wheeling and dealing that got them into the playoffs last year, it was the solid (if porous) core that was already here. They have turned it into a trainwreck.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Well that is true. Linden and Benning walked into a Garbage Dumpster of an NHL team.

Sedins, Kesler, Hansen up front. Bo ready to make the jump.
Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis, Garrison on the backend
Lack and Markstrom
6th overall pick
Lots of cap space

Not exactly the worst situation to walk into IMO. The team was going to bounce back somewhat even if they made zero changes. It was a long road back to a contender but I don't think they had nothing to work with.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The greatest thing is, I haven't watched the last 10 games of this team. Nothing is worth watching for except maybe Markstrom. It's not worth the agony to see one of the kids have one bright spot.

I usually turn on the game, end up napping and waking up to watch one of the later games on. It's sad.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Benning isn't a saint but Gillis didn't give us **** in drafting until his last year and gems late in rounds previous.

I like Bennings evolution of taken on drafting, that's his strength.

That's the only good thing taken from him, but **** Mike Gillis for real...his neck beard ass can stay away from this team.

Benning didn't do **** with those same drafts either.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
The greatest thing is, I haven't watched the last 10 games of this team. Nothing is worth watching for except maybe Markstrom. It's not worth the agony to see one of the kids have one bright spot.

I usually turn on the game, end up napping and waking up to watch one of the later games on. It's sad.

Aquaman knew you couldn't handle a tank. You should really watch Tryamkin though, he's been a pleasant surprise.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Provies apparently. I won't give Botch the hit so you'll have to look it up yourself.

Didn't see it in there tonight...

You should give Botch the hit. He's probably the only guy in the local media (who's not retired) who actually calls out management on their sheer stupidity.

Friedman took a shot at the Canucks tonight too saying the whole Tryamkin thing couldn't be the Canucks fault, that it was all his fault instead.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Well that is true. Linden and Benning walked into a Garbage Dumpster of an NHL team.

A dumpster full of assets worth 1st and 2nd round picks and also a bunch cap space, which they promptly set on fire to keep their hands warm. Now all they have is burnt hands and a dumpster full of ash.

They got just one first (a weak one at 23rd overall pick) from Kesler Garrison Hamhuis Bieksa Vrbata. Not mention the sundry smaller assets they could not be bothered turning into 2nds, 3rds, 4ths.

The cap they turned into Miller's and Sbisa and Dorsett and whatever the hell this year's version of Vrbata is.

Wasted a rebuild year last year getting humiliated by Calgary instead of taking a shot at McDavid or just even guys like Provorov or Connor.

Self inflicted.

Last edited:

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Didn't see it in there tonight...

You should give Botch the hit. He's probably the only guy in the local media (who's not retired) who actually calls out management on their sheer stupidity.

Friedman took a shot at the Canucks tonight too saying the whole Tryamkin thing couldn't be the Canucks fault, that it was all his fault instead.

Botch isn't a knowledgable hockey guy, he's a weak entertainer. I find that insufferable and I think it's the root of evil in the world today.

It wasn't tonight… someone mentioned it earlier today.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Botch isn't a knowledgable hockey guy, he's a weak entertainer. I find that insufferable and the root of evil in the world today.

Botch knows more about hockey than the fools running this team at least. Though I guess that isn't saying much.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Aquaman knew you couldn't handle a tank. You should really watch Tryamkin though, he's been a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, Botchford has been raving about him in the Provies from what I have read. Lots of hype on Twitter too. I saw Pedan was playing too....twin towers. :laugh:

Pedan on the goal tonight though. :popcorn:

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
A dumpster full of assets worth 1st and 2nd round picks and also a bunch cap space, which they promptly set on fire to keep their hands warm. Now all they have is burnt hands and a dumpster full of ash.

Self inflicted.

JB and Trev haven't exactly helped the fortunes, but it doenst change the fact about what they inherited. I'm just reminding people this whole phenomenon of terrible management has been a 5 year problem, not just since they took over two years ago almost to the day.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Botch isn't a knowledgable hockey guy, he's a weak entertainer. I find that insufferable and I think it's the root of evil in the world today.

Botchford is the only one I follow on Twitter, and read articles from. Everyone else can **** off.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
JB and Trev haven't exactly helped the fortunes, but it doenst change the fact about what they inherited. I'm just reminding people this whole phenomenon of terrible management has been a 5 year problem, not just since they took over two years ago almost to the day.

Gillis made his share of mistakes, sure. But Benning would need to look a long way up through a telescope to see where Gillis was at his least competent.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

1390491781358.jpg

Got a snapshot of the NHL's reply.

Gilman must have been having some great laughs weigh the guys at hear office.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I don't think that's fair, he was a good possession player last season. Truth is, he never was a top 6 forward without the twins. They shouldn't have paid him as one.

The year he was put in the Sedins' line, he was on pace for ~40pts and 20g without them when joined them in February, on top of really high-end two way play. He was definitely a second line level player.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Yeah I got a solid 2 hours on the couch with cats this afternoon :laugh:

Ended up watching the 3rd though due to what is known in my household as 'cat paralysis'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad