Post-Game Talk: A New Level of Suckage | Canucks 0 @ Jets 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It means nothing but Benning isnt a lawyer with CBA memorized,

although it could also be suggested this disqualifies him from being allowed to live in Canada anymore

You don't need to be a lawyer and have the CBA memorized when it is your job running an NHL team to know the rules of how the workings of the league is done.

Every other GM knows the CBA. Benning? Doesn't. It says a lot.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
This isn't the first time the league has had to correct these guys on the CBA. They earned a public shaming for their ineptitude.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
You don't need to be a lawyer and have the CBA memorized when it is your job running an NHL team to know the rules of how the workings of the league is done.

Every other GM knows the CBA. Benning? Doesn't. It says a lot.

I put that blame on TL and Aqualini, they know what his knowledge is.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I put that blame on TL and Aqualini, they know what his knowledge is.

Not sure why Aquilini is even being discussed here, he was probably on vacation getting sunburnt. Put blame on everyone, but Benning is sure as hell not excused - not even in the slightest.

And no...Aquilini and Linden do NOT know what knowledge is. They are far from knowledgeable....FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR from knowledgeable.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
While the screw up on the signing likely doesn't hurt us, if they can't comprehend the basics of the CBA then I have serious concerns that they might mess up something that will actually cost the organization. Did they give a reason as to why they fired Gilman?

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
IDK about that. Aquaman isn't living under a rock… he's rumoured to be looking for an advisor.

Why would he need an advisor? I thought this regime has done a great job and didn't need advice or help from any different opinions.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
9fOAkd6.jpg

I'll just leave this here

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
While the screw up on the signing likely doesn't hurt us, if they can't comprehend the basics of the CBA then I have serious concerns that they might mess up something that will actually cost the organization. Did they give a reason as to why they fired Gilman?

-------------

Trevor Linden said:

Linden stressed that none of the decisions were performance-based...

:dunno:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
No, it just means they were embarrassingly scolded by the NHL in front of every other team.

Benning just tried to sign him to a 3 year deal when you can only sign him to a 2 year deal because he's a ****ing idiot and doesn't read the CBA.

He is signed to a two year deal currently.

Okay so real-world implications is just that we look like idiots for not reading the CBA? So there's no risk of losing Tryamkin?

*whew* Okay. That I'm cool with.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
"Not performance based," could also extend to many of the contracts and roster decisions that have been going on.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Okay so real-world implications is just that we look like idiots for not reading the CBA? So there's no risk of losing Tryamkin?

*whew* Okay. That I'm cool with.

Yes, Benning and company look like idiots - they literally....LITERALLY could have googled it before they tried to sign Tryamkin and found out he can only be signed to a 2 year deal.

No risk of losing him.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Why would he need an advisor? I thought this regime has done a great job and didn't need advice or help from any different opinions.

Jim doesn't think he needs any different opinions I guess… but Aquaman seems to be leaning that way. That's a good sign I think.

I know some find it annoying that I'm optimistic but I really don't think it's that bad. Ideally JB doesn't give out any long-term deals this offseason and we get another accidental tank next season. JB gets fired, new guy has some young talent to work with.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
When I first read that scolding retort to Bennington, I didn't even flinch. Not even surprised. An everyday occurence with this management. It's pathetic.

Who's in charge of filing these contracts to the league? I'm assuming it's Weisbrod as Jimbo is busy with his love and passion for scouting.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Jim doesn't think he needs any different opinions I guess… but Aquaman seems to be leaning that way. That's a good sign I think.

I know some find it annoying that I'm optimistic but I really don't think it's that bad. Ideally JB doesn't give out any long-term deals this offseason and we get another accidental tank next season. JB gets fired, new guy has some young talent to work with.

I commend you for being able to clutch on to this last shred of optimism.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Source?

Well that is true. Linden and Benning walked into a Garbage Dumpster of an NHL team.

Not quite. The Canucks were in perfect position for a well organized rebuild. Instead Linden/Benning have absolutely destroyed this franchise and turned it into the laughingstock of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad