Post-Game Talk: A New Level of Suckage | Canucks 0 @ Jets 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Nah, Botchford has hinted that Aqua is looking for someone with experience that can come in as an advisor, cause we're sadly at that type of situation of needing an advisor and watchdog on the President/GM :cry:

Probably George McPhee. He has connections to TL. Then when WD inevitably gets fired they'll hire the experienced Randy Carlyle.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Why Torts? CBJ hired him, so we are off the hook I think.

Maybe he can just bring Gillis back. He's paying him anyways :laugh:

Linden should never have been made president. He should have been brought in as a VP. He could learn the ropes and still fulfill his role as spokesmodel. Gillis could have run the team in the background as a low profile president and Benning could have had his token GM title while scouting.

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009
Supposedly he said something in an interview along the lines of us taking a defenceman unless one player is still available because he's too good to pass up (I would assume Matthews)

Also supposedly in an interview he didn't seem impressed with Chychrun but really liked Juolevi.

I was joking, but those are the reason for the joke

The most recent article has quoted Benning stating he would take one of the Mathews, Puljarjarvi, Laine if he had a top 3 pick but otherwise would take a defenseman if all things are equal.

“I believe those guys at the top end, Matthews and the two Finns, they have a chance to be special players in the NHL. They have the size, the strength, the skill, so I think those top three guys, and then after that, for me, there’s the next group.”
http://canucksarmy.com/2016/3/10/jim-benning-reveals-his-draft-strategy-talks-about-defencemen-defencemen-and-more-defencemen

Benning is an idiot in many regards, but his drafting has been the lone bright spot, so I don't want to take away the only silver lining we have. If only he didn't piss away picks like nothing.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
As if Gillis was THAT bad. Though it's no point in arguing over something that's never going to happen.

He was pretty bad. Failed to acquire a top 6 forward to put the team over the top while completely destroying our prospect pool at the same time. He was basically content with having Raymond in the top 6 on a contending team. :laugh:

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Nah, Botchford has hinted that Aqua is looking for someone with experience that can come in as an advisor, cause we're sadly at that type of situation of needing an advisor and watchdog on the President/GM :cry:

That would be a great solution... Benning and Weisbrod seem very open to getting advice and receiving second opinions on things. I'm sure after a month they'd like to fire the advisor and absorb his duties.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
He was pretty bad. Failed to acquire a top 6 forward to put the team over the top while completely destroying our prospect pool at the same time. He was basically content with having Raymond in the top 6 on a contending team. :laugh:
"Putting a team over the top"

G7 of the cup finals.

They got there. They had a 70mil team under a 50 mil cap. And as bad as those picked look, they're seem to be making strides now.

Benning has been replacing NHLers on this roster with AHLers.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
That would be a great solution... Benning and Weisbrod seem very open to getting advice and receiving second opinions on things. I'm sure after a month they'd like to fire the advisor and absorb his duties.

:laugh: "ya umm we didn't like because he doesn't say rip the puck"

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

G7 of the cup finals.

They got there. They had a 70mil team under a 50 mil cap. And as bad as those picked look, they're seem to be making strides now.

lowest scoring team to make the finals in NHL history. imagine if he actually made a useful trade to add scoring?

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010

we going to need to hire an advisor for that advisor soon!!!

BEST ORG EVER!

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
lowest scoring team to make the finals in NHL history. imagine if he actually made a useful trade to add scoring?

The 2011 Canucks scored the most goals in the league. By the time the finals rolled around they were missing half their roster. This shouldn't be hard to grasp.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

G7 of the cup finals.

Cody Hodgson, Jordan Schroder, Nik Jensen sure made strides with this team.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
You guys are gonna be real hard to stop in the tank battle the rest of the season. Wish you coulda won tonight
The saltiness in this post is hilarious.

Yes we suck right now. But at least some point in our teams history we were elite and had something to cheer for besides "just making the playoffs".

Literally that's all there is for Winnipeg. Cheer to go one and done.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
:laugh: "ya umm we didn't like because he doesn't say rip the puck"

Jake Bean can rip the puck. :naughty:

vi2d433.png

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I'm sure in a couple years those names could be replaced with Briseboise, Virtanen and depending on who he drafts this year.

But he has others in Vey, Pedan. Dorsett

So you're staying that you'd rather have Benning?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

It's not like it would make much of a difference. Not just because they are so incompetent that they are hopeless, but because Benning doesn't like opposing opinions. He's gotten rid of just about everyone who had one in the organization.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
The 2011 Canucks scored the most goals in the league. By the time the finals rolled around they were missing half their roster. This shouldn't be hard to grasp.

They struggled to score the entire playoffs and many people predicted it would happen because Kesler had no winger support. Trying to win the cup with Raymond in the top 6 is inexcusable IMO.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'm sure in a couple years those names could be replaced with Briseboise, Virtanen and depending on who he drafts this year.

But he has others in Vey, Pedan. Dorsett

So you're staying that you'd rather have Benning?

Benning isn't a saint but Gillis didn't give us **** in drafting until his last year and gems late in rounds previous.

I like Bennings evolution of taken on drafting, that's his strength.

That's the only good thing taken from him, but **** Mike Gillis for real...his neck beard ass can stay away from this team.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

:laugh: We had a cup contender and were one win away from winning it all...and people complain about poor drafting. Man, it must really suck to have not been great at literally everything. It's not good enough unless our organization is flawless.

^ also lol @ praising Benning's drafting already. The Hodgson/Schroeder drafts also looked great one year after the drafts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad