Post-Game Talk: A New Level of Suckage | Canucks 0 @ Jets 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
truly historical, we will tell our grandchildren about this

-the 82 cinderella story team
-the 94 cinderella story 2.0 team
-the 2011 dominant team that choked
-the 2016 100 point team that somehow fell 30 points short

But Luongo was worried about his 'legacy' in 2011, his mental game was on fleek :sarcasm:

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Sedins weren't amazing tonight but they definitely competed and tried to set an example. Burrows struggled with them too. The Virtanen, Bae, Horvat line was invisible all night aside from the one shift in the 2nd that Bo had 3 shots and worked his tail off. Virtanen had a very poor game. Same could be said about the Vey, Etem and McCann line. Etem had a few good shifts but is a black hole offensively when the puck is on his stick. Very tough game for McCann, just could not settle or control the puck shift after shift after shift. It's pretty bad when your best line was composed of 3 guys who were all in the AHL 2 weeks ago. Higgins was quiet but Gaunce and Grenier had stronger games than what we have previously seen. Grenier showed good compete level tonight, good on the back check and had a few good knock downs of clearing attempts when in the offensive zone. It's a shame his stick had to break in doing so before his breakaway. I love Gaunce's work forechecking on the PK and looked decent as a centre. Probably more comfortable there which adds to the overloaded middle spot of fringe NHL players we have.

Hutton I barely noticed tonight, which in a game like this was a good thing. Hamhuis and Biega had a tough time making outlet passes and clearing the zone but recovered quiet well and definitely battled all night. Lone bright spot was Tryamkin. Played great in the defensive zone and looked good on the 2 or 3 odd man rushes he defended. For a guy that size to move like he does and use his stick like he does I have been extremely impressed. The physicality will come but only once he's comfortable in his positioning and reading his partner. Once he figures out when to pinch and when not to be will be a very solid guy. Bartkowski was his usual self, can't count how many time he turned the puck over, especially in the 2nd period. Pedan was awful agin too, though some of that will be due to playing with Bartkowski. He simply isn't cut out for the NHL yet. His skating is questionable and his puck skills are below average. It's his fault they even scored, standing where he should in front of the net but letting the guy have a clean attempt at a wrap around.

Markstrom was amazing, best game he's had as a Canuck IMO. It's a shame we've wasted 2 great goaltending performances. My biggest issue is with Willy. No coaching skills at all, took way too long to pull the goalie. Once he did he decides to put Virtanen out as the extra attacker? I love Virtanen and think he will be a good player but this was not the night to have him out there trying to tie the game. No line juggling either until like 2 minutes left in the game. Nothing was working so he decides to keep everything the same? I almost hope we continue this shutout streak just so his sorry excuse for an NHL coach gets fired. Only bright spot is the tank is seriously on. 3 straight shutout, 1 goal in the last 4 games, sure our defence is pretty poor but we need a game breaking offensive talent like the top 3 in this years draft will provide.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
It's clear that the team has quit on Willie. So that begs the question, why bring in a coach that the team has quit on? (that doesn't even begin the issue of how good of a coach Willie really is)

Amazing really that the Sedins and Burrows can call out the team and we get a nothing response like this...

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
This team is just... ghastly. Add Lucic to this next year and my soul will die.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Benning has been great at drafting for us so far, I don't think he'd mess up a top 3 pick

Supposedly he said something in an interview along the lines of us taking a defenceman unless one player is still available because he's too good to pass up (I would assume Matthews)

Also supposedly in an interview he didn't seem impressed with Chychrun but really liked Juolevi.

I was joking, but those are the reason for the joke

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Really really hoping the Sedins ask for a trade this offseason.

I don't care what you get for them, just move them so we don't have to waste two spots protecting them.

They've been great players for us, but they're getting in the way of properly rebuilding this team.

The Sedin's are the perfect players to have on this team going forward for a long list of reasons. Trading them only makes sense if they were going to a contender with a great chance at winning, and that is it. The organization owes them that.

It's just insane to even consider trading them for the purpose of "properly rebuilding this team". There are no 2 other players in the league I would want on a rebuilding team to have the prospects and future core to mould their games around.

The young guys will learn more from these 2 guys than any coach could teach them. It's crazy-talk.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Only one I see getting the ax is Willie D, players have tuned him out and there gonna do so next season.

Unfortunate yes but what can you do

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
It'll be soon. I will be shocked if Aquilini allows all of Weisbrod, Willie, Benning and Linden to stay after this trainwreck of a season.

Nah, Botchford has hinted that Aqua is looking for someone with experience that can come in as an advisor, cause we're sadly at that type of situation of needing an advisor and watchdog on the President/GM :cry:

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
never. i dont think he wants to pay more money than he already has. i.e torts/gillis

He's actively losing money with his loser product.

Everyone I know who had season tickets have given them up.

A couple mil to make these dumbasses go away is a drop in the bucket considering the larger picture.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well that was awful.

Trying to think of positives, but all I got is: Tank.

Oh, thought Gaunce played well. Has for a bit, can see glimpses of a good NHLer there sometimes. Baertschi and Horvat had some good moments. Grenier showed some life.

Everyone else on F was garbage tonight.

D was almost as bad. Tryamkin...his 4th game. Giving him some slack. Pedan...what, 7th, 8th game? Okay. But he was bad. Rest of d was crap. Hutton had some good shifts, but that's about it.

Everyone ****ing sucks at passing, taking passes, winning battles along the boards, recovering pucks deep in either end, etc etc etc.

Bad team is bad.

Here we come, Auston. Be there for us. We need you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad