Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Seems the very opposite of what Yzerman would do. I could definitely see him trading for Pettersson with a relatively market friendly extension in place, then maybe one of those guys gets moved but more than likely it's someone from the overload of D prospects or future picks. His most recent interview.. and I'm paraphrasing, he said the only time you come out of a rebuild too soon is when you move your young players and assets before you even start making the playoffs consistently. Then when things go wrong, you have nothing to fall back on. He is here for the long run, not for a quick fix.
Pettersson’s 24 years old.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Yes, a trade for Pettersson ally.

giphy.gif

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Pettersson’s 24 years old.

I'm well aware of his age. He would fit in great if he could got for reasonable assets. What's the cost to acquire him? What are his contract demands? Will he sign? Those are the more important questions I'd imagine Yzerman & Co. would be asking. Don't make a Phil Kessel trade and think your ready for the dance when you haven't even got an invitation. Can't see Yzerman moving his recent first rounders is all, those are the guys that he already is penciling in for our competitive years hopefully coming.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Kasper + Wallinder + Next available 1st Rounder

for

Pettersson w/out an extension.

I don't know why people wouldn't do this...I love kasper, I think Wallinder is going to be great, and that 1st would be almost useless with Pettersson's addition. With all that being said...

Rasmussen - Larkin - DBC
Berggren - Pettersson - Raymond
Soderblom - Danielson - Copp/Compher -->Mazur

To have this in 2 years or so? Are we seriously going to sit here and say that this is not a cup contending/deep playoff run top 9?? Then copp contract runs out and you put mazur there for Soderblom - Danielson - Mazur....come on guys, what in the world is truly wrong with this? They are all under 28!!!!! Larkin would literally be the oldest one lmao

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
1. Doubtful. I've been beating this drum for a while but star players almost never garner the return that people expect them to.

2. Do you think Larkin's a 100-point player in Vancouver?

3. Fine

4. So what? Get elite players and worry about the cap later.

1. 2 A level prospects for a legit 1st line center? Look at the EK return. It became Stutzle and Norris. Hard pass.
2. Maybe not 100 but 90? Probably. That team isn't very responsible defensively and I think Larkin is a fair bit better defensively than Pettersson.
3. FINE!
4. That's working out great for Vancouver right now, isn't it?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
1. 2 A level prospects for a legit 1st line center? Look at the EK return. It became Stutzle and Norris. Hard pass.
2. Maybe not 100 but 90? Probably. That team isn't very responsible defensively and I think Larkin is a fair bit better defensively than Pettersson.
3. FINE!
4. That's working out great for Vancouver right now, isn't it?
I'll chime in for the number 4 argument....

who have they sought out to get that was considered elite recently.................I respect you too much to assume you mean JT Miller lmao.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Oh oh! Now that we’ve done the “Trade for him with prospects” vs the “I’d never trade our prospects for him”, I shall introduce the next part of this debate:

“Why trade for Petterson when we can just sign him in two years in 2025? It’s obviously he wants to come here because he is best friends with Soderblom’s cousin.”

/takes bow

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Kasper + Wallinder + Next available 1st Rounder

for

Pettersson w/out an extension.

I don't know why people wouldn't do this...I love kasper, I think Wallinder is going to be great, and that 1st would be almost useless with Pettersson's addition. With all that being said...

Rasmussen - Larkin - DBC
Berggren - Pettersson - Raymond
Soderblom - Danielson - Copp/Compher -->Mazur

To have this in 2 years or so? Are we seriously going to sit here and say that this is not a cup contending/deep playoff run top 9?? Then copp contract runs out and you put mazur there for Soderblom - Danielson - Mazur....come on guys, what in the world is truly wrong with this? They are all under 28!!!!! Larkin would literally be the oldest one lmao
Disgusting for Detroit

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Yea thats not a cup contending top 9. Not even remotely close. I would take 15 other teams top 9s over that mashup. The center depth is nice, sure but those wingers are trash.

Unless my sarcasm detector is broken which I'm starting to think it is...

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
What we've seen with Danielsson is what is missing in our other offensive prospects. A future top 6 player usually impresses from the first sights. You either has it or not from the get go.

That's why there is not much of a hope for Mazur, Hanas, Kasper, etc.

I would argue that Kaspers first game, with a broken kneecap, I did very much notice him buzzing around the ice, finishing his checks, I think he both created a scoring chance and generated a shot, and started jawing after the whistle.

So to your point, Kasper did pop for me the one time we saw him. Mazur, haven’t seen yet.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I would argue that Kaspers first game, with a broken kneecap, I did very much notice him buzzing around the ice, finishing his checks, I think he both created a scoring chance and generated a shot, and started jawing after the whistle.

So to your point, Kasper did pop for me the one time we saw him. Mazur, haven’t seen yet.

Yeah very weird to list 2 guys we havent seen and a guy who was noticeable in his one game with a broken knee cap lol.

Those of us who watched Mazur in the AHL came away extremely impressed in that short stint too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad