Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Atoadaso

Mar 27, 2019
Comps aren’t really my thing but what about Krejci? If he carved out a career similar to his I’d take that.

Last edited:
Reactions: evolutionbaby

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I get a Jeff Carter/Spezza vibe style-wise from Danielson. A lot of projectable traits and I think he's gonna work on his hands a bit more and become an all-around offensive threat. Love the pick loading up down the middle.

One thing also is that he is a Right-handed center and had monster-load of Faceoffs last year on his team. Won 52.6%.

We didn't have any righty faceoff guy in the team or even in the prospect system.

But now we have.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I was watching his media interview and the answer that stood out to me was when he was asked about he critiques of his offensive game and his initial response was a bit of a cheeky "depends on who's saying it" which tells me he abides by the "don't take criticism from those you wouldn't take advice from" mantra. I really what he has shown of his mentality since being drafted. Knew nothing about him before his name was called and I've been really impressed with his game and personality since then.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The only question here is can his scoring develop. He'll play in the NHL 2nd line shutdown or 1st line stud is the only question.
His team scored 113 fewer goals than Zach Benson's team. If he had some more firepower he would've had a few more assists.

Reactions: David D

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
The hope is he gets traded to a team with a pulse. I'd even be fine with moving him to Europe, if he's another shutdown guy with no offense we are f&*cked.
Totally agree with this. However, from what I've watched of him, he definitely displays some offensive creativity. Not saying he is the next McDavid, but I think he will at least develop into an okay scoring center. Couple that with being defensively responsible, and a RH faceoff guy and I have high hopes for him.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
His team scored 113 fewer goals than Zach Benson's team. If he had some more firepower he would've had a few more assists.

I am hoping that is the reason for less than great junior numbers. It does make sense that his numbers are down on a bad team.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
100% agree. Mo had the O but focused on D. He may have the skill but not the supporting cast. That said, still a very safe pick at 9. He is a very responsible defensive center.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
WHL makes sense, would hope he's on a better team but another year at Brandon wouldn't be the worst.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Yeah. Who knows what he'll develop into, but most of his team was made up of older players who will almost all be working in other professions in 2-3 years at best. You look at the clips and 90% of the time his offence is mostly or entirely self generated and his teammates are either nowhere to be seen or showing very little support. Been a while since I've seen a players CHL clips and look so far ahead of the rest of their team bar the 1st or 2nd overall guys.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Based on yzermans comments after the 1st round the quote by Bedard about Danielson being the hardest player to play against sealed it for them to go Danielson at 9.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Based on yzermans comments after the 1st round the quote by Bedard about Danielson being the hardest player to play against sealed it for them to go Danielson at 9.

We are reading tea leaves here, but i disagree. They worded it as this quote put smile on their faces, as it was more of validation of their opinion, and not really deciding factor, means they didn't bump him a couple of positions up, but felt justified in their already high opinion on him

Reactions: ZDH

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
WHL makes sense, would hope he's on a better team but another year at Brandon wouldn't be the worst.

Brandon had a rough year. Coaching change midway through seemed to help a bit.

He's got some talent to work with next year.

He's probably a candidate to get traded.

Reactions: Ezekial

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
I’ve said already how high I am on Danielson, but to put it out there more, I think he projects as a legit 1B center. Sort of in the 20-30 range for center ranks.

Pronman’s comparable was Lindholm, which I think is accurate in terms of the level I think he’ll reach, but stylistically I compare him to Josh Norris. Skates very well, strong defensively, underrated goal scoring, and pretty good playmaking/hands.

I think it’s worth discussing how to build out the forward lines. If this rebuild is to work, I think our strength will be rolling 3 strong centers rather than the elite 1-2 center punch of a standard contender build. I suppose you could slide Kasper to the wing and try to make him a high end power forward. Regardless, we probably need one more top line level winger either way.

X Larkin Raymond
Ras Danielson Mazur
Berggren Kasper Compher

Kasper Larkin Raymond
Ras Danielson X
Berggren Compher Lombardi/Buch?

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I’ve said already how high I am on Danielson, but to put it out there more, I think he projects as a legit 1B center. Sort of in the 20-30 range for center ranks.

Pronman’s comparable was Lindholm, which I think is accurate in terms of the level I think he’ll reach, but stylistically I compare him to Josh Norris. Skates very well, strong defensively, underrated goal scoring, and pretty good playmaking/hands.

I think it’s worth discussing how to build out the forward lines. If this rebuild is to work, I think our strength will be rolling 3 strong centers rather than the elite 1-2 center punch of a standard contender build. I suppose you could slide Kasper to the wing and try to make him a high end power forward. Regardless, we probably need one more top line level winger either way.

X Larkin Raymond
Ras Danielson Mazur
Berggren Kasper Compher

Kasper Larkin Raymond
Ras Danielson X
Berggren Compher Lombardi/Buch?
Too bad that X isn’t Barlow, I think he would have fit in well with those groups.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Welp, 4D chess by Bedard, knew he'd be a Hawk so he made a comment about a guy he thought sucked in the WHL so the Wings would take him. ND is a bona fide bust.

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
Too bad that X isn’t Barlow, I think he would have fit in well with those groups.
Agreed. Barlow was my BPA at 17 and really fit my vision of a hard checking team that can still fill the net. I like ASP, but our need on RHD was for someone who will be our 4th or 5th best defenseman

Reactions: norrisnick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad