Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
WHLGP: 47G: 31A: 28P: 59
That was Rasmussen stats in his draft year 1.255 PPG

WHL
This is Nate Danielsons stats.... 1.14 PPG

I know his game is a lot more than just points, but with the talent available at 9 not sure I am overly optimistic about his ceiling.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

WHL

I know his game is a lot more than just points, but with the talent available at 9 not sure I am overly optimistic about his ceiling.
Okay, now look at who was on both teams and where they were in the league standings...

Danielson was the leading goals/assists/points player on his draft team. Rasmussen was 2nd in goals, 7th in assists on a good team that went 14 games deep into a playoff run...

Ras had many more weapons to play with and from all reports, Danielson was on an island.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
The videos I watched of him, the way he skates, splits defenders, and shoots in close reminds me of Mike Modano. I think he has untapped offensive potential.

His stickhandling and skating is quite a bit better than Kasper's.

I could see him getting NHL games in two years.

I like the modano comparison

Purely based on highlights, I see Roope Hintz and Alex Tuch as examples of his toolset offensively

Will he have that impact in the NHL? Time will telll

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013

WHL

check out the difference in help …
IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5645.jpeg

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

WHL

That was Rasmussen’s d+2.

Here’s his Draft season:

Ras was on a better team and got the bulk of his points on the power play. Didn’t have a plus shot and had skating as a weakness. Apples to oranges as a prospect.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
Purely based on highlights, I see Roope Hintz and Alex Tuch as examples of his toolset offensively

Will he have that impact in the NHL? Time will telll

I think he’s got the potential to hit those watermarks offensively.

I can see him playing on Kasper’s wing but taking a chunk of faceoffs and leaving the defense to Kasper. It could be kind of a Mike Richards/Jeff Carter in Philly situation (with less booze and drugs I hope)

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Cautiously optimistic about this pick. Between him and Kasper I’m worried we just took two third line centers in a row, but we’ll see. Pronman really likes him and I’ve seen some Couture comparisons, so we’ll see what this guy ends up being.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Cautiously optimistic about this age. Between him and Kasper I’m worried we just took two third line centers in a row, but we’ll see. Pronman really likes him and I’ve seen some Couture comparisons, so we’ll see what this guy ends up being.

Theres a couple studies that have been posted on here before. At the top of the draft, late birthdays actually tend to work out better in the NHL for some reason.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Praying for this kid to prove me wrong.
I can see the hope for a Hintz/Scheifele style player here. I think he’d do great on Kasper’s wing.

Where does the Hintz comparison come from? Hintz is proably fastest skater after McDavid at NHL. Modern day Fedorov.

That Scheifele feels much more realistic comparable for Danielson.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Where does the Hintz comparison come from? Hintz is proably fastest skater after McDavid at NHL. Modern day Fedorov.

If you go on the main prospect board theres a few guys who watch the WHL who say his comparison is Brayden Schenn.

Reactions: Henkka

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I don't think Danielson has anywhere near the nastiness Schenn has always had.

Underrated post. Kudos to you.
He has edge to his game though and is hard to play against. One of his comparalbe is Yanni Guorde who is an absolute pest out there

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020

I can see a little bit of Hintz in his game. Danielson is really fast. He has a lot of giddyup and go as soon as the puck hits his stick. One I tossed out a bit before was Tyler Seguin, but I think he looks more like Cozens, and that's who Danielson said he tries to style his game after since they're both WHL kids.

Either way, whether he's a Brayden Schenn, a Tyler Seguin, a Dylan Cozens or Roope Hintz, we've got a very good prospect and can be happy with that selection.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I keep hearing things like this “you need guys like this”. Where are the other guys coming from? You know, the ones that put the actual puck in the actual net?
He scored three less goals than Benson. Goals will come from Danielson, Larkin and Kasper. They just do a lot more when they aren’t happening than other guys.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I can see a little bit of Hintz in his game. Danielson is really fast. He has a lot of giddyup and go as soon as the puck hits his stick. One I tossed out a bit before was Tyler Seguin, but I think he looks more like Cozens, and that's who Danielson said he tries to style his game after since they're both WHL kids.

Either way, whether he's a Brayden Schenn, a Tyler Seguin, a Dylan Cozens or Roope Hintz, we've got a very good prospect and can be happy with that selection.
I get a Jeff Carter/Spezza vibe style-wise from Danielson. A lot of projectable traits and I think he's gonna work on his hands a bit more and become an all-around offensive threat. Love the pick loading up down the middle.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Danielson's ceiling may not be as high as some other picks, but his floor makes this a solid pick for a decade. I can see this kid taking the ice for the last minute of a playoff game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad