Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
It's a good pick. I remember that a lot of people wanted Fabbri over Larkin back in 2014. Thiss feels like that, when we choose the less exciting, sober, two center over the flashy winger.

All our cup wins in the modern era has been built around strong two way centers and good defense. Still missing a couple of pieces, like a scoring winger, and a second pairing RD. Building through the middle is the way to go. That makes the wingers better as well. Having role players so that or best offensive players don't have to play PK as much is great. That way they'll get more ice time on PP and ES.

I am not a fan of all the picks this draft, but the first couple of rounds is pretty solid in my book.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
From Draft combine:

Danielson was quite great at all jumps:

- Long jump (9th)
- Vertical jump (6th)
- No arm jump (9th)
- Squat jump (4th)

Imo, think this would be an indicator for a great skater/skating power. Only Oliver Moore exists all on those Top10 ranks with him, and he was hyped about the skating,

Also Danielson was on Top10 of:
- Bench press (10th)
- Pullups (8th)

I don't think these last 2 ones will mean much at this point of prospect's hockey careers.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013

He does it all for his team which granted his team sucks and he's real good but if there's a PP, PK, ozone draw, dzone draw its Danielson. Really like this this pick a lot.

Also plays a LOT of point (or 2nd position in the umbrella,) on the PP since his team doesnt really have any skilled Dmen

Reactions: ZDH and Henkka

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Hear me out real quick:

Danielson makes the team out of camp
I think that is going to be really tough this year barring lots of injuries. We finally have center depth. But I do look forward to seeing who he plays with in the preseason and whether he can be dangerous in the offensive zone.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not even close. Berggren isn't even guaranteed a spot right now and he is ahead of Danielson as far as NHL ready goes.
While that's probably true it's not necessarily true. Danielson is bigger and has NHL mobility. I think Berggren is a good prospect but I guess I don't see what everyone else sees in him. I see his peak as a 50-55 point NHL player, which is awesome but I think people talk about him as a 70-80 point player, idk.
I doubt he makes the team but Danielson has some NHL attributes already.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Truly, how could you be against acquiring a 24 year old center who just put up 102 points and placed 7th in Selke voting? You have to give to get.

Well for one, Vancouver wouldn't trade him for both, let alone one of them.
Two, Pettersson isn't a 100 point player in Detroit. He's closer to Dylan Larkin on the Red Wings, not being able to feast on weak pacific teams as often.
Three, I think he's got a stupid face. I think this is the most important thing to consider.
Four, consider our future cap structure.

• Haha
Reactions: heyfolks

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If the dream of trading for Petterson were to ever become real, try and deal Kasper first, not Nate.

Nate's right handedness makes him more valuable to our needs over Marco.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Well for one, Vancouver wouldn't trade him for both, let alone one of them.
Two, Pettersson isn't a 100 point player in Detroit. He's closer to Dylan Larkin on the Red Wings, not being able to feast on weak pacific teams as often.
Three, I think he's got a stupid face. I think this is the most important thing to consider.
Four, consider our future cap structure.
1. Doubtful. I've been beating this drum for a while but star players almost never garner the return that people expect them to.

2. Do you think Larkin's a 100-point player in Vancouver?

3. Fine

4. So what? Get elite players and worry about the cap later.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Danielson or Kasper to Vancouver in a package for Pettersson (R5).

Seems the very opposite of what Yzerman would do. I could definitely see him trading for Pettersson with a relatively market friendly extension in place, then maybe one of those guys gets moved but more than likely it's someone from the overload of D prospects or future picks. His most recent interview.. and I'm paraphrasing, he said the only time you come out of a rebuild too soon is when you move your young players and assets before you even start making the playoffs consistently. Then when things go wrong, you have nothing to fall back on. He is here for the long run, not for a quick fix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad