PGT: 9/25 Europe vs Sweden - Europe stuns Sweden in OT and advances to final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Mar 11, 2013
QC
Embarrassing Tournament by the Swedes, Russia and especially the USA.

Doesn't appear that Canada will be in danger of being overtaken anytime soon.
Embarrassing? Seems like you're judging these teams by Canada's standards, while they none of them have half the lineup that Canada does. And it's not like anyone outside of North America cares about this tournament anyway.

JayGould

Sep 17, 2016
i don't watch this tourney, but lol. swedes should be ashamed. that's plain pathetic to lose to a frankenstein team.

And yet Russia lost to Sweden. Who is really pathetic?

Hank was the reason Sweden lost today. He let in 3 goals that a normal goalie wouldn't have let it.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Does not feel real. We lost to a team that should not exist. In a normal World-Cup with no made up teams, we would had reach final.

And this team eu is very boring to watch, the finals will be a sleeping pill.

Or you would have lost against Slovakia like you did in Vancouver. LoL

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Well Hedman is supposed to be one of the best defenders in the world.

And Hank is supposed to be one of the best goaltenders. Hedman had a rough-ish game, but not a brutal one.

Hank looked like a goalie from the Q back there.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
[[/I][/I][/I]
Will all the Swedish, Russian, Finland, and Czech fans now cheer for their continent? A shame that we will not see a Swedish-Canada final.

:) I didnt think about it. I just like performance of slovak guys in that team so I wish them to win it, also quite like how Europe plays. I probably wont watch it anyway, terrible timing. I set up buzz twice for czech team and never woke up :)))

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
I like Karlsson and Lundquist. And I don't think I've said a negative thing about Karlsson in this thread.

Hank had a brutal game. Forget that he "led them" here, when they were in the game he completely **** the bed. Three gimme stops and he couldn't make them. That's not being overly critical - that's watching a game and calling it fair.

You haven't said anything bad about Karlsson no, but you seem to have think that Stralman was played an appropriate amount - taking icetime away from Karlsson - which is not something I agree with even a little bit.

Stralman shouldn't have been given a minute of icetime this game. He is not in the same universe as Karlsson as a defenseman, and we didn't need him to play hockey while Karlsson was only played 21 minutes.

And you have also said that Hedman was not at fault for the goal against which makes no sense: he left his guy wide open in front of the net and was doing God-knows-what instead. He was patently out of position.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Lundqvist is better when he faces constant pressure. Europe mostly generated slump chances and breakaways, doesn't suit him unfortunently.

When was the last time Lundy won a big game, for people who whine about Luongo choking, Lundy is maybe twitch as good as Luongo is when it comes to choking.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
How ironic, Team Europe has actually gotten Europes fans fighting against each other here.

Team Canada could not have pulled that off.

Fantastic.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I never thought best on best hockey tournament could interest me this little. Nice to see Europe in the finals though.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Congrats to team Europe, I pretty much knew that this would happen with the way Sweden played where they couldn’t generate anything and also in the 1st when Lundqvist was rolling around after every save that it felt as if it would be something like that where he was off when the puck would go in.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Embarrassing? Seems like you're judging these teams by Canada's standards, while they none of them have half the lineup that Canada does. And it's not like anyone outside of North America cares about this tournament anyway.

Sweden did not perform anywhere near the realms of their abilites though, embarrassing is definitely warranted. Defense often failed (strangely enough often Hedman+Strålman), no forward was able to hit or sjoot the puck, worst coaching in recent memory and so on.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Man, it's really a shame this game is so far removed from the Halak trade (the original one, where they shipped him from Montreal). For some reason, that was maybe the biggest collective freak out I've seen the HFboards have. The drama and the bickering was unreal. Imagine if we had this Halak vs Price showdown back then.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
How is the NHL even going to sell this final?, most people in america, russia, sweden, w/e are basically asking, wtf is team europe, and how are they in the final.

I agree with people on here, them being in the tourney is bad enough, even tho they have been good, and have deserved it, them being in the final is a huge embarrassment to this tourney, and they absolutely need to go to the Olympics in 2018.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Now to make it a REAL Team Europe, they should bring on Ovechkin, Malkin, Bäckström, Hedman, Karlsson, Barkov etc. on the rooster for the games against Canada, should make for some fun hockey

New World Cup format: you can harvest players from every team you beat

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Surprising result, did not see it coming.

Why couldn't Lundqvist play like this against Finland...hrmpf!

Sweden seems to be very hit and miss in best-on-best tournaments during the past 20 years or so.

They bombed in Nagano
They bombed in Salt Lake
They bombed at the 2004 World cup
They bombed in Vancouver
And now they bomb in Toronto.

When they don't bomb they are in the final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad