PGT: 9/25 Europe vs Sweden - Europe stuns Sweden in OT and advances to final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Putting together czechoslovak team again does not make any sense. But true is that we desperately missing such class players like Hossa, Chara, Halak. Only their experiences and calmness would be such boost for us. Other way around Slovakia needs that 15 hard working czechs around their top 5 guys....

SorryForMyEnglish*

Team Europe got a Canadian coach. This is why they played very well at this tournament. Even team World will not beat team Canada. So, will team Europe beat team Canada in the final? No way!!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Nice to see ralph krueger coach so well, just proving once again that it was not his fault.

niljano

May 11, 2011
How is this a goal?

Tatar pushed Lundqvist's pad away with his stick, redirected the skate which looks like a kick.

Look what tatar do the moment before, before he end up in the goal situation.
He grabbing one of the swedish player stick. That should be an penalty, and he cheated himself a goal.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I bet nobody among those who created this tournament would have thought that a) the USA would have been eliminated before the direct elimination stage and b) team Europe a.k.a. the best of the undesirables would have made the finals.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
A lot of ideas here of course but it was kicked in. Nhl getting its cinderlla story.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Putting together czechoslovak team again does not make any sense. But true is that we desperately missing such class players like Hossa, Chara, Halak. Only their experiences and calmness would be such boost for us. Other way around Slovakia needs that 15 hard working czechs around their top 5 guys....

We don't need you, we have Europe! Hah!
But yea, a Czechoslovak team would be definitely strong.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
How is this a goal?

Tatar pushed Lundqvist's pad away with his stick, redirected the skate which looks like a kick.

As for pushing the pad, he was going for the puck, fair game. As for kicking the puck, it must be a deliberate kicking motion towards the net to nullify the goal.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Kinda expected Europe to win in overtime as a swede. Sweden had everything to lose, and Europe had nothing to lose. Also felt like Sweden made more mistakes with the puck than Europe. Think the final will be pretty boring honestly, can't see anything else than Canada winning it. Not sure if Sweden would have had a chance regardless, but surely a better chance than Europe if Sweden would have been able to bring their A-game.

GWG controversial for sure though, no matter your opinion about it. You can claim that he was trying to pass it to his stick with his skate, but he also clearly angles his skate towards the goal. No kicking motion though, but if they would've called it off, i can't see how it would've been the wrong call.

Also embarassing seeing all you people talking about which players were good (your NHL team's players) and the players that were bad (not your NHL team's players).

Speaking of Lundqvist, i don't think he was good today. Looking back at the game, it's easy to say that Markstrom should have been in instead, but after Lundqvist's previous 2 games, it would have been complete madness to play him over Lundqvist.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
How is this a goal?

It was a good goal. Our first goal, Hörnqvist pushed Halak legs hard with the stick, and it wasn't an issue. I checked the overhead slowmotion camera shot and Tatar didn't change his feet until after the puck was hit.

If anything, the situation before perhaps should have been a penalty, when Tatar grabbed Forsbergs stick.

bDtKarlsson

Feb 21, 2014
Sucks that there is no bronze game. Would take that over best of 3 final. Swe-Rus could have been a nice finish to this tournament and a last chance for our guys to show what they can do.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
People forget that Sweden beat Russia and Finland.

Ot loses against Europe and North America.

Sweden did not have a bad tournament.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Hilarious that the same people who said Team Europe is trash are now saying what a joke this tournament is because they are in the Finals.

You can't write this stuff up. :laugh:

Suck it up that your choked. Team Europe is still full of good players and deserve to be where they are.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
You can see the kicking motion from the roof cam. Bye bye Sweden. Bye bye world crap of hockey. A final that dienst feel or matter. Omly canadians will watch it. LOL. Too bad. This tourney will not come back

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
People forget that Sweden beat Russia and Finland.

Ot loses against Europe and North America.

Sweden did not have a bad tournament.

Eh - I was rooting for them pretty hard. They were kind of disappointing. I don't think you can look at anyone on the roster and say they performed to expectations.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Not that I really care, but looking at that replay, it certainly looks like a kicking motion to me.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I bet nobody among those who created this tournament would have thought that a) the USA would have been eliminated before the direct elimination stage and b) team Europe a.k.a. the best of the undesirables would have made the finals.

Gotta give it to Krueger to use the undesirables , everybody thinks we're a joke to motivate players. Last but not least after the first two games the coaching staff changed up the lines and pairs to put players from the same country or that speak the same / similar languages naturally or at the very least have some past experiences together .

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
How is this a goal?

This look questionble, but then again, i don't really care. Would be fun to play the final but they need to sell this format better for me to buy in to it. :laugh:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sweden had a hard time pushing the pace this tournament. They seemed confident in their ability get the first goal and sit on it. Works every time except when it doesn't.

There is a lack of game breaking forwards as well, so they had to rely on the cycle offensively. Hard to get easy goals that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad