PGT: 9/25 Europe vs Sweden - Europe stuns Sweden in OT and advances to final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
I dont care much bout this tourney. It doesnt feel bad if my tesm lose, only good if my team win. Its not like OG and The real WC. This is a side dish but i know the players are caring about win everything they play.

May 22, 2016
Finland
Surprising result, did not see it coming.

Why couldn't Lundqvist play like this against Finland...hrmpf!

Sweden seems to be very hit and miss in best-on-best tournaments during the past 20 years or so.

They bombed in Nagano
They bombed in Salt Lake
They bombed at the 2004 World cup
They bombed in Vancouver
And now they bomb in Toronto.

When they don't bomb they are in the final.
And then they had to win in Torino...

Gotta hand them that.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
How is the NHL even going to sell this final?, most people in america, russia, sweden, w/e are basically asking, wtf is team europe, and how are they in the final.

I agree with people on here, them being in the tourney is bad enough, even tho they have been good, and have deserved it, them being in the final is a huge embarrassment to this tourney, and they absolutely need to go to the Olympics in 2018.

Swedes know the team somewhat good from what I've heard. But the final will be in the middle of the night in europe, so I doubt many swedes/finns/average europeans will watch it

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Now if Europe throughout the tournament talked about bonds with the other nations, went out for drinks, posted on social media working up this whole idea of "togetherness?".

Maybe just Maybe they could have gotten a few more eyeballs towards them. I dono try to win the fans outside the ice. Stupid idea lol

Comrades!

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
How is this a goal?

Tatar pushed Lundqvist's pad away with his stick, redirected the skate which looks like a kick.

bDtKarlsson

Feb 21, 2014
I think people are overreacting though. Losing in a semi-final is by no means a fiasco, it's one game and Europe is stacked with good players. I think Sweden should've shown more passion and not let it go to ot but we did at least beat the 2 other national teams we played.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
If they changed the kicking rule lately then this is is a good goal I guess. I am still in the world back then where NHL decided to "specify" the rule based on an important Canucks goal scored by Henrik Sedin much similar to this one.

To push the puck into goal with the skate, so that the puck changes direction might be ok now as that is what happened.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Team Europe

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kucherov
Malkin-Kopitar-Voracek
Tarasenko-H.Sedin-D.Sedin
Panarin-Barkov-Landeskog
Kuznetsov/Forsberg

Karlsson-Hjalmarsson
Hedman-Stralman
OEL-Josi
Ristolainen

Bobrovski/Lundqvist/Halak

VS

Team Canada

Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Couture-Toews-Giroux
Stamkos-Tavares-Duchene
O'Reilly-Getzlaf-Perry
Thornton

Vlasic-Weber
Doughty-Muzzin
Burns-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester

Price/Holtby/Crawford

Let's go.

Corax

May 1, 2007
there you go swedesh fans. when I tried to manage your expectations, I was alone. [MOD].

and look, some even claim this as Slovak success.

Congrats with the tournament, no shame in losing to Team Europe. Any team would have difficulty beating them.

Last edited by a moderator:

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
And Hank is supposed to be one of the best goaltenders. Hedman had a rough-ish game, but not a brutal one.

Hank looked like a goalie from the Q back there.

First goal-Hedman and Stralman lost the battle 1m outside of the net. Pure luck or not if Hank made that save. No way the two of them should lose that battle to 1 guy and let him get it on net from 1m.
2nd goal- Stralman screens the shot for Lundquist instead of going stick on stick. Hank makes the save and drops a pretty scetchy rebound. Hedman and Stralman loses the battle again.
3rd goal- Hedman lost his man and he is all alone with Hank. Zuccarello with a beastly pass, Hank makes the first save and Hedman isnt even back for the rebound.

Sure Lundquist could have been better but Hedman and Stralman lost every battle they could on all 3 goals. They even let Vanek get a breakaway. He is slower than a turtle....

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Kopitar, Gaborik, Hossa, Josi, Tatar, Nielsen, Sekera... underrated team

Also Halak. Has been excellent this tourney. The save today in OT prior to Tatar's goal was super clutch.

I don't think the quality of the players was ever questioned. It was just that no one believed this team would come together and actually be motivated.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Team Europe

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kucherov
Malkin-Kopitar-Voracek
Tarasenko-H.Sedin-D.Sedin
Panarin-Barkov-Landeskog
Kuznetsov/Forsberg

Karlsson-Hjalmarsson
Hedman-Stralman
OEL-Josi
Ristolainen

Bobrovski/Lundqvist/Halak

VS

Team Canada

Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Couture-Toews-Giroux
Stamkos-Tavares-Duchene
O'Reilly-Getzlaf-Perry
Thornton

Vlasic-Weber
Doughty-Muzzin
Burns-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester

Price/Holtby/Crawford

Let's go.

Give me a 7 game summit series for this, and NOW we are talking.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You haven't said anything bad about Karlsson no, but you seem to have think that Stralman was played an appropriate amount - taking icetime away from Karlsson - which is not something I agree with even a little bit.

Stralman shouldn't have been given a minute of icetime this game. He is not in the same universe as Karlsson as a defenseman, and we didn't need him to play hockey while Karlsson was only played 21 minutes.

And you have also said that Hedman was not at fault for the goal against which makes no sense: he left his guy wide open in front of the net and was doing God-knows-what instead. He was patently out of position.

First - I didn't say a thing about Stralman's ice-time either. I'm guessing they played Hedman/Stralman as the top pair and just rolled them out more. Don't think that's wise - Karlsson is dynamic and should have been played more. Hell, I would have loved to see a Hedman/Karlsson pairing. I think it should have been tinkered with, especially after OEL proved to be a dud.

And yeah - Hedman wasn't at fault for the goal. No idea why Hank left his net like that - whole thing doesn't happen if he keeps his crease. But as for Hedman - looks like he got beat on the boards or something. Been looking for a replay of how Tatar got behind him but couldn't find one. Maybe he thought with Hank leaving his net that he needed to stay open to support a breakout. But he is at most the secondary cause of that goal - primary being Hank playing like Anders Lindback.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Sweden got away with a lot in that game so I don't feel bad that they were eliminated by a goal that MIGHT'VE been kicked in.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
How is this a goal?

Tatar pushed Lundqvist's pad away with his stick, redirected the skate which looks like a kick.

That camera angle is very "cherry picky". Show all the other angles too.

Also, it's a goal. Get over it. I thought the Swedes got lucky with a bunch of no calls, what do u gonna do. The refs call what the refs call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad