PGT: 9/25 Europe vs Sweden - Europe stuns Sweden in OT and advances to final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
You can see the kicking motion from the roof cam. Bye bye Sweden. Bye bye world crap of hockey. A final that dienst feel or matter. Omly canadians will watch it. LOL. Too bad. This tourney will not come back

No. If you check the slowmotion overhead shot, Tatar doesn't change the angle of his foot until it already hit the puck.

Oh, and bye bye. I will watch the finals, because I like hockey.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
People forget that Sweden beat Russia and Finland.

Ot loses against Europe and North America.

Sweden did not have a bad tournament.

I agree. We won against the other "real" competition. We won't be seeing team NA or Team Europe in the Olympics, so no need to lose any sleep over it.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
I think there's a clear kicking motion as well. But who cares. Sweden played like ****.

Maybe kicking, definitely penalty before the goal itself. But yea, we got away with a few calls and played a horrible gsme of hockey so I think Grönborg eanred this.
Lets just hope we learned something from this and can use it 2018

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
As for the goal at hand, I - as is probably clear by my comment - was cheering hard for Sweden here, but that goal definitely should count.

You can't look at a replay that is in super-slow motion and try to glean whether or not it was a distinct kicking motion or not in a case like this. Definitely a goal without a doubt from my perspective.

Plus, the refs made SO many calls (and non-calls) that favoured the Swedes over the Rest of Europe; Sweden's lack of offensive talent and horrible, HORRIBLE coaching is what lost them the game.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Look what tatar do the moment before, before he end up in the goal situation.
He grabbing one of the swedish player stick. That should be an penalty, and he cheated himself a goal.

That non-call is non-reviewable, besides refs missed even more flagrant fouls by Swedes

As for the goal? It was a good goal, first because he didn't purposely direct it in with his skate...and secondly, because on ice officials ruled it a goal and the evidence to overrule them MUST be conclusive...

Right call was made sans doubt...

Sweden LOST Endofstory

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Sweden had a hard time pushing the pace this tournament. They seemed confident in their ability get the first goal and sit on it. Works every time except when it doesn't.

There is a lack of game breaking forwards as well, so they had to rely on the cycle offensively. Hard to get easy goals that way.

The times Sweden looked good is when the Dmen pushed the pace. But they didn't do that very often.

Activate those super skilled Dmen. But that didn't really happen, and the forwards didn't cover for when they did which led to some odd man situations. I get the difficulty - that type of awareness comes from familiarity and most players don't play with each other often, but the system just didn't seem to benefit their strengths.

EMeduza

Sep 19, 2016
I think it's great that we lost. Now i don't have to watch another 2-3 gimmick games in the middle of the night.

sda

Feb 18, 2008
You can see the kicking motion from the roof cam. Bye bye Sweden. Bye bye world crap of hockey. A final that dienst feel or matter. Omly canadiawhy woulns will watch it. LOL. Too bad. This tourney will not come back

Why wouldn't this tournament come back. we got to watch some amazing hockey that was far above any world championship

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
this tournament is a such a joke
can we start the NHL pre-season and forget about this garbage

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Of course the World Cup is a joke tournament.

What do people expect, it's played in mid September and all the players are in preseason form, nobody's power play works etc. and you constantly wonder how teams stacked with so much talent can look so bad. No one is at their best this early in the season.

Canada is the exception here, since it's played in Toronto and they have to perform, the second best team was easily team NA, that's because they're too young to know any better.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Of course the World Cup is a joke tournament.

What do people expect, it's played in mid September and all the players are in preseason form, nobody's power play works etc. and you constantly wonder how teams stacked with so much talent can look so bad. No one is at their best this early in the season.

Canada is the exception here, since it's played in Toronto and they have to perform, the second best team was easily team NA, that's because they're too young to know any better.

Team NA also played a really simple style that benefited the type of players they were. Just skate hard, use your skill, and finish. Canada is kind of similar - just play sound, capitalize on mistakes, and let our clear advantage in talent win out. So it's easy to plug and play in those type of teams because you don't have to spend as much time thinking "where am I supposed to be?"

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Sekera-Josi
Chara-Streit
Seidenberg-Ehrhoff

Hedman-Stralman
Karlsson-Ekholm
OEL-Hjalmarsson

What an unreal job by those defensemen on team europe. Shouldnt be possible....

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
You can see the kicking motion from the roof cam. Bye bye Sweden. Bye bye world crap of hockey. A final that dienst feel or matter. Omly canadians will watch it. LOL. Too bad. This tourney will not come back

So in other words you're not overly happy right? :laugh:

bDtKarlsson

Feb 21, 2014
If Europe beats Canada in 2 straight games, which actors do you want to play Halak, Chara etc in the hollywood movie? I could totally see Elijah Wood as Zucarello!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad