PGT: 9/18/16 North America vs Finland - North America 4 Finland 1 F

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
He played well, knows how to get to the open ice for the passes to open up and is good at controlling the puck along the boards. Definitely deserved it. McDavid had a very strong showing tonight too. I think both those guys love having the puck on their stick and as such Scheifele was feeding them all night and then heading to the scoring area in case a pass opened up or cycling in to support the puck carrier. The three of them work very well together.

Scheif opens up a ton of space for them out there and he's definitely got the talent to make you pay if you leave him open.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Big fan of Parayko and Trochek as far as guys who fly under the radar go. Would like to see Trouba in for Ghost, I think his skill set is more required and Ghost seems to get caught out of position more than the other D-men.

It seemed like they pumped Parayko's tires all game on ESPN. Maybe he's flying under the radar on Canadian broadcasts but not in the US. (Makes sense that US broadcasts would pump US players, esp those on US teams, Canadian broadcasts would pump Canadian players or those on Canadian teams, Finnish broadcasts would pump Finnish players, etc.)

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
This was the Finnish highlight of the night. I expected Komarov or a vet to step up with a hit. But good of Laine to do this. Got to give the kid credit.

I think Uncle Leo got his arm up in Scheifele's face there in the neutral zone on one of those "reverse hits". Seemed to catch him off guard... and light a fire under his ass heheh

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Ghost was bit of a train wreck defensively, but that might be because other D were quite solid. I think they match up Couturier against Malkin and Ekblad against Ovechkin tomorrow.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
No I've spent a total of about five minutes posting about the biggest farce in international hockey history.

A possible Canada vs North America final? Absolutely hilarious. How do any of you keep a straight face?

Ok that's great. Stop paying attention and look forward to the start of the NHL season.

The rest of us will be watching this tournament.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
No I've spent a total of about five minutes posting about the biggest farce in international hockey history.

A possible Canada vs North America final? Absolutely hilarious. How do any of you keep a straight face?

Oh no! The integrity of my commodified children's game. What has entertainment come to?

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
It seemed like they pumped Parayko's tires all game on ESPN. Maybe he's flying under the radar on Canadian broadcasts but not in the US. (Makes sense that US broadcasts would pump US players, esp those on US teams, Canadian broadcasts would pump Canadian players or those on Canadian teams, Finnish broadcasts would pump Finnish players, etc.)

Parayko went to college in Alaska but he is Canadian

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Maybe this is beating a dead horse but Mcdavid's acceleration is next level.

Scheif and Matthews were both great.

Reilly - Ekblad is a legit NHL #1 pairing

I feel it's NA and Canada clearly at the top right now...

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Matthews was very impressive again, but both wingers were complementary to McDavid. He was unreal.

Matthews and Scheifele were both impressive, I think McDavid has his linemates.

Eichel was also very good tonight. Infact Mackinnon and Drouin were very good also. Just go right down the line up. Not one weak link. Just one night though. The road will be a lot tougher when they play a team like Canada.

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
I actually think that the tournament organizers accidentally made Team North America way too good.

It's going to be hilarious watching Bettman proclaim them the greatest hockey nation in the world.

"NA players born after Oct 1 1992...you own hockey"

Pathetic.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Parayko went to college in Alaska but he is Canadian

Thanks. I just assumed that he was American bc he went to college in Alaska. Still was pumped a lot on ESPN, probably bc he plays for St. Louis. He's good but so were most of the players on Team NA.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
This was the Finnish highlight of the night. I expected Komarov or a vet to step up with a hit. But good of Laine to do this. Got to give the kid credit. It was a good clean hard hit, and Larkin was ok so all is well. That's hockey.

Komarov's hit on Ekblad was the Finnish highlight of the night.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1818471&page=37

That's the page where they released the last players on the roster and people learned that Matthews made the team.

Even the sportsnet cast were saying he was there not entirely because he deserves to be.

Ah don't sweat that **** so much. The players job is to take that kind of criticism and prove everyone wrong and Matthews is proving he deserves a spot on this team with his play so far.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ghost was bit of a train wreck defensively, but that might be because other D were quite solid. I think they match up Couturier against Malkin and Ekblad against Ovechkin tomorrow.

Agree. Ghost was easily the weakest NA D.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's going to be hilarious watching Bettman proclaim them the greatest hockey nation in the world.

"NA players born after Oct 1 1992...you own hockey"

Pathetic.

Going to be fun in 4 years if Team NA now wins the championship and Canada and USA face each other in finals. "And the defending champions, uhh..."

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Ah don't sweat that **** so much. The players job is to take that kind of criticism and prove everyone wrong and Matthews is proving he deserves a spot on this team with his play so far.

Yeah it's really easy to not take those instant responses seriously but was just providing some evidence to the "Matthews doesn't deserve to be here" thing.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

After a summer of no hockey, I'm more interested in the high-end entertainment than moralizing over the importance of proper structure in international competitions. They could have called it the Great Cup of Gudas Loafers and named the teams after Snow White's dwarves, I'd probably still check in to see some good hockey.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Seth Jones was so damn good tonight. He's such a beast and only gonna get better. Shame during the season that Torts is gonna try and ruin him

Kratti

Mar 16, 2006
0-3 with 0-10 goal differential incoming.

Probably. Although it's likely there's nothing left to play for in the FIN-RUS game for either team, hard to say what'll happen in that game if that's indeed the case

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad