Post-Game Talk: #79: Flyers at Red Wings, Wednesday, April 6, 2016

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
This schedule is pretty brutal and unfair to be honest as well. Why didn't we play Pittsburgh one damn time in fhe first portion of the season while they happened to be sucking?
Can't blame the league for their reasoning on that one. We were supposed to be mentally sodomizing them like usual, and doing so in the more important end-of-season games. Which would have been entertaining for all.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, I'm in doom and gloom as well. This team went into a cold snap fast and hard. Kuiper Belt Objects are hotter than this bunch of obese hobos.

Ghost was such a huge part of our great stretch..well the points have started to dried up for him and suddenly we look like **** again.

I really dont like his chemistry with MacDonald.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I prefer the rage. Neilson throwing sticks. There has been a lot of BS league wide and coaches have been pretty calm about it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ghost was such a huge part of our great stretch..well the points have started to dried up for him and suddenly we look like **** again.

I really dont like his chemistry with MacDonald.

MacDonald could barely make any form of pass or shot tonight. Total detriment out there.

There was one point where Ghost was next to him, he could've slid it over to the superior breakout man. Instead he made the selfish play and eye****ed a forward, waited, then threw an off-target pass that was picked off.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
If Provorov isn't called up to start next season, I'm not even watching them until they do. #strikeforprospects #new4thline

But seriously I just want send Mase some flowers and chocolates because I feel so bad.
Mason deserves some praise for his game tonight, but I don't feel bad for him tbh. There have been games this season we pretty much lost because of him, so it all evens up in the end.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The good news is that with Boston playing at 12:30 on Saturday the Pens can end our season that day if the Bruins win tomorrow and Saturday and Flyers lose tomorrow.

Oh did I say good news?

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
This team needs to play the next 3 games fast and loose and like they've got nothing to lose. I feel like this is how they've played over the last few weeks and that's the reason for their success.

Also, they really don't have anything to lose.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
We still have the playoff spot. We have games in hand on det and Boston who play eachother tomorrow. We are still in good shape. We technically don't have to win another game and we could get in.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Well, this team was not expected to make playoffs, so they have been playing with house money for a while.
Unfortunately, house always win at the end.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
We still have the playoff spot. We have games in hand on det and Boston who play eachother tomorrow. We are still in good shape. We technically don't have to win another game and we could get in.

Only if they get to OT in a game. Detroit and Boston have the ROW edge on us which is the first tiebreaker.

But let's just win the next game and then we could talk about the weekend.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
That's why I'm still not opposed to moving him in the right deal. Even offensively he can be frustrating when he over handles the puck trying to be Wayne Gretzky.

I'm not opposed to moving him eventually because he probably has way more value than he should league-wide and because a player like him falls off really rapidly eventually. Once his offense dries up at all he quite literally doesn't bring anything to the table thereafter. At the moment though, he not only fills a niche role nobody else on the team does or can, but we also have a severe lack of scoring depth.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Not gonna be popular in here but Giroux deserves some critisicm as well, even though he isn't a main issue.

Dude has not been able to kick the door down and control a big, game since GM 6 of the 2011 playoffs against Pitt where he leveled Crosby and scored in one shift.

You get paid like a big boy and get the big fancy C you should be noticeable every night despite extra mins and playing against star opposition.

He simply hasnt.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
MacDonald could barely make any form of pass or shot tonight. Total detriment out there.

There was one point where Ghost was next to him, he could've slid it over to the superior breakout man. Instead he made the selfish play and eye****ed a forward, waited, then threw an off-target pass that was picked off.

We have too many players that simply are not making good plays with the puck on a consistent basis..Jake, MacDonald, Streit especially. Their sticks are where plays go to die.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
The guy has done an admirable job; he's not Wayne Gretzky.

For a player picked 22 overall and leads the NHL in points since 2010; you need to find criticism elsewhere.

Not gonna be popular in here but Giroux deserves some critisicm as well, even though he isn't a main issue.

Dude has not been able to kick the door down and control a big, game since GM 6 of the 2011 playoffs against Pitt where he leveled Crosby and scored in one shift.

You get paid like a big boy and get the big fancy C you should be noticeable every night despite extra mins and playing against star opposition.

He simply hasnt.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

He simply hasnt.

That was 2012.

Also, he was probably their best forward tonight but he cant do it alone..nobody can.

When the team has more depth at forward and a better defense to support him, he will be more effective.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska

He simply hasnt.

I disagree with this. G has been the Flyer'so strongest player in the last two losses. Schenn and Simmonds have been less than stellar at ES.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
not gonna be popular in here but giroux deserves some critisicm as well, even though he isn't a main issue.

Dude has not been able to kick the door down and control a big, game since gm 6 of the 2011 playoffs against pitt where he leveled crosby and scored in one shift.

You get paid like a big boy and get the big fancy c you should be noticeable every night despite extra mins and playing against star opposition.

He simply hasnt.

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

Gonna go back to criticizing Mason next?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad