Post-Game Talk: #79: Flyers at Red Wings, Wednesday, April 6, 2016

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Chris Lee sucks. We better all hope that Voracek's issues this season are just due to having a fringe roster around him and injury issues, otherwise his new contract could end up pretty scary. Regardless of how the rest of this season goes, they should look to move Streit for whatever return they can in the off-season I think. Between their performance against Pittsburgh and tonight as well as how hard they've been riding Mason, if they even did make the playoffs I'm not sure they'd have any gas left in the tank to actually put up a decent first round fight.

That all sounded negative, but I have literally nothing I'm upset about with this season, speaking in overall terms. Can't remember the last time I thought that, maybe never. Just hoping Voracek reverts to form sooner than later and that they do anything but lose in the first round because they've got nothing left in them after this marathon of an ending to the season.

Also, change the PP for god's sakes. Even if it's just to try something new and creative. So predictable right now and pretty bad with the regression of both Voracek and Streit.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Leafs will tank hard Tomm , will be one of the biggest losses in franchise history if they lose Tomm.

If Laughton isn't back in Tomm after 2 whoopings, he's never coming back.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Voracek needs to get his **** together. Might be a good trade piece next year if he doesn't get better conditioning. Hopefully it's just injuries.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They look like they're on the tail end of three games in a row.

MacDonald had only one good play with the puck that I saw in two periods. One. Every single ****ing shot was blocked or a miss, every pass off target or to a Wing.

Thanks Mason. You're a tank. Stay healthy please.

Howard was tested on a weak shot by Read and a slapper by Couturier, and that's it. Giroux's slapshot was chestsniped so severely that Howard would've needed to go full Carolina MFL with his positioning for it to go in.

Streit wound up on, what, two shots tonight? That's the most in a game in ages, and he waited until the end of the game was in sight. I've been paying more and more attention to his shooting, and at the point he has been turning down shots. He's had open lanes, and at most he's faked the slapper to pass. No way that guy's pelvis is fine.

Voracek has ascended to Jabba the Hutt levels of Fat Slobbiness, and is approaching Coach Berube levels.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
What are the bounces we talking about, First goal maybe ?

We need a Wings regulation win real Bad tomm

First and third goal, crossbar shot from Jake, Howard having no clue where the puck ever is only having it barely clip his equipment after he doesn't react what so ever

They deserved to lose obviously but flyers couldn't get a single bounce

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Laughton should be in tomorrow. If anything just for a spark. The offense has been one shot and done for the last 3 or 4 games.

Krazed Flyer

Who are we?
Sep 22, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
They played pretty ****ing badly. Until the start of the 3rd. Yea there were bad bounces and **** officiating, but that serious lack of effort by everyone who isn't Mason is killing us. He tries so damn hard and no one can ****ing finish consistently. We need more line shuffling to find some better pairs and lines and more aggressive play like we saw in the end of the 3rd. Smother the guy with the puck and keep pushing the net. We also need speed, that's been killing us recently.

Ugh I'm so frustrated

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Don't deserve to make playoffs with way they played against Pitt and today.

This actually made me feel better..

This level of play and this nonresponsive coaching doesnt deserve a playoff berth so why should we get mad if they miss?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Voracek needs to get his **** together. Might be a good trade piece next year if he doesn't get better conditioning. Hopefully it's just injuries.

I think it's his injury. He was actually in form and producing properly before it happened and has been a human Superfund site since returning. Worse than he was to start the year.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
My confidence level in them going 2-0-1 in these next three games is at 1 out 10.

I don't care really care if they miss the playoffs at this point though. It is what it is if that's how it shakes out.
Boston has only 2 games left though. If they lose in regulation tomorrow, 1 win and 1 point against Pittsburgh/New York will be enough.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Laughton should be in tomorrow. If anything just for a spark. The offense has been one shot and done for the last 3 or 4 games.

While I can't recall the specific plays, Gagner made me utter "What the ****, Gagner?" 3 times tonight.

At this point that should earn him a higher view of the games.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Doom and gloom is pretty unreal tbh. It was a crappy loss but Flyers still have a good shot at the playoffs.

I would still rather be in the Flyers shoes than Bostons!

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
My confidence level in them going 2-0-1 in these next three games is at 1 out 10.
Only need 3 pts if Boston gets tooled up by the RW

Still want the playoffs. Those few days after the end of the regular season and the series' are all 0-0 always feel like Christmas regardless of any chances of success.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I want them to make it, but honestly, making it would only extend their season by about 10 days. The roster is still half garbage. I just view making the playoffs as a building block for the franchise overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad