Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
1/3 of Rossi’s total points came against the 3 worst teams in the league. 37 points in 11 games.

He is a fantastic offensive guy, a warrior on the ice and fearless, but his numbers are absolutely inflated this year, as someone pointed out in a thread on the main board, by his games against Kingston, Niagara and North Bay all being in the same conference.

83 points in the other 45 games is still fantastic, but is in line with guys like Perfetti rather than being heads and tails above others.

Yes, I know eliminating games against teams isn’t an exact science, nor should it be used to discredit a season like Rossi had which was absolutely incredible, but it is certainly worth looking at in the least.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Honestly starting to feel really comfortable about taking Quinn at #5.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1/3 of Rossi’s total points came against the 3 worst teams in the league. 37 points in 11 games.

He is a fantastic offensive guy, a warrior on the ice and fearless, but his number are absolutely inflated this year, as someone pointed out in a thread on the main board, by his games against Kingston, Niagara and North Bay all in the same conference.

83 points in the other 45 games is still fantastic, but is in line with guys like Perfetti rather than being heads and tails above others.

Yes, I know eliminating games against teams isn’t an exact science, nor should it be used to discredit a season like Rossi had which was absolutely incredible, but it is certainly worth looking at in the least.

He's in among a few players vying for draft position in that 4-8 range and deserves to be there. I think he goes above 8

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

He is a fantastic offensive guy, a warrior on the ice and fearless, but his numbers are absolutely inflated this year, as someone pointed out in a thread on the main board, by his games against Kingston, Niagara and North Bay all being in the same conference.

I think when it comes to Rossi you tend to focus on any stat which downplays his amazing season. Every good player tends to feast on bad teams. It's not even close to being an actual issue.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I think when it comes to Rossi you tend to focus on any stat which downplays his amazing season. Every good player tends to feast on bad teams. It's not even close to being an actual issue.
The true issue is his extremely small stature and non explosive skating ability, combined with his age relative to peers

Reactions: bert

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016

Its not an "issue" just a worthy discussion point when evaluating a player.

Like if two players score 100 points but one has a more points 5v5, more points against better competition, higher points per 60, more primary assists, or is playing on a far worse team - these factors help you evaluate that production.

Putting some context to stats is beneficial. Hes a great player and you're trying to measure him against other great players, these guys are going top 10 for a reason

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
from what I've seen out of Ottawa's drafting, I have a hard time seeing them pick a 5'9 center. Could be completely wrong, but I just dont see it

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Why would I try to downplay anyone’s season? I’m perfectly fine with Rossi being drafted to the Sens, he’s amoung the group of guys I’d be fine with taking at 5.

Every player does, I agree, and as I said his season was still outstanding.

It’s certainly worth noting that Rossi’s stats against the best and worst teams are the biggest discrepancy, by a gigantic margin, of all draftees. Perfetti and Byfield also torched them, but it was for 13 and 15 points.

They put up about the same numbers against the rest of the league, with Rossi’s still being the best.

Last edited:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I'm not fine with Rossi at 5 but at least we have #3 as well. Imagine if we didn't? Walking away with just rossi after a terrible season would have been devastating

Reactions: bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Where there’s smoke there’s fire. Detroit is taking Perfetti IMO
Not if we take Sanderson at 3rd...

But yeah, I think Perfetti makes a lot of sense for Detroit. I personally like Raymond and Drysdale better, but there are no bad choices out of the group in contention for 4th OA.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There isn't one BPA among any of those 4-7
I dissagree and I am sure the sens do. The concensus does as well. You like Rossi alot, which is understandable there is alot to like from a statistical perspective.

We know size is the one "flaw" most scouts focus on so yes, we do know he'd be ranked higher on many lists if he was taller.
Or if he was more of a play driver from a visual stand point. Which I am sure he would be if he was bigger. However I dont see the point as were discussing fiction.

Not if we take Sanderson at 3rd...

But yeah, I think Perfetti makes a lot of sense for Detroit. I personally like Raymond and Drysdale better, but there are no bad choices out of the group in contention for 4th OA.
The sens are not taking Sanderson 3rd, 5th maybe but id still be suprised.
on McKenzie's list 9/10 scouts had him 5-10 so he is 5 on some lists. Not on others including yours

Can't wait till the Sens take him at 5.
Dont hold your breath.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The true issue is his extremely small stature and non explosive skating ability, combined with his age relative to peers
Let’s try it this way

Raymond struggled n the SEL and we can’t be sure if his body will allow him to put on weight

Perfetti is an average skater, is small, May project as a winger and has had motivation issues.

Drysdale is fairly small and while he is an excellent skater there are questions if his offensive game has NHL upside.

Sanderson is an excellent skater and has size but has shown limited offensive potential.

It’s easy to nitpick about all of the 4-8 players but in reality it’s too much time to analyze. They should have been drafted, finished Dev camp and started getting ready for rookie tournament in a month.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I dissagree and I am sure the sens do. The concensus does as well. You like Rossi alot, which is understandable there is alot to like from a statistical perspective.

Or if he was more of a play driver from a visual stand point. Which I am sure he would be if he was bigger. However I dont see the point as were discussing fiction.

The sens are not taking Sanderson 3rd, 5th maybe but id still be suprised.

Dont hold your breath.
Bert you often speak as if you know the Sens draft list. Can you confirm once and for all, is it your opinion or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad