GDT: #57 Pens vs. Blues| Sat, Feb. 25 3:30 PM EST @ EC| It's a Great Day.....TWSA!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Most of them are just regurgitating media points, Twitter posts, and analytics charts.

Losing Kapanen does damage to this bottom six. We now have literally no offensive talent down there.

Who is thriving here lol?
Well Sid and Geno do fine…I wouldn’t say thrive I guess but lol…everyone would probably do better in another system come to think of it lol

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm not... @AuroraBorealis put up the Points stats, he's like one of our better Points/Even Strength. He just needs a coach with a different systems and he'll be and okay middle six.

Just more shitty asset management from our end.

A few more galaxy brain moves go south like this and we're literally going to be done.

I don't know about you but most of the "Hexy" / Sullivan FA's haven't really been good. 60-70 Junk?

Yeah people saying this is a great move are the same people that are going to be crying about it in 8 months.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't know about you but most of the "Hexy" / Sullivan FA's haven't really been good. 60-70 Junk?

There is a mounting pile of evidence that this team targets via FA or trade are either not a good fit or more often start off great and fade out.

Combination of poor pro scouting, the GM/coach not being on the same page and simply poor use/coaching IMO.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
There is a mounting pile of evidence that this team targets via FA are either not a good fit or more often start off great and fade out.

Combination of poor pro scouting, the GM/coach not being on the same page and simply poor use/coaching IMO.

Yup... and now Hexy/Sully have more Cap space... FML.

If you look into the charts we have 4 other players playing worse than Ryan Reeves... guess what... 4 of them will be dressed tonight. (some blogger post I read has stats on Carter and holy shit... he is really really bad this year.)

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There is a mounting pile of evidence that this team targets via FA or trade are either not a good fit or more often start off great and fade out.

I mean, not to bring up the Caps again, but they pick up Sonny Milano on the waiver wire and he just scored another goal…it requires knowing what kind of talent you have and what your coach does well and somehow we can’t figure this out lol

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

If we put any weight into Hextall's public words then they may be valuing things we don't as well.

He cited left shot/right shots and faceoffs etc when talking about why guys he signed might value beyond what we see.

Personally I think that's a load of shit and Carter's faceoffs or right handedness do not in any way make up for what he does otherwise on the ice :laugh:

That said I think Hextall is just throwing salt in our eyes with those comments and I'm reasonably sure he recognizes that Carter's fows don't make up for his shit play as well

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yup... and now Hexy/Sully have more Cap space... FML.

If you did into the charts we have 4 other players playing worse than Ryan Reeves... guess what... 4 of them will be dressed tonight.
I think the whole reasoning behind Kap being waived (or traded, but Hextall reportedly nixed a deal to an Eastern Conference team) was so that they'd have space to activate Rutta iirc. Sending Kap down was most of it, but they'd have to have sent down DOC or Friedman as well in order to make the numbers work if Kap went unclaimed. Kap got snagged so they have the space to activate Rutta now.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Yeah people saying this is a great move are the same people that are going to be crying about it in 8 months.

It is a great move right now. It doesnt matter about what happens with Kap. They got out of a bad contract for them. Sullivan is the issue but he is king so he wont be fired. Until he is you have to make this move. Kap's rights should have been moved in the summer for like a 6th.

Kap is a better player than he was here but keeping him would not have solved anything.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think the whole reasoning behind Kap being waived (or traded, but Hextall reportedly nixed a deal to an Eastern Conference team) was so that they'd have space to activate Rutta iirc. Sending Kap down was most of it, but they'd have to have sent down DOC or Friedman as well in order to make the numbers work if Kap went unclaimed. Kap got snagged so they have the space to activate Rutta now.
Amazing to think they might not have done this at all if Rutta hadn't forced this circumstance.

Blues literally threw us a life raft with this move. Having to bury Kap in the minors would have been horrific. All for 1 mil or so in cap savings. Awful.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
I mean, not to bring up the Caps again, but they pick up Sonny Milano on the waiver wire and he just scored another goal…it requires knowing what kind of talent you have and what your coach does well and somehow we can’t figure this out lol

Put another way... how bad do you think Sonny Milano would be here.

I mean most of us can see it straight from the go... out bottom 6 seems to be trash every year... we switch them out and most of them go on to have decent Bot 6 careers elsewhere.

It's crazy to look at Hexy/Sullivans junk from 1-2 years ago:

f***ing Sam Lafferty
Freddit Gaudreau
Jared McCann

I'm pretty sure it's not the players at this point....

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad