Prospect Info: #46 Overall, RD Seamus Casey US-NTDP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Casey with some really bad defending on the first Swiss goal unfortunately.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Exactly. I think the Devils will try and take their time with Casey like they did with Nemec. But he may not make it through a full AHL season before proving he belongs.

I think part of it will depend on how well Hughes and Nemec have progressed by the end of the year. On paper, it’s hard to imagine Nemec, Luke, and Casey all on the team at the same time. But they said that about Nemec and he’s out there outplaying most of the other defensemen every night. There will be a spot for Casey if he shows he’s good enough.
I think by the time Casey is here, Nemec is going to be an all situations monster that won’t need any sheltering.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I think by the time Casey is here, Nemec is going to be an all situations monster that won’t need any sheltering.
Yeah that’s what i meant by “on paper,” i even thought about including Bahl in the list of young defensemen but he already feels like a classic third pairing stay at home veteran. Bahl’s got some sneaky skill too, he and Casey could be an extremely valuable third pairing next season.

Reactions: Guadana

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If Casey pushed his way into the lineup, who do you move? Dougie or Marino.
In terms of style of play it would be Dougie.

In terms of contract it would be Marino.

I seriously doubt it happens next year. If we think he's done enough in college, let him play in the AHL for a season and be the depth Nemec was this year(a move that has worked very well as it turns out).

Could he play another year in college, and then we implement that plan 2 years from now? Would be great from a Devils perspective, less so, I would think, from Casey's perspective.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I didn't get to catch today's game but it's been a meh World Juniors so far for our guys. I think Casey will really show his worth come knockout round games.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Exactly. I think the Devils will try and take their time with Casey like they did with Nemec. But he may not make it through a full AHL season before proving he belongs.

I think part of it will depend on how well Hughes and Nemec have progressed by the end of the year. On paper, it’s hard to imagine Nemec, Luke, and Casey all on the team at the same time. But they said that about Nemec and he’s out there outplaying most of the other defensemen every night. There will be a spot for Casey if he shows he’s good enough.
Every player should work harder to deserve the roster spot. Someone will hurt when play on the edge, someone will sit on the bench because of mistake or lack or effort. Devils will have a chance to play Casey. If he isnt ready from the beggining, at least for NHL role - who cares, he is young, go polish his game in AHL and than give him more smooth translation. If he is ready - its another more talented player. Nemec deserved his chance, and when the chance was there, he proved everything. Now he is our ~1 defenseman.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
In terms of style of play it would be Dougie.

In terms of contract it would be Marino.

I seriously doubt it happens next year. If we think he's done enough in college, let him play in the AHL for a season and be the depth Nemec was this year(a move that has worked very well as it turns out).

Could he play another year in college, and then we implement that plan 2 years from now? Would be great from a Devils perspective, less so, I would think, from Casey's perspective.

I doubt it'd be next year too. It'd be '25-'26.

Reactions: devilsblood

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
That was a fun game, good to see Czechia competitive.

I missed the start of the game and had it on the background while I was "working." So I didn't know Casey was out until I looked it up during the second intermission. Kept thinking "I haven't heard his name yet, hopefully he didn't get benched/hurt."

Reminded me of the Arnott/Langenbrunner trade and my knee jerk thought was "Langenbrunner was invisible in the 2000 Finals." And then years later learning that he had gotten hurt in the WCF and missed 5 of the 6 games in the SCF (and barely played in the game he did dress for).

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Didn't get to see the game today but USA destryoed Slovakia 10 to 2. Casey was a +2 with no points and didn't play a ton. USA played with 7 defensmen maybe to protect him a bit if he is still sick. When I see USA score 10 I'm expecting Casey to have some points in the game but it wasn't the case. Hasn't really been a great tournament for him so far but USA is stacked. I have a feeling they will win Gold this year. Let's hope Casey steps up in the knockout games coming up.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Didn't get to see the game today but USA destryoed Slovakia 10 to 2. Casey was a +2 with no points and didn't play a ton. USA played with 7 defensmen maybe to protect him a bit if he is still sick. When I see USA score 10 I'm expecting Casey to have some points in the game but it wasn't the case. Hasn't really been a great tournament for him so far but USA is stacked. I have a feeling they will win Gold this year. Let's hope Casey steps up in the knockout games coming up.
He’s also been sick/injured if I’m not mistaken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad