Prospect Info: #46 Overall, RD Seamus Casey US-NTDP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
One minute, I will call Fitz.
Damn, he isn't answering. I understand that he tired to listen about Russian goalies, but cmon.

I think its a question how next Nemec games will look. Im not so high on AHL, you know it. Shaq and Misyul looks like a top pair defensemen in AHL after being 3/4-6 defensemen in KHL immediately. Im worry that there are not a lot of things Nemec can learn from AHL, and if he will continue to fire the AHL down, I don't see any reason to wait Miller and think about what we have in him. At least give and try Nemec for 2-3 games, waiver isn't the problem.
Nemec looks like a top 4 defenseman in preseason and I don't think that it was an accident. If Nemec will produce in the next two or three games and Miller is still on the hospital bed, I don't wanna wait.

That’s a good point about Mukh and Misyul looking better in the AHL.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
The KHL > AHL. There's no doubt.
That’s a good point about Mukh and Misyul looking better in the AHL.

They are the same players after transition, its just AHL. Holtz was better because he had the summer of development, but its not the jump from third line offensive forward to the first line offensive forward like it was in AHL after SHL in his 19 yo. And he was trash in NHL.
Reason why I mostly prefer to develop most of the euro players in euro leagues. Ofcourse im not saying that Slovakin championship is better than AHL, ofcourse not. And some time in AHL will not hurt. I think its okay place for very talented players in their 18-19 yo, and it can help for good players in 18-21 yo, but when player is good in AHL already and he isn't in NHL, if a team want something from this player, they should give him more time in NHL and live with his mistakes. Loan to the Europe isn't the bad idea, if they can live with it.

I think, Nemec can learn something in AHL now if he will decide by himself to save every moment in the game, to ve focus on the distance, and coaches will give him much more ice time - like 25+ minutes. It could be a good school for him. PP minutes will help too.

Of course for a guy like Casey it could be a good transition from hurting kids feelings to learn how to win puck battles and stop the driving on the net against pro.
AHL could be a much better developing league if administrations would change reglament and CHL talents could play there before 20.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
lol He’s absolutely f***ing everywhere on this goal. Shakes off 2 guys on the wall then throws it on net and gets his own rebound. Gets a shot assist. Picks up that rebound too. Gets another shot assist and then Nazar puts it in on that rebound

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Let’s deal Hatakka. Nhl proven. Could be a fun pair - Zadorov Casey.
Right now he's pacing better than Luke's sophomore season.

Luke's sophomore season 10 goals 38 assist - 48 points in 39 games

Seamus is pacing for 11 goals and 45 assists - 56 point pace in 39 games

Only about 1/3 of the season played so a lot still to go, but still.
pts per game isn’t a deal for Casey anymore.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad