Prospect Info: #46 Overall, RD Seamus Casey US-NTDP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Seamus will close the gap with Nemec by year’s end. And it won’t be because Nemec has a down year.

EBBiUynUYAAT0Sc.jpg

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Why teams cant use 4 D pairs. NHL have cap, rich teams cant buy all of good players anymore, there are no good teams because they are rich. Lets use four complete fives. I want to see how Casey will ruin opposition against weak four lines and Smiths, Butchers with Walshs. It would give more money to more players. And benefit for good scouting teams. It would give more opportunities to young players. Im all in for 22 men roster in NHL.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Why teams cant use 4 D pairs. NHL have cap, rich teams cant buy all of good players anymore, there are no good teams because they are rich. Lets use four complete fives. I want to see how Casey will ruin opposition against weak four lines and Smiths, Butchers with Walshs. It would give more money to more players. And benefit for good scouting teams. It would give more opportunities to young players. Im all in for 22 men roster in NHL.
There wouldn’t be enough ice time to go around. You would have that 4th D pair playing 3 minutes a night. That and half the owners wouldn’t want to pay extra players (bottom line).

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
There wouldn’t be enough ice time to go around. You would have that 4th D pair playing 3 minutes a night. That and half the owners wouldn’t want to pay extra players (bottom line).
or six minutes. Or 8 minutes. It could be extra defensemen or extra forwards. Who you can use in more easy situations, give them more opportunity, if they cant teach something new in AHL or cant play there because they are canadians(another stupid rule). But of course. Paying player 700K under the cap(doesnt change overall amount of money owners should pay to their players) would hurt multi billioners.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I know we are far afield but I could see a team at some point choosing to regularly dress 7 defenseman and then maybe 8 in the future.

Traditionally the forwards use more energy than the defenseman but I think that’s changing currently. If a team really embraces one of their defenseman being a roamer on each pair then going with 7 or 8 may make sense at some point. Then you double shift some forwards or play the defenseman as forwards at times, which these defenseman’s skillset would allow.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I know we are far afield but I could see a team at some point choosing to regularly dress 7 defenseman and then maybe 8 in the future.

Traditionally the forwards use more energy than the defenseman but I think that’s changing currently. If a team really embraces one of their defenseman being a roamer on each pair then going with 7 or 8 may make sense at some point. Then you double shift some forwards or play the defenseman as forwards at times, which these defenseman’s skillset would allow.
I think @Guadana is asking why can't teams dress more players for a game (vs the current 20)? Teams are allowed to carry 23 players. Why can't they all play? Or at least 22 of them? That would allow for 4 forward lines and 4 d pair (20) plus the two goalies.

It's a good question. The number of players allowed to dress has changed over the years, growing from 12 in 1925 to 20 in 1982. It's then been static for the past 40 years. There's not really a reason. Teams are already paying NHL salaries. You could easily keep 20 as the minimum number of players per game, but just allow teams to dress 2 - 3 extra players if they want.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I think @Guadana is asking why can't teams dress more players for a game (vs the current 20)? Teams are allowed to carry 23 players. Why can't they all play? Or at least 22 of them? That would allow for 4 forward lines and 4 d pair (20) plus the two goalies.

It's a good question. The number of players allowed to dress has changed over the years, growing from 12 in 1925 to 20 in 1982. It's then been static for the past 40 years. There's not really a reason. Teams are already paying NHL salaries. You could easily keep 20 as the minimum number of players per game, but just allow teams to dress 2 - 3 extra players if they want.
I agree that was Guadana’s thought and I agree with you on roster size.

Just adding a different 2 cents that I could see more defenseman dressed in regular lineup construction even with this roster size.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Were they playing against a prep school team

The Simon Fraser Red Leafs men's ice hockey team is the college ice hockey team that represents Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, British Columbia. The Red Leafs at the Bill Copeland Arena and is coached by Mark Coletta. The Red Leafs ice hockey team competes in the BCIHL, as well as playing NCAA competition every year. After announcing their intent to explore full-time NCAA Division 1 status in 2016, the SFU Men's hockey program would play NCAA Div.1 games under probationary status for the 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons.
Still just exploring their NCAA D1 status.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
You can’t let a guy as agile as Casey cross the blue line at the 1/3 or 2/3 imaginary mark.

The forwards will let him go as their is a defenders behind him but the defender isn’t sure if they should defend inside or outside and the other defender is too far away to help unless they’re cheating.

You need to have the forward force a guy like Casey wide or inside before he gets to the blue line. Easier said than done.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad