Prospect Info: #46 Overall, RD Seamus Casey US-NTDP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Everything I remember was that scouts said DiPietro was the best puckhandling goalie since Brodeur. It was muddled where DiPietro stood compared to Blackburn/Leclaire, so I don't remember people saying DiPietro was best goalie prospect.

Also Paul Martin's picture from the THN issue is priceless:

View attachment 734624
I didn't need to read it to remember that Martin was described as "willowy" :laugh:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
NCAA had an arbitrary rule in place for players to be drafted and still be "amateurs." Funniest case might have been Rick DiPietro who was supposed to be in the 2001 Draft, but his advisor(s) were worried that he might be the third goalie taken behind Dan Blackburn and Pascal Leclaire. Back in those days there was a rookie salary cap but it wasn't as stringent as it would be post-2005. So there was more financial incentive to go top 5 rather than be in the mid-first round.

DiPietro's people kicked the tires and it seemed like he'd go top 5 if he were to enter 2000 but at the cost of his NCAA eligibility. DiPietro declared so late that he wasn't included among Central Scouting's list of top North American goaltenders. Islanders won the lottery a month later and simultaneously got new owners. One of them in particular seemed to take a ton of pride in taking a goalie first since nobody had done it before. Several years later, he'd be in prison.

Minnesota had DiPietro 3rd on their list but happily took Marian Gaborik who they had #1. Columbus had DiPietro 4th (and they would take Leclaire in the first a year later).

Funny to think if they hadn't won the lottery, they might have been defaulted into keeping Roberto Luongo. Or if DiPietro decided to stay in school, they would have had Gaborik-Jokinen-Luongo instead of Parrish-Kvasha-DiPietro.

View attachment 734596

I recently bought the THN 2000 Draft preview on eBay. I had fond memories of having the cover posted on my dorm room wall. I'm definitely ready to rehash!
Jon Spanos (if my Swiss cheese memory is accurate with his name) should be a hero not a villain. The man almost pulled off the dream almost all of us have to own a sports team and not already be a billionaire. So close. As crimes go he got a raw deal compared to a lot of people.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Jon Spanos (if my Swiss cheese memory is accurate with his name) should be a hero not a villain. The man almost pulled off the dream almost all of us have to own a sports team and not already be a billionaire. So close. As crimes go he got a raw deal compared to a lot of people.

Sadly it wasn't even Spano. Charles Wang and Sanjay Kumar bought the Islanders in 2000. Kumar made the DiPietro announcement.

He got arrested a few years later for accounting fraud.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Everything I remember was that scouts said DiPietro was the best puckhandling goalie since Brodeur. It was muddled where DiPietro stood compared to Blackburn/Leclaire, so I don't remember people saying DiPietro was best goalie prospect.

Also Paul Martin's picture from the THN issue is priceless:

View attachment 734624

“Once the skilled defensemen are snapped up in this year’s draft…”

My3Sons

Sponsor

Sadly it wasn't even Spano. Charles Wang and Sanjay Kumar bought the Islanders in 2000. Kumar made the DiPietro announcement.

He got arrested a few years later for accounting fraud.

My cheesy memory failed me. That’s a whole different thing.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Peanut paste! No sugar, different cooking method, absolutely different influence on health. But don`t use it with problems of liver.

Pecan is the best nut without any competition.

Pecans are a pain in the ass to open (if you get them with the shells on).

I love boiled peanuts. Not very common here; I think it's a southern specialty.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Sunflower seeds are for birds.
Sunflower seeds are an awesome snack. Don’t know if you’ve had cracked pepper sunflower seeds but they’re awesome!
Typical Devs3cups
1691581692369.png
1691581635580.png

Actual photo of Devs3cups

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Cashews walnuts and pecans are the best nuts. Almonds have great flavor but they’re hard as rocks and annoying to eat. Pistachios are also great but too expensive.
I have no issues eating Almonds. You must have soft teeth or something

But you can try raw almonds. Which are supposedly more healthy. At least that is what the gf is always telling me.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Just looking at some old stuff and realized he also wore #43 in his U17 year. If only he then went to #6 his U18 year

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
They’re rather tall trees but if you can get them out you’re welcome to them. They shade my apple pear and peach trees
That’s a great selection of fruit trees. I’m jealous.

Its literally my and my wife's favorite trees. Especially with pecan. Do you livе in Greece on your own island? I can paint your villa/fazenda to make your aristocratic weekday more aristocratic.

Just looking at some old stuff and realized he also wore #43 in his U17 year. If only he then went to #6 his U18 year
What the hell are you talking about? Please get back on topic.
Hisch13r is a typical off topper. Whats the hell is NJDevs26 thinking about?

Reactions: TrufleShufle

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
That’s a great selection of fruit trees. I’m jealous.

Don't be. They've only been in ground 4 years and haven't grown well or done much, mainly due to the canopy, which my wife refuses to let me deal with.

2 x cherry, 4 x apple, 2 x pear, 2 x peach/nectarine, a fig, and a self-pollinating plum. It's frustrating. I had a similar contingent (plus some cider apple and pear trees too) in NJ before I moved, and they were in ground 5-6 years at that point and ready to start popping out fruit. The new owner cut them all down.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Don't be. They've only been in ground 4 years and haven't grown well or done much, mainly due to the canopy, which my wife refuses to let me deal with.

2 x cherry, 4 x apple, 2 x pear, 2 x peach/nectarine, a fig, and a self-pollinating plum. It's frustrating. I had a similar contingent (plus some cider apple and pear trees too) in NJ before I moved, and they were in ground 5-6 years at that point and ready to start popping out fruit. The new owner cut them all down.
I would love a fruit orchard. I have to make do with one small blackberry bush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad