Prospect Info: #46 Overall, RD Seamus Casey US-NTDP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I haven't watched too too much Michigan but every time I watch them Luke obviously does a ton of good but also has his fair share of bad. I swear I literally never see anything bad out of Casey.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I haven't watched too too much Michigan but every time I watch them Luke obviously does a ton of good but also has his fair share of bad. I swear I literally never see anything bad out of Casey.
He does everything well...the slick moves are eye popping but he also does the little things well.

I particularly like his crisp passing

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yea. But with his size and not much improvement over the years his stock fell.

IIRC he wasn't PP1 last year because Hutson was ahead of him. That hurt his production quite a bit. I think he could've been a late first if he had that opportunity. I thought he at worst should've been top 15.

He does everything well...the slick moves are eye popping but he also does the little things well.

I particularly like his crisp passing

He's so good defensively too. The size will present some limitations but I think he's good enough to still be a net positive on the defensive end.

Reactions: JimEIV

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
IIRC he wasn't PP1 last year because Hutson was ahead of him. That hurt his production quite a bit. I think he could've been a late first if he had that opportunity. I thought he at worst should've been top 15.

He's so good defensively too. The size will present some limitations but I think he's good enough to still be a net positive on the defensive end.
I think we have just the D partner to make up for that lack of size

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

Well that's the thing, he WASN'T good defensively before. I was actually surprised when Steven wrote up the scouting report about him and said he was solid defensively.

His defense has improved A LOT.

I didn't pay too much attention to him in his draft year because I honestly didn't think the devils had any shot of getting him. I certainly fell out of my chair when I saw that pick.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Well that's the thing, he WASN'T good defensively before. I was actually surprised when Steven wrote up the scouting report about him and said he was solid defensively.

His defense has improved A LOT.

I didn't pay too much attention to him in his draft year because I honestly didn't think the devils had any shot of getting him. I certainly fell out of my chair when I saw that pick.

I don't remember what was said of him in his D-1. DY though I think there was some mixed views on him. IIRC I felt that he had really strong defensive instincts but somewhat lacked the acceleration he'd need for his size but he was so good otherwise that I'd have bet on him figuring things out. Going into day 2 he was one of my main targets and by the time we got to 46 he was my #1. He reminds me a lot of Fox. Now I obviously am not expecting him to be arguably the best Dman in the world like Fox is but stylistically I see a lot of Fox and think Casey can be really really good.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Great college hockey game for him tonight.

Whether he will be able to do the things he did tonight in the smaller spaces and against the better skaters at the NHL level will be interesting to see.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Okay, I am not saying that Casey is Owen Power. I also know that these are just statistics, but I do want to compare the stats of Power and Casey in their 19 year old seasons at Michigan.

Power: 21-22 Michgan 33-3-29-32 +27 54 sh 0.97 pt/gp 12 pim 0ppg

Casey: 22-23 Michigan 37-8-21-29 +16 102 sh 0.78 pt/gp 9 pim 1ppg

Casey had more goals and nearly double the shots on goal compared to Power.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad