Prospect Info: #46 Overall, RD Seamus Casey US-NTDP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Casey as been great for the Wolverines this season. Similar to the Luke Hughes situation (albeit not the same level of talent), next season will be huge for Casey. With Hughes going pro and two senior defensemen graduating he'll be poised for a bigger role in the lineup. Should play in all scenarios next season and hopefully make a push for the US World Junior team.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Casey as been great for the Wolverines this season. Similar to the Luke Hughes situation (albeit not the same level of talent), next season will be huge for Casey. With Hughes going pro and two senior defensemen graduating he'll be poised for a bigger role in the lineup. Should play in all scenarios next season and hopefully make a push for the US World Junior team.
If he’s not playing top-4 at the WJC I’ll eat my own poo

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I honestly think Grier preferred Muk over Holtz and Casey. Reading the tea leaves, he preferred a defenseman with size and some offense.
I think this is definitely the case, and we're one of the few teams in the league the a prospect pool deep enough to give up prospects like that and not take much of a hit.

Reactions: My3Sons

TF1970

May 9, 2021
I honestly think Grier preferred Muk over Holtz and Casey. Reading the tea leaves, he preferred a defenseman with size and some offense.
i can definitely see that being the case & would understand why, to your point. IMO, the jury is still out on casey, since hes a 5'9 defenseman.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Playing against 18-19 year olds is a huge difference than playing pro hockey - see Ty Smith.
like i said above, uncertain on sub 6-foot defensemen for the most part, especially when they are 5'9, as Casey is - until they prove it at the NHL level. the one thing i will give him, is he would skate circles around ty smith. his skating is what i would almost deem elite, especially in terms of agility, which is why maybe he has a chance to hack it in the NHL.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
like i said above, uncertain on sub 6-foot defensemen for the most part, especially when they are 5'9, as Casey is - until they prove it at the NHL level. the one thing i will give him, is he would skate circles around ty smith. his skating is what i would almost deem elite, especially in terms of agility, which is why maybe he has a chance to hack it in the NHL.
Not a problem, we can slot him at forward, as he did twice this year I believe. ;)

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Ty Smith never had an exceptional WJC. He played in two of them, compiling 6 assists in 12 games while being +2. So now you're talking about the WJC... while talking about Ty Smith's junior career, which has nothing to do with Casey.

Yes, but have you considered the appeal of minimizing what Casey has done this year, sneering at the fans that are hopeful for his future, and buttressing your points by citing other defensemen that were completely dissimilar from Casey except that they were also Devils prospects?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Yes, but have you considered the appeal of minimizing what Casey has done this year, sneering at the fans that are hopeful for his future, and buttressing your points by citing other defensemen that were completely dissimilar from Casey except that they were also Devils prospects?

I think we know what the point was.

0FD482B5-1FAF-40BE-B167-62DF13AB3306.gif

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Playing against 18-19 year olds is a huge difference than playing pro hockey - see Ty Smith.
? World juniors is what is being talked about , not pro hockey. And Casey was a part of this last team but only played limited minutes in the first preliminary games . He deserved to play over a couple of USA’s D.
If he isn’t a part of he next team and given a full time roster spot then whoever on team USA that is making the roster decisions are idiots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad