GDT: #24| FLYERS at Devils | Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | MSG+, NBCSP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It was in response to York, selected 14th and among the same calibre of the 2 players I listed playing today.

If he was perceived as the same caliber, he wouldn't have been drafted at #14.

York is a smaller player who needed to get stronger, and he's not exceptionally skilled (lacks great speed, slightly undersized, no outstanding talent) so experience does matter.
Zamula is a very poised player who clearly needed to add strength to play in the NHL, he's always going to be wiry, but is much stronger than a couple years ago.

Both are close to NHL ready, and had they not lost development time to COVID, might have started the year on the Flyers.
But being a high pick doesn't guarantee a player is NHL ready, look at Soderstrom on Zona, couldn't even win a job on the worst defense in the NHL, and he was a #11 pick with 79 SHL and 32 AHL games before this season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yandle has made one good play on the PP in the last six weeks. Once they are set up in the zone he can still pass the puck well, but his lack of skating ability really hurts them get in the zone to begin with. And god help us if the puck goes behind him at the blue line.

Having Sanheim or even Risto back there would at least help prevent SHGs.

How about none of the above? :sarcasm:

I thought Ellis/Provorov showed promise, but should be on PP2.
Yandle has been a top PP1 guy, he's a much better passer than Sanheim, but the legs are shot.

Sanheim is similar to TK, they're just better players when they're skating and opening up space with their speed, but they're not going to make things happen like Giroux does when they're just holding the puck, looking for a window.

I expect York to struggle when he comes up, but this spring will be a perfect time to let him run the PP and learn on the job.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Get to your point. What about, "It even includes Giroux, who has been a turnover machine most of the year, also (but at least has done a lot of good things, too)," do you think is incorrect?
because i havent seen what you are stating. i have seen turn overs but not that Giroux is is makes tons that it is a huge problem. mostly from the bad players. but instead of answering a question so I could understand what a lots of turn overs means to you you deflected direct questions.

again I dont have the same opinion so was asking quantifying questions to have a better understanding of how you came to yours. Not complicated stuff. Not trying to argue just understand.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I'm more interesting in understanding their reasoning than blindly lashing out.
If the reasoning is reasonable, I might disagree but I'm not going to blast them.

York is 20, missed a bunch of time, is just coming off COVID.
Last two seasons combined, 54 NCAA, 11 pro, 12 WJC-20 games.

Zamula is 21, last two seasons, 28 WHL, 27 pro, 18 Int'l. Was injured earlier this season

Neither is exactly tearing up the AHL this season. What's the rush?
I expect both to be in Philly by spring.
And when they come up, it''ll be to start.
so like with frost maybe management is wrong

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
so like with frost maybe management is wrong

Frost wasn't ready to start the season, that was obvious.
You could make the case by mid-November he had improved to the point that it was time to recall him.

York and Zamula aren't where Frost was at that point.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Frost wasn't ready to start the season, that was obvious.
You could make the case by mid-November he had improved to the point that it was time to recall him.

York and Zamula aren't where Frost was at that point.
the day before they called him up management said he wasnt ready and needed more time!!!!! I am not talking about the start.

Frost prove their most recent statment about him completely false

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
the day before they called him up management said he wasnt ready and needed more time!!!!! I am not talking about the start.

Frost prove their most recent statment about him completely false

Frost has played well, but he's also shown his flaws, some egregious turnovers, still struggles with physical play.
The best reason he's up is they probably have no chance at the playoffs and no good alternatives.
If Hayes was 100%, Brassard was back and they were in the playoff race, then keeping Frost down for another month wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
But at this point, might as well let him play and grow on the job.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeo > AV, at the very least

When Allison comes back in a few weeks, Allison to RW, JVR to LW, Laughton to 4C with Brassard at 4LW.
When Farabee returns, someone replaces MacEwen at RW.

Lindblom - Couts - TK
Giroux - Frost - Farabee
JVR - Hayes - Atkinson
Brassard - Laughton - Allison

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
If Hayes was 100%, Brassard was back and they were in the playoff race, then keeping Frost down for another month wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Considering the roster, yes, it would be. You have to be willing to deal with his mistakes because what he brings is so much more valuable than any mistakes he's making (and learning from!).

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
When Allison comes back in a few weeks, Allison to RW, JVR to LW, Laughton to 4C with Brassard at 4LW.
When Farabee returns, someone replaces MacEwen at RW.

Lindblom - Couts - TK
Giroux - Frost - Farabee
JVR - Hayes - Atkinson
Brassard - Laughton - Allison
yeo has giroux at center and hayes at lw with laughton centering him

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Frost has played well, but he's also shown his flaws, some egregious turnovers, still struggles with physical play.
The best reason he's up is they probably have no chance at the playoffs and no good alternatives.
But at this point, might as well let him play and grow on the job.
upload_2021-12-8_13-36-13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad