GDT: #24| FLYERS at Devils | Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | MSG+, NBCSP

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
This is directed at the entire team. It even includes Giroux, who has been a turnover machine most of the year, also (but at least has done a lot of good things, too).
how many turn over does giroux have? how many compared to other? Does having the puck on your stick make more or less like to get a turn over than someone drive the net for a rebound?

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yandle will play until they deem York ready to take his role, including PP QB.
Sanheim lacks the vision for that role, and is awkward when he's not skating.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Is there anything this organization does or even could do that you won’t defend?

It’s pathetic

I'm more interesting in understanding their reasoning than blindly lashing out.
If the reasoning is reasonable, I might disagree but I'm not going to blast them.

York is 20, missed a bunch of time, is just coming off COVID.
Last two seasons combined, 54 NCAA, 11 pro, 12 WJC-20 games.

Zamula is 21, last two seasons, 28 WHL, 27 pro, 18 Int'l. Was injured earlier this season

Neither is exactly tearing up the AHL this season. What's the rush?
I expect both to be in Philly by spring.
And when they come up, it''ll be to start.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
If the reasoning is reasonable, I might disagree but I'm not going to blast them.

Zamula is 21, last two seasons, 28 WHL, 27 pro, 18 Int'l. Was injured earlier this season

The fact that you think right now, on 12/8/2021 that Yandle is better on the pp than Sanheim pretty much says it all.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

You make up their reasoning in your own head.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Their reasoning is not to piss off Kev Dogs best pal,,,,

Not even the biggest ball lickers think that Yandle is an NHL player, let alone a full time one.
He has value on the PP. He's still our best PP defenseman until York grows into that role.

But he's become a complete liability at ES, especially with Seeler as his partner.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yandle has made one good play on the PP in the last six weeks. Once they are set up in the zone he can still pass the puck well, but his lack of skating ability really hurts them get in the zone to begin with. And god help us if the puck goes behind him at the blue line.

Having Sanheim or even Risto back there would at least help prevent SHGs.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
how many turn over does giroux have? how many compared to other? Does having the puck on your stick make more or less like to get a turn over than someone drive the net for a rebound?
Get to your point. What about, "It even includes Giroux, who has been a turnover machine most of the year, also (but at least has done a lot of good things, too)," do you think is incorrect?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There are younger dmen selected in later drafts, with less experience in the AHL thriving in today's NHL. See: Jamie Drysdale, Bowen Byram ('19 draft)

It's not about rushing them, but getting a head start on acclimating to the NHL.

There are countless old men who have worked in professional hockey for decades who still don't understand this simple and obvious fact.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He has value on the PP. He's still our best PP defenseman until York grows into that role.

But he's become a complete liability at ES, especially with Seeler as his partner.

OH SHIT, Benny.

6EW2qVc.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
You have to make a decision on Sanheim within the next two years. Instead of dicking around and continually throwing out Yandle on the PP which benefits the team in no way moving forward how about we try something different? Sanheim has been a PP regular once in his career, under Scott Gordon, on a dysfunctional 2nd PP unit with an outdated 3F 2D formation. He paced for 40+ points in that role which was his first full season in the NHL. We never thought to revisit his usage.

What if we gave him 60 games on a team going nowhere to run a unit himself? He might suck because he's never been a PP regular since Gordon left and maybe he lost all of his mojo since Junior, but at least you will know!

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
What if we gave him 60 games on a team going nowhere to run a unit himself? He might suck because he's never been a PP regular since Gordon left and maybe he lost all of his mojo since Junior, but at least you will know!

Yeah but you can also intentionally lower his value, let us extract less value of this asset and then see him find that mojo elsewhere, inevitably leading to apologies like "sunk cost now, nothing you can do, nobody could predict that".
That sounds better.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
In all probability it may be better than watching Yandle give up short handed chances and Provorov fumbling the puck or missing it completely at the blueline killing any offence.

Reactions: Yandover

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There are younger dmen selected in later drafts, with less experience in the AHL thriving in today's NHL. See: Jamie Drysdale, Bowen Byram ('19 draft)

It's not about rushing them, but getting a head start on acclimating to the NHL.

Drysdale #6
Byram #4
Provorov #7

Guys go in the top 10 b/c they're both talented and closer to being NHL ready.

York and Zamula will come up at some point and start, and that will give them a head start going into next season.

The player I'm disappointed in is Hogberg, with his SHL experience, I thought he'd be able to beat out someone like Seeler.
Wylie and Millman can't stay healthy and are years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad