Norway and Denmark Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Historic year for Norway with 2 players in the top 25. 2nd best European nation at this level.

Obviously there won't be any depth this year even if Dehli and Steen, the number of Norwegian players drafted could be beaten.

Danish prospects are also added into the discussion as part of the Scandinavian nations.

Absent this year, a few Danish players look interesting for the coming years.

Joka12

Apr 13, 2022
Yeah, this was an amazing draft for Norway. A draft like this will probably never happen again, but I really hope we can get to a level where we at least have 1-2 Norwegian prospects drafted each draft.

For the next drafts the best Norwegian prospects imo are Mikkel Eriksen (2025), Andreas Syversen Pettersen (2025) and Niklas Aaram Olsen (2026). Alexander Søyland (2027) also looks exciting based on stats at least (I have never watched him play).
Edit:
This goalie Felix Timraz-Westin (2027), also looks a bit interesting. He also has a Swedish password though, so if he gets good enough he probably starts representing them (like Axel Brøngel Larsson)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Would be great for Norway to become more of a hockey nation. Crazy to think that Zuccarello is their best player ever and only one other guy (Espen Knutsen) has played 200 NHL games. In fact I think Norway has had only 9 players ever play in the NHL (4 of them under 40 games).

Reactions: Rob

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Would be great for Norway to become more of a hockey nation. Crazy to think that Zuccarello is their best player ever and only one other guy (Espen Knutsen) has played 200 NHL games. In fact I think Norway has had only 9 players ever play in the NHL (4 of them under 40 games).
The EHL (Elite Hockey League) in Norway is getting better and faster thanks to more imports, ex NHL'ers and top Euro leagues. Ticket sales going up, and the playoffs this season was sold out. Great for Norwegian hockey, and now we can see the results with talents heading for the NHL draft.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I never fully understood why a great winter sports nation like Norway never really cared about hockey?
Ski culture very developed thanks to the mountains. Hockey is relatively new in Sweden and Finland. It really started from the 80s/90s.

Two interesting profiles for 2025 :

kayhud

Jun 9, 2024
Andreas Syversen Pettersen, a Norwegian defense prospect in this upcoming draft, is one of my top picks for a breakout. I could see him rising all the way to a late first early second round pick if his season goes well

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad