GDT: #24| FLYERS at Devils | Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | MSG+, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
A lot of Flyers problem are there inablity to make simple reads or passes, not systemic breakdowns. Does anyone get excited on a Flyers odd man rush? I just wait to see how they're going to f*** it up, which is vast majority of time. They need better entries for sure, so I guess if that's a "systems" problem, it should be aaddressed. Among other things.
Endless fumbled pucks, misconnected passes, and pucks sent directly into blocked lanes.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
The right thing to do hockey wise is take Yandle out. The Flyers are in no win situation if they take him out though, the optics would be horrible, on the other hand his play is trash. This(the record) shouldn't matter in decisions, but it does. What is he, 20 games away? At this point if it hasn't happened, it probably won't.
you described the definition of a non competitive franchise! and this decision was made early in july!!!! f*** THIS FRANCHISE; f*** CHUCK; f*** THE WHOLE STAFF!

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
The right thing to do hockey wise is take Yandle out. The Flyers are in no win situation if they take him out though, the optics would be horrible, on the other hand his play is trash. This(the record) shouldn't matter in decisions, but it does. What is he, 20 games away? At this point if it hasn't happened, it probably won't.
Yeo is just a placeholder anyway. He could absolutely be used to get away with benching Yandle and ending the streak. I say do it. He doesn't remotely deserve a spot.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Yeo is just a placeholder anyway. He could absolutely be used to get away with benching Yandle and ending the streak. I say do it. He doesn't remotely deserve a spot.
"be used"? So he's told to do it? Maybe, I guess, but he'd want something in return. I believe everyone knows it should happen, even Yandle, just no one wants to be the one to pull the trigger. And every game it gets tougher to do. Seriously, is anyone going to do it with lets say 10 games left? No way. At that point it would be super dickish anyways. And what really sucks is Kessel is going to catch him anyways when he eventually does leave, barring injury.

Reactions: marcsson68

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"be used"? So he's told to do it? Maybe, I guess, but he'd want something in return. I believe everyone knows it should happen, even Yandle, just no one wants to be the one to pull the trigger. And every game it gets tougher to do. Seriously, is anyone going to do it with lets say 10 games left? No way. At that point it would be super dickish anyways. And what really sucks is Kessel is going to catch him anyways when he eventually does leave, barring injury.

The proper thing is to have a 1-on-1 with Yandle, effortlessly beat him to the outside with 2 quick strides and go top-shelf on Jones ... no, sorry, I mean a 1-on-1 with Yandle to lay things out that his play has been poor and while his streak is highly commendable, considerations must be made for the best lineup possible. Personally, I don't see the Flyers turning the season around and what I had feared with his acquisition is coming to fermented fruition. Ironic that he has been a major contributor to the team's falling off where there is little reason to take him out of the lineup since the season is all but shot. This is the most roundabout way of achieving job security, and by job I mean the biblical symbol of suffering and curse.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
you realize this league is not your college free time game vs friends! right? If this franchise has discussion like this, i know now why we are bad every year!!

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Do we even know if Yandle actually cares about the streak? Have we ever heard him talk about it, or is it just other people making a fuss about it?

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
you realize this league is not your college free time game vs friends! right? If this franchise has discussion like this, i know now why we are bad every year!!
Either he isn't being taken out because of streak, or they don't think his play is that bad. I don't know which, but its one or the other. Which reflects badly on management either way.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The Blackhawks are 8-4 with their interim coach.

Where will Yeo's Flyers be after 12 games?
upload_2021-12-7_20-45-0.gif

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
2ogp5n.jpg

80 years ago this was a tragedy. Losing a hockey game is just a footnote to a footnote in Flyers factoids.

I'm an 8-year navy vet, I was stationed in Hawaii and went out to the memorial and saw the tears of the Arizona, pretty cool stuff. A lot of people re-enlist or have small ceremonies at the memorial.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Do we even know if Yandle actually cares about the streak? Have we ever heard him talk about it, or is it just other people making a fuss about it?

I don't recall him discussing it during the regular season. He was asked in camp. Praised past trainers, mentioned being fortunate, etc. IIRC, the closest he came to not playing was in Philadelphia following a game at Boston. Otherwise, he said he took it a day at a time.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
the optics would be horrible

Who would find this horrible? Honestly asking.

I understand wanting to help a player reach a milestone, but on the other hand, it's not a performance-based milestone.

If his play was decent, then fine, let him play.

I absolutely agree that there would be some negative reaction out there, but I doubt it would be from those who actually watch and follow hockey. His play is poor, and it is completely reasonable to scratch him.

Reactions: Yandover and BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad