GDT: #24| FLYERS at Devils | Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | MSG+, NBCSP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It’s really quite comical, that Fletcher was so far away from seriously considering a coaching change - so far away from even exploring other candidates.

That they are forced to bring in Schultz.

Shoot this POS into the sun. This is incompetence at the highest levels, and it’s just being exposed more and more every day.

Holy shit.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Yep, Fletcher is a moron alright. The news that Scott forced his hand, and he seemingly did not mind going on even a worse losing streak before ever considering firing AV, is just maddening. He’s so satisfied with being a bottom in this league and yet proclaims his aim is to contend. At the very least, he could embrace his cuckDom.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Do those chicken shits ever reply?

No, but if some idiot nobody were yelling at you every day, would you? I wouldn't lol. I'm just trying to put it out there in the ether and create ... something. The germ of something. I figure it's better than just sitting here in silence. Just barely, but better. I'll run out of energy for it very soon.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Pass or Fail: The New Jersey Devils' historic 'Jersey' jerseys

The Devils plan to wear these jerseys 13 times this season. That number, 13, is in honor of team captain, Nico Hischier, who wears No. 13. They will debut for their Dec. 8 game against the Flyers and will be on sale this Friday as the holiday shopping season gets under way.

s7Ah5jif-e1637676671698.jpeg

Anytime I can use TOWELIE...

tumblr_lrf696FJLA1qhnyjso1_500.gif

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Imagine if they take out Frost

This is a big test for Yeo. I actually really liked the lines on Monday, and the top 3 all scored. There is zero reason for them to be touched to work in Brassard.

If Brassard is not on the 4th line, then Yeo really isnt going to be any different.

Reactions: TCTC

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I agree with the part that says “there cannot be any thought left in Scott’s mind”

The rest, who knows?

Hah, fair.

I’ve moved so far into that merciless realm. f*** them all. This needs to be torn down, and anyone that even cleaned a bathroom in that rink banned for life. I want nothing but destruction, there is no other way. Burn this shit to the ground.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Yep, Fletcher is a moron alright. The news that Scott forced his hand, and he seemingly did not mind going on even a worse losing streak before ever considering firing AV, is just maddening. He’s so satisfied with being a bottom in this league and yet proclaims his aim is to contend. At the very least, he could embrace his cuckDom.

Where is the report that Scott forced his hand from? I missed that lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did we ever get an assistant coach for this game? What’s going on here?

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Where is the report that Scott forced his hand from? I missed that lol

It’s been mentioned in a few places, I’ll give you one I heard today - if my distracted memory is right.

From Anthony San: Scott met with Fletcher in the morning, and demanded a change.

If that’s correct, it’s hilarious to me. Kind of fits the fallout we have seen after.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nick Schultz :laugh:

I know it’s easy to hate this, and I don’t necessarily like it given the association, but I’m going to choose not to immediately disqualify Schultz as a good coach on his own merit. If for anything than to not bring on more negative energy to myself than is necessary

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
We’re an Arizona/Ottawa/Buffalo level org.

Those 3 at the very least have the ability to look themselves in the mirror, and admit they suck ass. They messed up their rebuilds, although Ottawa does have some nice young pieces.

The Flyers are still pretending they are competitive. They haven’t even moved past denial into acceptance.

The only thing keeping this team from openly being named in that tier, is their history, and Claude Giroux.

Ottawa has quietly built a nice first line, and a Chabot is a stud. Flyers have a youngish Provorov. Woooo

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Unless you're lusting for Boudreau, Trots or Julien (who wanted a 3 year deal in Vancouver), who exactly is available at this time of year?
Much better to go with Yeo than give a multi-year deal to a retread that's on the street.

Fletcher wasn't in a hurry to fire AV because the alternatives would box you into the same situation, tied to a retread HC for a few years.
The advantage of Yeo was it turned out, he was the guy coaching the team (running practices) anyway, so he just has to dump AV's scheme, but he knows the players and they like and trust him.

We're 9 points out, with 3 teams ahead of us, what are the odds we could make the playoffs at this point?
At a minimum, we need at least 95 points, that's 75 in 59 games, that a 104 point pace.

So to me, we're already in player evaluation mode, not playoff mode.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
How many competent assistant coaches are at home, waiting for a phone call at this point in a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad