GDT: #24| FLYERS at Devils | Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | MSG+, NBCSP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
F1rD5zU.png

My reaction when reading that Brassard in the year of our lord 2021 is a "key piece."

Taryn%2BHatcher%2Beyebrows.gif

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Unless you're lusting for Boudreau, Trots or Julien (who wanted a 3 year deal in Vancouver), who exactly is available at this time of year?
Much better to go with Yeo than give a multi-year deal to a retread that's on the street.

Fletcher wasn't in a hurry to fire AV because the alternatives would box you into the same situation, tied to a retread HC for a few years.
The advantage of Yeo was it turned out, he was the guy coaching the team (running practices) anyway, so he just has to dump AV's scheme, but he knows the players and they like and trust him.

We're 9 points out, with 3 teams ahead of us, what are the odds we could make the playoffs at this point?
At a minimum, we need at least 95 points, that's 75 in 59 games, that a 104 point pace.

So to me, we're already in player evaluation mode, not playoff mode.
There's still 59 games to play. It's an uphill battle, but we can catch Columbus and New Jersey and then we just need to be better than Detroit and Buffalo. That's doable if we're starting to get results now.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Starters: Hart (vs. Blackwood), Sanheim-Ristolainen, Lindblom-Couturier-Konecny

Non-IR Scratches: Farabee, CONNAUTON (not Provorov) and Willman

Referees: Graham Skilliter and Kyle Rehman

The NHL scoresheet was in error.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillDineen

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Some of this was mentioned recently I believe, but why the hell not one more time.

Charlie O:

“I do think there was just too much damage done during last season. Fletcher banked on the coaches being able to return that faith. Guys were legitimately frustrated with the defensive zone/coverage schemes, dump ins. There was real frustration.

Once a significant portion of the lineup doesn’t believe in the system. It’s over.

In the summer. Vigneault made it clear, this was his coaching staff”

Reactions: BillDineen

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Hopefully they score some goals and make the game entertaining and lose, just tank man lol
Why do we want them to tank? They will only screw up the pick by going for the big strong Western Canadian, never mind about skating and stick handling ability

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Ok benching Farabee is actually understandable then. You know this org has a hardon for truculence and benches the wrong people constantly so I automatically assume the worst.

Teams generally carry 23 active players -- not on IR or other such lists -- and those are announced as scratches even if that player has an injury. That is why Farabee is listed as a scratch but not someone like Ellis or Thompson who are on IR.

Reactions: Amorgus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad