Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Zadorov, can lay some nasty hits, and glad to have him on our side, but he is not the greatest fighter , have seen.

But….in today’s NHL, 88% of players won’t test him….5% might take him on confidently, and the other 7% will fight him reluctantly.

I’ll take that along with the hits and physical play every day of the week.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
It makes sense to start Lysell up there if you think he is ready. You can always change it up if he struggles and you can can target a RW at the trade deadline. We have plenty of Geekie, Brazeau types to fill-in. 3rd line can play more until it is sorted as well.

Reactions: Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I’d be ecstatic if lysel could fill the second line rw. I’m surprised the nhl posted that. I have a hard time with this. I am very high on lysell but how many guys get top six minutes in their first nhl season? How many times players can put up top six numbers in their first nhl season? I’d love to see some lists to compare. If he steps into the nhl and puts up40-50 points we should all be very happy
Literally hundreds of players start in the top6. Look at NHL.com and sort by rookies. Even if you only go back 10 years there are a hundred players with 40+ point rookie seasons in the top6. In terms of Bruins examples...

Danton Heinen produced like a top6 forward his first NHL season, even though he bounced around the lineup.

Jake DeBrusk got top6 minutes his first NHL season, after a 49 point (in 74 games) 20 year old AHL season. Lysell put up 50 points in 56 games last year. That's probably your best comp, and that's the guy Lysell is supposed to be 'replacing." :crossfing

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So I was with a friend of mine Saturday who’s a full time Providence Bruins employee who knows Lysell and everyone else very well

I asked on ice where is he at and was told he’s there - leaps and bounds improvements

Off the ice he is not trouble but he needs refinement and Boston probably be good for him

Being around Pastrnak who’s the ultimate team guy and leader by example both in how to be a professional but conduct self

And Pasta evolved over time into this - his good hearted ness was always there but he has grown into a fantastic representation of what you went

There are beer league hardos with bigger egos then this guy

He’s not only smelling the roses he’s picking it and handing it to someone who could use a smile or pick me up

Lysell is walking into the single best situation in hockey

the spot and teammates/staff will never be more set up for him

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think I would have Zacha at 3C. I know I'm dreaming
Why would you have a player who has put back-to-back 20 goal season's, had 116 points the last two years, and career wise as just increased his numbers every year. Come on Andrew, I support your Andrew Peeke stand, but I cannot support this.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
So I was with a friend of mine Saturday who’s a full time Providence Bruins employee who knows Lysell and everyone else very well

I asked on ice where is he at and was told he’s there - leaps and bounds improvements

Off the ice he is not trouble but he needs refinement and Boston probably be good for him

Being around Pastrnak who’s the ultimate team guy and leader by example both in how to be a professional but conduct self

And Pasta evolved over time into this - his good hearted ness was always there but he has grown into a fantastic representation of what you went

There are beer league hardos with bigger egos then this guy

He’s not only smelling the roses he’s picking it and handing it to someone who could use a smile or pick me up

Lysell is walking into the single best situation in hockey

the spot and teammates/staff will never be more set up for him
If the guy at the parking garage booth says so.... I'm all in!!!!

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Assuming this ends up being the top 6....

Zacha - Lindholm - Patrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Lysell
Frederic - Poitras - Geekie

The 4th line becomes a rotation of Jones, Beecher, Kastleic & Brazeau
Usually we all go back and forth on what the lines could be in the offseason but I don't think I've ever been more certain the starting lineup will look like this. Everything else just looks like a mid-game shuffle.

Even with Poitras and Lysell not being 100% certain I think they have the upper-hand and seize it.

I also think it's worth noting if Swayman comes in around 8.5 or less, they'll be able to carry a 14th forward, or three goalies (less likely but still possible)

That's why I think someone like Viel or Lettieri who have nothing left to prove in the A could make the team and rotate in.

At the same time, someone on a PTO could steal it.

Reactions: HustleB

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Usually we all go back and forth on what the lines could be in the offseason but I don't think I've ever been more certain the starting lineup will look like this. Everything else just looks like a mid-game shuffle.

Even with Poitras and Lysell not being 100% certain I think they have the upper-hand and seize it.

I also think it's worth noting if Swayman comes in around 8.5 or less, they'll be able to carry a 14th forward, or three goalies (less likely but still possible)

That's why I think someone like Viel or Lettieri who have nothing left to prove in the A could make the team and rotate in.

At the same time, someone on a PTO could steal it.

I don't disagree that the lineup could very well look like that --- I just really think if they could find someone else to play 1LW -- putting Zacha at 2C and Coyle at 3C makes the lineup better.

Of course whoever plays 2LW needs to be a legitimate factor, who can produce. I'm not suggesting putting a warm body there just to be able to move Zacha to 2C.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Lots of rookies get top six minutes. Happens all the time.

40-50 as a measure for top six forward is high. 50 points would have put you at 119 last year - guys who had 50 were Farabee, Peterka, and Slafkovsky. Guys who had 40-50 include Danault, Cozens, Skinner, ELindholm, Bertuzzi, Mantha, Sam Bennett. Debrusk had 40. Frederic had 40. Beniers and Anders Lee had 37 points. Etc.

The 192nd forward in points had 35 (Anton Lundell). 30-35 points if he were to play 70+ games as a top six wing would be good production for a rookie.
I'd rather take a look at Lysell than make a Backes/Beleskey panic UFA signing we regret to replace JDB.

Its not like we'll miss the playoffs even if 2nd line RW stinks. Lysell, Merk, Geek, and the guys we signed this summer who were buried in the Tampa/Col organizations and Jones. My guess is someone from that list grabs the spot but even if not get someone good at the deadline.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
These offer sheets by Blues on Oilers 2 young studs was really smart move.
It's fun, I like the boldness, but I wouldn't call either of these guys a stud. 5 years removed from their draft year and neither guy has really amounted to much. I think Broberg at that price is something STL will regret at some point.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It's fun, I like the boldness, but I wouldn't call either of these guys a stud. 5 years removed from their draft year and neither guy has really amounted to much. I think Broberg at that price is something STL will regret at some point.
It’s two years - and without him they’re running Leddy-Perunovich-Corpse of Ryan Suter on the left side. And they have space. I think it was a great move by St Louis. And f*** Stan Bowman too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad