Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
1. PTOs.......if they work out, great, if not, they're released. Shouldn't hinder our young guys from impressing at camp.

2. Swayman.......I've been harsh based on leaked contract asks from him, but I've changed my tune to , f*** the media, let's see how it shakes out.

3. LFG boys........cup 2024-2025

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I have no info on the PTO's but I would not mind giving Wheeler a look or Matt Martin just based on competition. They are just PTO's and if the kids can't beat out Martin, Johnston or Wheeler there is a real problem. Always be looking to put your best 18 on the ice regardless of age.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

1. Lysell is more ready than ever​

Last March, Lysell was roaring. He had seven points during a five-game scoring streak. But on March 23, Lysell catapulted into the Amica Mutual Pavilion boards during Providence’s 3-2 overtime loss to Charlotte. Lysell was concussed. He hurt his shoulder. Had it not been for the injuries, an NHL promotion was coming.

So with his injuries healed and a summer of training in the books, Lysell is better prepared to be an NHL right wing than at any time in his career. He has the speed, skill and courage to catch coach Jim Montgomery’s attention during camp.

“He knows how well he can play,” general manager Don Sweeney said. “He knows how much we were proud of the steps he had taken. He had a good camp last year. He’s just still got to continue to work on his complete game. One-on-one skills stuff and some of the stuff he can do to change a game are really good.”

3. Marchand and Coyle can hold his hand​

The second-liners are demanding linemates. Because they regularly draw the hardest matchups, they require their right wing to be hard on pucks, in the right spots and dependable in battles.

That kind of attitude can be contagious. Marchand and Coyle could help to straighten out Lysell’s details.

“Just because you’re a skill guy doesn’t mean you’re going to earn that spot because you can dangle through three guys,” Marchand said. “You’ve got to be able to be very responsible defensively. Especially playing with Chuck and I, we play both sides of the puck and play against a lot of teams’ top lines. It’s as much as being really strong defensively as it is offensive.”

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I did, thank you. Still very much a Lysell doubter.
I, think many have their doubts and they should, but I, let's give him a good look and if not move on from him, but we must acknowledge the risk that is value takes a hit. The only other solution move him before that happens, although I would prefer getting a solid look at him.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I, think many have their doubts and they should, but I, let's give him a good look and if not move on from him, but we must acknowledge the risk that is value takes a hit. The only other solution move him before that happens, although I would prefer getting a solid look at him.
Why would we need to move on from him at his age?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Trade him while his value is low? I don’t think u could even get a first for him.
You are probably right, but do you wait until he is 24/25 with less value, he might be more value as part of a package. I want to see he him get a legitimate look, that would be the best for him and the team, but he needs to show something. I have watched him in the past, and was impressed, but now wonder why he has not shown more.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You are probably right, but do you wait until he is 24/25 with less value, he might be more value as part of a package. I want to see he him get a legitimate look, that would be the best for him and the team, but he needs to show something. I have watched him in the past, and was impressed, but now wonder why he has not shown more.
He has 87 points in 110 AHL games. Had a couple injuries. From 19-21 years old. Relax.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad