Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
It does feel like as a group we are sleeping on Merkulov making the roster.
The issue with Merkulov is he just simply isn't a center at the NHL level. I had a rant about this earlier in the summer but there isn't a comparable for him. Find me a undrafted, undersized, offense only, below avg at the dot, bottom six center and I might reconsider but I really cant think of anyone like him.

But when it comes to wingers...there's a bunch but supposedly he's never really been tried there in the A.

His path is as a Connor Sheary type IMO so I'm sleeping on him until it changes

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
The issue with Merkulov is he just simply isn't a center at the NHL level. I had a rant about this earlier in the summer but there isn't a comparable for him. Find me a undrafted, undersized, offense only, below avg at the dot, bottom six center and I might reconsider but I really cant think of anyone like him.

But when it comes to wingers...there's a bunch but supposedly he's never really been tried there in the A.

His path is as a Connor Sheary type IMO so I'm sleeping on him until it changes
Don't know about the rest of his game but his shot reminds me of Glenn Murray

Reactions: Gordoff

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
I haven't had him in my lineups either, but the team sure seems to be giving him a real chance for a spot. More curious where they think that could be. Are they less gung ho on Poitras having an NHL spot? Do they think Merkulov can fit on either wing? Would they ever allow Poitras, Lysell and Merkulov to all be playing in the middle six at once? Even more so than Lysell, it's really make or break time for Merkulov. He has nothing else to prove down there and the weaknesses in his game (not being fast or big) just aren't going to be challenged at the AHL level.

I don't know where he fits myself. I don't see him as a top 6 option at this point, but that has to be where management must think he can fit. I don't see how he could get into the bottom 6, logjam there.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad