Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Why would you have a player who has put back-to-back 20 goal season's, had 116 points the last two years, and career wise as just increased his numbers every year. Come on Andrew, I support your Andrew Peeke stand, but I cannot support this.

so his can gain chemistry with his playoff linemates

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
It's fun, I like the boldness, but I wouldn't call either of these guys a stud. 5 years removed from their draft year and neither guy has really amounted to much. I think Broberg at that price is something STL will regret at some point.
I think both showed bigtime signs of being really good during Oilers playoff run.Both are terrific skaters too.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think both showed bigtime signs of being really good during Oilers playoff run.Both are terrific skaters too.
I get it, but I think Broberg's playoff success is a bit misleading. It was basically a lot of luck in a short sample size. The guy has talent, but I don't think he has the iq to be a top 4 guy. If you look deeper at his playoff numbers there's another story. Yes, he had 2 goals and an assist but...

1. He took 6 shots. He's not going to shoot 33%. His shot rates were the 2nd lowest of all EDM D, with only Vincent Desharnais shooting less often.
  2. His 1 assist in the playoffs was a secondary assist on the pp.
  3. He had 7 giveaways and 1 takeaway. His giveaways per 60 was the worst of all EDM D.
  4. He had less than a hit a game, with every other D on the team ranging from 3 hits to 6 hits a game... he was .76 hits per game.
  5. He took 12 hits a game. More than any other D.
  6. The team was vastly out shot with him on the ice. His 43% SF% was worst on the team,
  7. His GF% was actually best on the team. But I'd argue that's a lot of luck. Being out shots 57 to 43 but out scoring 8 to 2 is crazy luck. Maybe it was his team was getting really good shots with him on the ice.. Nope. His xGF% was 40%, 2nd worst of the D. Again just really lucky.
  8. More on the luck... the other teams had more scoring chances with him on the ice. His SCF% was 38%... worst of the D.
  9. He was 2nd worst on the team with High Danger Chances Against and worst with High Dangers For %.
  10. His numbers were raised due to just an absurd save percentage. With him on the ice the goalies stopped 97% of shots faced at 5 on 5. With him off it was more like 88%. You can say that's because his defense was so elite the goalies only had easy shots with him there. But the High Danger Numbers and the pure shot volume numbers don't make that seem to be true.
He's a big, physically talented guy who can skate. I'm not denying that. It totally could be that he's turned a corner and those 10 games may mean he's ready for more. But the 12 games he played in the season, he had similarly bad underlying numbers... but just not as much shooting luck or goals against luck.

EDM would be crazy to match the offer. Though I do think they'll match on Holloway.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
It’s two years - and without him they’re running Leddy-Perunovich-Corpse of Ryan Suter on the left side. And they have space. I think it was a great move by St Louis. And f*** Stan Bowman too.
Blues draft was very good

They drafted three very skilled defensemen

Adam Jiricek a RD who blew out his knee early in his predraft season but should be ready to go. He’s a beast

Speaking of beasts they took Colin Ralph another big tough skilled RD who’s basically the Bruins Dean Letourneau version at the defensive end. He played in US prep not against the top talent his age but will be in the Div 1 NCAA as a 19 year old.

They also took one of my favorites in Luke Fischer whose dad was Jiri. He reminds me of Sean Durzi maybe even more advanced and an outstanding skater

Blues crushed it and they got a long term plan

Agree with @Dr Quincy here on Broberg seems pricey but those guys do it full time but he’s intriguing so why the F not. I’m good with it

The Oil probably or should keep Holloway - that seems easy

I don’t like Edmonton or Bowman so it’s a good match and I hope Draisaitl bolts

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
The only thing keeping us from winning the cup every year for a decade was lack of toughness. We now have it. I’m hoping another tougher player makes the team besides Zad, Kastelic and Jones. If not we are still way tougher than we have been in ten years.

This team is more than a contender, it’s a cup winner.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Blues draft was very good

They drafted three very skilled defensemen

Adam Jiricek a RD who blew out his knee early in his predraft season but should be ready to go. He’s a beast

Speaking of beasts they took Colin Ralph another big tough skilled RD who’s basically the Bruins Dean Letourneau version at the defensive end. He played in US prep not against the top talent his age but will be in the Div 1 NCAA as a 19 year old.

They also took one of my favorites in Luke Fischer whose dad was Jiri. He reminds me of Sean Durzi maybe even more advanced and an outstanding skater

Blues crushed it and they got a long term plan

Agree with @Dr Quincy here on Broberg seems pricey but those guys do it full time but he’s intriguing so why the F not. I’m good with it

The Oil probably or should keep Holloway - that seems easy

I don’t like Edmonton or Bowman so it’s a good match and I hope Draisaitl bolts
Small correction: Ralph is a LD. I like the Letourneau comp: Big and toolsy but very raw.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
The only thing keeping us from winning the cup every year for a decade was lack of toughness. We now have it. I’m hoping another tougher player makes the team besides Zad, Kastelic and Jones. If not we are still way tougher than we have been in ten years.

I think they are a 2nd line RW away. Love the additional toughness, they look like a team built to win on the playoffs, not in December against San Jose. no faith in Lysell or Geekie being top six forwards. I still say I would try Frederic there. Give him DeBrusks Power Ploy time and he gets 25 goals next year.

Hope Poitras and Coyle flip spots because Poitras is developing quickly. Playoff line up with no trades:
Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Poitras-Frederic
Geekie-Coyle-Brazeau
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Viel

That's a lot better than Krug being the Bruins toughest player.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Dr. Quincy: why are you laughing at my prediction of a cup winning team? Very disappointing when you consider that I always watched your show when I was a kid.
I laughed because I assumed it was a joke.

I can't imagine thinking that the only thing stopping 10 Cups in a row was Mark Kastelic and Max Jones. If you were serious.... well, let's just say I disagree.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I laughed because I assumed it was a joke.

I can't imagine thinking that the only thing stopping 10 Cups in a row was Mark Kastelic and Max Jones. If you were serious.... well, let's just say I disagree.
I mean if you've read this place, which I know you do, there are lots of people who think toughness is going to solve everything.

I somewhat sadistically want to see them lose to see what the toughness crowd says, but I actually like what they've done and can't ever route against my team like that.

Reactions: PB37

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I mean if you've read this place, which I know you do, there are lots of people who think toughness is going to solve everything.

I somewhat sadistically want to see them lose to see what the toughness crowd says, but I actually like what they've done and can't ever route against my team like that.
It definitely won't hurt to add toughness, but I think 5 on 5 scoring in the playoffs, defensemen making quick, clean exit passes and consistent goaltending (which wasn't a problem this year) have had more to do with the last 2 playoff fails.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Bruins have had plenty of tough teams that have lost in spectacular and sometimes humiliating fashion. I just want them to win, no matter the playstyle.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Who?

I don't see people asking for 23 enforcers on the team. I see people who want this team to be tougher to play against and to be able to ramp up a physical brand of hockey in April and beyond. I'm not seeing anyone who wants 14 Nic Deslauriers and the rest Matt Rempes.

Also, what a weird "I TOLD YOU SO" thing to root for just to take a dump on the "toughness crowd" - Especially after saying you like what they've added.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bruins have had plenty of tough teams that have lost in spectacular and sometimes humiliating fashion. I just want them to win, no matter the playstyle.
They also won with the cup with the toughest team in the league.

I agree with you. I want them to win no matter what, and I like what they did this year to address some issues. Management clearly thought the same thing as some of those "toughness crowd"

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
They also won with the cup with the toughest team in the league.

I agree with you. I want them to win no matter what, and I like what they did this year to address some issues. Management clearly thought the same thing as some of those "toughness crowd"

They also needed an all time historic playoff performance from their goaltender or else they'd be bounced out in the 1st round.

I like what they did too. I'm not an " anti-toughness " guy but I also don't think it's a magic bullet that's going to fix them from stalling out in the playoffs again and I think it's too easy of an excuse some fans use. I love the Chara era of Bruins but they've had some serious issues with getting up for games/series they should have dominated being the more physical, hard to play against club.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Ozzy love your optimism, but they need a goal scorer and a RW, and then I might share your thoughts and jump on board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad