Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Do the Bruins get more points in the standings if they win fights instead of losing them?
I didn’t take that deep a dive in his fighting videos but I did watch him coming out of London

I thought he would score more and be be a middle six with that size and skating

Not sure what happened but he’s certainly fell before my expectations and they got him basically in the hockey yard sale section, ‘whataya give me’

I won’t be surprised if he’s much better then he has been but also not holding my breathe

They need a relentless dogged fore checker who can play and hit hard ~ a playoff style in the regular season.

Guys rarely and don’t want to do it and you have to ‘arrive on time’ as Sweeney says and hit to slow down and cause turnovers

It’s not asking a lot and he seems it’s his floor

Reactions: Gordoff and Number6

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
To me, it depends on whether Duran has a view to a kill, or is hungry like the wolf. If he -serious- wants to be one of the wild boys... notorious, even, he's going to have to save a prayer for a new moon on Monday. His reflex will have to be to come undone, and aways be like, "Is there something I should know?"

That's a great deal to ask."

Bussi is older than Swayman, and an unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the season. He is not the future of the organization. If he beats Korp out in camp and plays well for a season, his pay may skyrocket towards the Korp level for next year. It probably won't get that high, but if he is good, he is likely looking at 2+ million a year.
I'll take that.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
When have they cared much about that? John Moore, Mike Reilly, Matt Beleskey etc etc: they will stick a guy there if it needs to happen, and a handful of hardcore fans raging about it won't make a bit of difference.
You know I started off by saying I can see it happening right?

All I'm saying is it won't look good and a light will shine even brighter on the blunder if the Bruins aren't doing good in the standings.

The difference between those guys is they all played a few seasons before being regulated to the minors. They at least got some value out of those contracts albeit not much.

If Korpi's full 12 million is buried in the minors to never play a game on the big club could be the worst contract decision in the Sweeney era so I could see fans and media getting on his back.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You know I started off by saying I can see it happening right?

All I'm saying is it won't look good and a light will shine even brighter on the blunder if the Bruins aren't doing good in the standings.

The difference between those guys is they all played a few seasons before being regulated to the minors. They at least got some value out of those contracts albeit not much.

If Korpi's full 12 million is buried in the minors to never play a game on the big club could be the worst contract decision in the Sweeney era so I could see fans and media getting on his back.
Fair and I wasn’t having a pop at you or your post, just commenting that they don’t seem to give a shit about some diehard fans and beat writers giving them a hard time about contracts or decisions that don’t work out. If they lost merch or ticket sales they might be care, or be made to care more like, but otherwise don’t think they really do.

KurtDangle

Jul 22, 2019
Way too early for this but...

If none of our prospects is able to fill that 2RW i would be calling San Jose about Mikael Granlund. Final year of his contract, led Sharks in points last season & had good chemistry with Coyle in Minnesota.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Have you ever been married ?

That’s pretty much the only thing I mastered
Ok, I have fun with this but let me say, I was half joking , I do not believe Gordon did anything wrong he posted something that had already been posted, big freakn deal, get over it. But I, must admit I,have enjoyed the blowback it has been fun...........oh yes I, am married 52 years, .........haha

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ok, I have fun with this but let me say, I was half joking , I do not believe Gordon did anything wrong he posted something that had already been posted, big freakn deal, get over it. But I, must admit I,have enjoyed the blowback it has been fun...........oh yes I, am married 52 years, .........haha
You have a good sense of humor ~ I do enjoy you 80 % of the time ;)

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Congratulations!

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
NHL posted this
IMG_3241.jpeg

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I’d be ecstatic if lysel could fill the second line rw. I’m surprised the nhl posted that. I have a hard time with this. I am very high on lysell but how many guys get top six minutes in their first nhl season? How many times players can put up top six numbers in their first nhl season? I’d love to see some lists to compare. If he steps into the nhl and puts up40-50 points we should all be very happy

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I’d be ecstatic if lysel could fill the second line rw. I’m surprised the nhl posted that. I have a hard time with this. I am very high on lysell but how many guys get top six minutes in their first nhl season? How many times players can put up top six numbers in their first nhl season? I’d love to see some lists to compare. If he steps into the nhl and puts up40-50 points we should all be very happy
Lots of rookies get top six minutes. Happens all the time.

40-50 as a measure for top six forward is high. 50 points would have put you at 119 last year - guys who had 50 were Farabee, Peterka, and Slafkovsky. Guys who had 40-50 include Danault, Cozens, Skinner, ELindholm, Bertuzzi, Mantha, Sam Bennett. Debrusk had 40. Frederic had 40. Beniers and Anders Lee had 37 points. Etc.

The 192nd forward in points had 35 (Anton Lundell). 30-35 points if he were to play 70+ games as a top six wing would be good production for a rookie.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Lots of rookies get top six minutes. Happens all the time.

40-50 as a measure for top six forward is high. 50 points would have put you at 119 last year - guys who had 50 were Farabee, Peterka, and Slafkovsky. Guys who had 40-50 include Danault, Cozens, Skinner, ELindholm, Bertuzzi, Mantha, Sam Bennett. Debrusk had 40. Frederic had 40. Beniers and Anders Lee had 37 points. Etc.

The 192nd forward in points had 35 (Anton Lundell). 30-35 points if he were to play 70+ games as a top six wing would be good production for a rookie.
I don’t see this as true. Especially with Boston. Bad teams give super high end first round picks top six minutes sometimes. Good teams don’t generally start them off in the top six. I think it’s more realistic that lysell ends up on the third line.

show me some examples of good teams playing rookies on the top six and I’ll believe you.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don’t see this as true. Especially with Boston. Bad teams give super high end first round picks top six minutes sometimes. Good teams don’t generally start them off in the top six. I think it’s more realistic that lysell ends up on the third line.

show me some examples of good teams playing rookies on the top six and I’ll believe you.
Matthew Knies would be the most apt recent example. Wyatt Johnston. Seth Jarvis…

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Wouldn’t it make sense to put an inexperienced player with two defensively responsible forwards?
I don’t think that’s what he’s suggesting. I think he’s saying that it isn’t a great second line.

Personally, I don’t think it’s ideal either. But ideal doesn’t exist with the roster under its current construction. We didn’t fill the hole that DeBrusk left, so instead we’re cobbling together the middle six.

This leaves Frederic - Poitras/Merkulov - Geekie as your third line. I don’t really like either of them and would prefer to attempt to find a better balance.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I don’t think that’s what he’s suggesting. I think he’s saying that it isn’t a great second line.

Personally, I don’t think it’s ideal either. But ideal doesn’t exist with the roster under its current construction. We didn’t fill the hole that DeBrusk left, so instead we’re cobbling together the middle six.

This leaves Frederic - Poitras/Merkulov - Geekie as your third line. I don’t really like either of them and would prefer to attempt to find a better balance.
Then I don't know why their ages would matter.

I have no idea if it would be a good line as I've never seen Lysell play.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Oh absolutely 100%. I just question if this should be a 2nd line as opposed to a 3rd line when considering each players age and/or experience.
Gotcha. I do think Marchand has to be a 2nd liner as we don't have anyone better but I get your logic now.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Check out Danton Heinen's first full season....

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad