Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
With Lysell and Merkulov given every chance to push Geekie to the 4th line.
Yeah lets push a 17 goal scorer and 39 pts to the 4th line to satisfy your thirst to watch to minor league players that have not shown that they are capable of NHL play yet. Geekie is versatile and is improving every year, oh his 138 hits should be put on the bench because this team is not in need of physicality.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I still refuse to believe Korpi is part of the plan. We have Bussi who requires waivers. Waiting for the buyout.
We’ll find out 48 hours after the final when the buyout window begins.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah lets push a 17 goal scorer and 39 pts to the 4th line to satisfy your thirst to watch to minor league players that have not shown that they are capable of NHL play yet. Geekie is versatile and is improving every year, oh his 138 hits should be put on the bench because this team is not in need of physicality.

How dare to have hope for a team that can get contributions from all four lines. The nerve!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I'm not. I don't trust Sweeney to spin this straw into gold. Yet even if he somehow does that with another deal he would at best be just miraculously breaking even.

You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em. Sweeney should have folded this hand and blamed it on the extension not getting hammered out. Instead he is trying to take the pot with a pair of twos.
btw if you gave me a prop bet on who had a better GAA and s% in 24-25 between Korpi (on the Bruins) and Linus (on the Sens), lemme tell you it's gonna be close...

Well, no kidding. Korpisalo will see lots more Wings, Jackets, Flyers etc while Ullmark will see the Bruins, Leafs, Panthers, Bolts, Rags.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Listen i respect all the opinions of getting fleeced to not wanting Korpi, but we were not going to carry both Linus and Sway at the tune of 12-13M/yr.
Korpi can be buried or bought out, or flipped with a pick to get rid of.(not that we have any)

This was the deal we could make with a team he would waive his NTC to go to. We were more stuck than OTT and they used their leverage. We did it with T Hall. It happens.
Are the Bruins better or worse than yesterday ?

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I think sometimes you just simply have to look at trades and say are we a better team from this deal. Take the Peeke trade for instance...did we need to add a 3rd round pick to it...no but at the end of the day I think the Bruins are a better team as a result so I can get over it.

This deal is just simply awful. The Bruins are not a better team as a result.

Sweeney with cap space is an actual problem. Last offseason he hit it out with the park under cap constraints but this is reminiscent of 2021 when we had HUGE holes on the roster and he spent 10 million on Foligno, Forbort and Reilly. We just didn't get much better from those moves.

The only way this trade is justifiable is if he trades Korpisalo in another move because if he keeps him on the roster, we will lose Bussi. Who by the way, I wouldn't be surprised if he asks for a trade at this point. He has no path here. I wouldn't blame him in the slightest.

I'm shifting my attention to the teams around the league that still may need a goaltender because it's the only way I can make sense of this. Anyone have any ideas? I have these teams who could still be looking around

Carolina
Flyers
Sabers
Wings
Oilers
Knights
Kings
Leafs

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
$3 million isn't a cap liability. After next session the cap is projected to go up to $92 million. That puts Korpisalo & at a 3.2% cap hit
If the player you are spending that $3M in unplayable, it damn well is.

I’m not saying Korpisalo is unplayable in the future, but right now he’s a liability.

If you have the chance to buy something special at an outrageous deal, but can’t because you don’t have the cash??? I don’t care if you are short by 10 cents or $10M, if you’ve spent money poorly then that is called an opportunity cost and it most damn well is a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad