Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Correct

Double retention can get you to 25%. Happened a bunch.
According to puckpedia maximum retention is 50%. Sens have 25%, Bruins retain 25% which equals 50% which is what I said originally.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The deal is definitely disappointing. I'm not trying to downplay that fact, but...

We don't know how limited Ullmark's NTC made this deal. He could have blocked all the teams that wanted him. Remember what we paid for Taylor Hall because of his NTC. I know Ullmark was only 16 or 17 teams, but if you put the 5 teams that need goalies on that list then Ullmark has control. My guess is they had a deal in place for a singed Ullmark, (which was the one we heard about and were excited about) and they had a deal in place for an unsigned Ullmark which is what we got.
Yup

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The deal is definitely disappointing. I'm not trying to downplay that fact, but...

We don't know how limited Ullmark's NTC made this deal. He could have blocked all the teams that wanted him. Remember what we paid for Taylor Hall because of his NTC. I know Ullmark was only 16 or 17 teams, but if you put the 5 teams that need goalies on that list then Ullmark has control. My guess is they had a deal in place for a singed Ullmark, (which was the one we heard about and were excited about) and they had a deal in place for an unsigned Ullmark which is what we got.
I hear what you are saying but why now? Why not let a market develop? Maybe some of the goalies go down on his OK list? Maybe in January Linus is getting anxiety over not having a contract extension as a back up in Boston? Bruins had some leverage as well and pissed it away.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I definitely don't plan on listening to the local Ottawa TSN sports radio tomorrow, they will literally be amazed that the Sens could pull off a trade in which they acquire Ullmark and dump Korpisalo. Does anybody in the know have any inclination if Sweeney will buyout Korpisalo. The buyout seems like a no-brainer to me.

Reactions: Gordoff

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Terrible move only saved 2 million. Got a goalie no body wanted and has to pay him 3 million. But got a late first who donnie will be looking to move at the draft. DS needs to really hit some big hits in FA

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I hear what you are saying but why now? Why not let a market develop? Maybe some of the goalies go down on his OK list? Maybe in January Linus is getting anxiety over not having a contract extension as a back up in Boston? Bruins had some leverage as well and pissed it away.
THIS ^

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I saw some korpi highlights when he was with Columbus. The guy was a beast and it wasnt that long ago. With Ottawa retaining some of that contract its sweet. Hoping korpi finds his game here and with our goaltending success and structure here I think he will.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Terrible move only saved 2 million. Got a goalie no body wanted and has to pay him 3 million. But got a late first who donnie will be looking to move at the draft. DS needs to really hit some big hits in FA
3 mil for four years.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
idk, I think it was always about freeing up money and getting a first round pick back. I suspect it was the higher first if Ullmark signed an extension. Since he didn't, it's the lower first.

I actually like Kastelic coming back. He plays like a Bruin and will fit in well. Not going to alter the universe or anything but he might surprise you. He can be mean like Bennett.

Korpisalo coming back I get from Ottawa's perspective but don't really like it. He was horrible last year. Mind you, he was better before Ottawa so maybe with a good D in front of him he can be a serviceable back up? idk, I'd rather flip him and go with Bussi. Not sure there's anywhere to flip him to though. Not this year anyway. Maybe if he has a comeback year but not now, Gonna lose Bussi if we keep him and that sucks as I remember that preseason game last year where Bussi was lights out great and that made me think he might have an NHL future if/when we dealt Ullmark.

I won't judge Sweeney until after free agency myself.

Reactions: Gordoff

bruinsfan

Aug 2, 2005
Hate to say it but even if he swings and misses with his free agent pickups nothing will happen. Status quo for this team it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad