Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I would rather see a Beecher-Kuntar-Brazzeau line

But nope. We got Kastellic.
Nothing against the guy but WHY?!?!?
Because he’s a center and he’s young and he’s big and he will fight…

He will never win a fight mind you.

Gotta believe the NTC and one year left on Ullmark contract limited the return. Or our GM blows.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
It’s a return with handcuffs. That is the problem for me. You get a blah guy who has years left on a contract at 3mil. If he is terrible you again saddle yourself with an untradeable player. He just got out of cap hell and starts to put himself right back into it. If he swings Kap to another team for a low pick then great. If not I really will question his decision making.

I would have been happy with a second rounder and no Kap

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I’m drafting at 25

Solid group
I saw some korpi highlights when he was with Columbus. The guy was a beast and it wasnt that long ago. With Ottawa retaining some of that contract its sweet. Hoping korpi finds his game here and with our goaltending success and structure here I think he will.

I hope he never plays a game in Boston. The Bruins don't need to be wasting 3 mil/year cap space for multiple years on a below average goalie who is a backup.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I’ve been neither an advocate for or a detractor of Sweeney. 2015 was horrible but excusable given his short tenure. He’s made some awful trades and continues to chase rentals and spend way too much for middle of the road guys.

This. This is fireable and it’s clear he’s in the bottom third of GMs in the league

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Easy. 1 year left, no extension in place and Linus had to waive for Ottawa. Lack of a guarantee meant taking on Korpi.

Getting the 1st rounder back is huge

Why is this huge when its the 25th pick in a weak draft year and you have to eat 75% of Korpi contract ? A player the Sens were dieing to get rid of. If Sweeney would of done better asset management and traded Linus a year ago, he would of gotten way better of a deal, but no he waits until linus is on an expiring contract and gets hosed!

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
The deal is definitely disappointing. I'm not trying to downplay that fact, but...

We don't know how limited Ullmark's NTC made this deal. He could have blocked all the teams that wanted him. Remember what we paid for Taylor Hall because of his NTC. I know Ullmark was only 16 or 17 teams, but if you put the 5 teams that need goalies on that list then Ullmark has control. My guess is they had a deal in place for a singed Ullmark, (which was the one we heard about and were excited about) and they had a deal in place for an unsigned Ullmark which is what we got.
The difference is that Ullmark was productive and would've been happy to stay.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Why is the 4th line a priority at all?

Should just be revolving door. I want more speed on that line, but I really don't care about more skill. I just want the bad skaters off the team. If you can't skate, you can't play. That should be the mantra.

We need to get past this concept of an everyday set-in-stone 4th line or some sort of identity line. That time has passed.
Like I said, we aren't going to agree on team building.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

bruinsfan

Aug 2, 2005
Can't believe Sweeney has some leeway here to basically retool this team. He's literally been riding the coattails of Bergeron and Krejci his entire tenure with this team. Now that their gone we have holes all over the lineup and the one strength he has he pretty much gave up for a terrible return. Frustrating to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad