Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I just don't get the urgency. Dougie Hamilton revisited
Sweeney should've been fired on the spot for how he handled the Hamilton trade. Friedman said that Sweeney rushed the trade and that there were other GM's, who would've made offers, that were angry when the trade went down because they had no idea that Hamilton was available. James Mirtle of the Athletic said that Sweeney turned down "much higher firsts" than 15th overall. Friedman also wrote that things were close with Colorado, so they were likely one of those teams offering a higher first. So if Mirtle and Friedman are to be believed, Sweeney essentially turned down Mikko Rantanen. I'd love to know who the other teams were that offered higher firsts. My guess is that Columbus was another team (8th overall), as they needed D and were interested in Hamilton. Philadelphia may have been another team.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
And
Y'know what? I'm going to look at this with a glass half full approach.

There's a non-zero chance that Goalie Bob gets Korpi back to a .920
And if he does, it changes ntiohign about this trade.

Players have values. They would have paid you to take 75% of that contract off their hands. Probably would have given most, if not all, of what we acquired in this deal.

Nothing changes that. His value is his value.

If I trade you $20 for $1 and I buy a winning lottery ticket with it, it doesn't mean I was a genius to make that trade.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Hmmm- Bruins can retain 25% on Korpi as you can’t go past 50% total on retention. They can flip and retain 25% and 50% retained Korpi would be attractive to a number of teams that need goaltending. Hope that is the thinking and another deal is in the works.
I don't think this is true. I think the Bruins can retain half of what his current cap hit is in Boston.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Even if this comes to fruition, was it worth moving Ullmark for a 25th overall, + pedestrian prospect, and eating 1m cap for next 4 years? Was that the best deal? At that point I’d say move Ullmark for a 2nd or 3rd and you don’t have to take on Korpisalo. Am I crazy? As we’ve seen in the past, a million here & there can handcuff a franchise. This seems silly. Nobody wants Korpisalo even at 2m
I’m have no idea- we’d have to see what it is, if anything, before judging .

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
We are not going to agree on team building, even though they added a player I like in Kastellic I feel this is a horrible trade.

I want toughness that can skate, apparently Kastellic isn't so slow. We will see how Sweeney builds his 4th line, I have a feeling that he will find a way to disappoint people who want a tough 4th line vs people who want a more skilled, faster 4th line, he will find a way to have a slow, passive 4th line.

Why is the 4th line a priority at all?

Should just be revolving door. I want more speed on that line, but I really don't care about more skill. I just want the bad skaters off the team. If you can't skate, you can't play. That should be the mantra.

We need to get past this concept of an everyday set-in-stone 4th line or some sort of identity line. That time has passed.

Reactions: BTO and Dreghorn2

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Korpisalo will probably be decent to good on Boston. Issue is Boston treated him like an asset and not a dump by Ottawa.

this has generally been the issue. the players he got - korpisalo and let's say peeke - should be fine to good in their roles.
but both were negative assets (peeke less so than korpi), and sweeney treated them as actual assets. we'll see what
happens over the next week, but this is a pretty terrible start (buttttttt like you, looking forward to having the 25th pick...
at least watching the draft will be more entertaining).

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Why is the 4th line a priority at all?

Should just be revolving door. I want more speed on that line, but I really don't care about more skill. I just want the bad skaters off the team. If you can't skate, you can't play. That should be the mantra.

We need to get past this concept of an everyday set-in-stone 4th line or some sort of identity line. That time has passed.
Why is it a priority when you have Beecher, Boqvist, Brazeau, Kuntar, Lauko…???

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
The deal is definitely disappointing. I'm not trying to downplay that fact, but...

We don't know how limited Ullmark's NTC made this deal. He could have blocked all the teams that wanted him. Remember what we paid for Taylor Hall because of his NTC. I know Ullmark was only 16 or 17 teams, but if you put the 5 teams that need goalies on that list then Ullmark has control. My guess is they had a deal in place for a signed Ullmark, (which was the one we heard about and were excited about) and they had a deal in place for an unsigned Ullmark which is what we got.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad