Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
14 years????? Sweeney arrived in 2015...and he did a great job in the 2015 draft lollll he inherited a roster with a ton of depth and he completely demolished the team and its pipeline...good luck for the 14 coming years
Well pardon me he got them to 2 Cup finals then.Go cry about him somemore.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I just don't get the urgency. Dougie Hamilton revisited

not like they even gained a bunch of cap either.

And if they make a subsequent trade to dump Korlisalo, whoever would be taking Korpisalo in this situation would have definitely taken Ullmark instead if they need a goalie. Ullmark waiving to Ottawa but no extension makes me think he would have went almost anywhere and just not signed long term

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Kevin Stenlund is currently centering the Panthers 4th line.

He's the closest comparison. Still waiting on his first playoff goal here 23 games in. Likely won't be back next year.

If Kastelic has some defensive pedigree and was your new 4th line C, it makes more sense. But he's not proven as a defensive player in the NHL. Martin certainly didn't trust him given his limited minutes.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I believe in Sweeney right now. I will make my judgment next year. His pro scouts have been very good.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Hmmm- Bruins can retain 25% on Korpi as you can’t go past 50% total on retention. They can flip and retain 25% and 50% retained Korpi would be attractive to a number of teams that need goaltending. Hope that is the thinking and another deal is in the works.
Even if this comes to fruition, was it worth moving Ullmark for a 25th overall, + pedestrian prospect, and eating 1m cap for next 4 years? Was that the best deal? At that point I’d say move Ullmark for a 2nd or 3rd and you don’t have to take on Korpisalo. Am I crazy? As we’ve seen in the past, a million here & there can handcuff a franchise. This seems silly. Nobody wants Korpisalo even at 2m

Reactions: KWbruin and Gordoff

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I have. I certainly don't see any fighting. And their players can skate well enough to play that type of game.

They basically sub their 4th line wingers in and out of the line-up to get the freshest legs into the line-up. None of their 4th line wingers are fighters, all can skate, and none are exceptionally physical either other than Lomberg who doesn't have the size for it really.

I'd get it if Kastelic was some strong defensive forward. But even a uber-conservative coach like Martin couldn't find a use for him.
We are not going to agree on team building, even though they added a player I like in Kastellic I feel this is a horrible trade.

I want toughness that can skate, apparently Kastellic isn't so slow. We will see how Sweeney builds his 4th line, I have a feeling that he will find a way to disappoint people who want a tough 4th line vs people who want a more skilled, faster 4th line, he will find a way to have a slow, passive 4th line.

Reactions: Gordoff

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
A goalie reclamation project
a fourth line center ( at best )
a late round first
$2million in cap space

is the return ... for a former Vezina winning goaltending loved in the room

And the Bs take on $12m of future salary

What was the rush to deal ...I like DS but this isn't one of his finer moments

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
It would have been a better trade for just the pick. I mean the corpse of Tommy salo should have come with a pick alone just to take on that brutal contract, so Sweeney basically traded Ullmark for an AHL center man . What an idiot
So DS said if he didn't get asking return he would keep Ullmark.

That was your asking return?

I would have kept him.

Good luck Linus , may the sun shine on you every day for eternity.
d

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad