Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
It’s a return with handcuffs. That is the problem for me. You get a blah guy who has years left on a contract at 3mil. If he is terrible you again saddle yourself with an untradeable player. He just got out of cap hell and starts to put himself right back into it. If he swings Kap to another team for a low pick then great. If not I really will question his decision making.

I would have been happy with a second rounder and no Kap
Maybe they shouldn't have announced a draft party before trading for a 1st round pick.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Truly don't know how anyone can even attempt to spin a shred of positivity into this situation.

Deal sucks. First rounder to take a shitty contract and deal Ullmark legitimately makes no sense. Just trash
Is anyone doing that?

Because if so? Yikes

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
And costs us a vezina goalie for a bad back up
Yeah people are acting like getting a 1 for a Vezina caliber goalie is some sort of great moment when a shit goalie just went for what will be a better 1...oh and plus a good young defensman...oh and not taking on one of the worst contracts in the league.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
All I wanted was an everyday skater who in some way would be impacting playoff games instead of ullmarks $5m healthy scratches.

Now ullmarks gone and I still don’t feel like we even got an every day 4th liner lol

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Yeah people are acting like getting a 1 for a Vezina caliber goalie is some sort of great moment when a shit goalie just went for what will be a better 1...oh and plus a good young defensman...oh and not taking on one of the worst contracts in the league.

When you compare the Markstrom deal to this it hurts even more. I can't believe this is what we ended up with it's genuinely worse than nothing

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
I’m drafting at 25

Solid group
I'm sure there will be 25 good players in the draft.....the question is will Sweeney draft one of them? Regardless the draft is never as good or bad as it is made out to be. Its always a crapshoot. Maybe we can try to trade for the kid who doesn't want to play for Winnipeg. His name escapes me at the moment!

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t follow the draft closely, but have heard from all the big media people over the last few months that this draft falls off a cliff after pick 19 or 20.
Goes 1-15 high end talent then 16-40

There’s 5 or 6 guys I like a lot showing between 18-35 on lists & mocks

I’m still dealing with trade and 7th game lol

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Stairs “ Don stay with me here. You give me one shot here on a blue chip stock like the 25th overall, and believe me, Don, the only problem you're gonna have is that you didn't buy more.”

Sweeney “alright yea let’s do it. Take Ullmark. F it I’ll take Kastelic too.”

Staios “ How about Korpisalo too”

Sweeney “ my fan base is gonna kill me but sure let’s lock it in”

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
In terms of what they did get, and again I agree it's disappointing, but they did get assets that can help.

They need good young players and should get one at 25.

We've talked about adding some 4th line pop and tossed out names like Duhaime. Kastellic works hard, hits hard and fights anyone, and he costs 50%-60% less than a UFA doing the same job.

Beecher - Kastellic - Brazeu = speed, size,

Korpisalo is a tough pill to swallow. You have to hope the Bruins see something others don't. That his numbers are a result of bad teams or a simple correction GoalieBob can fix. I could totally see a scenario where Korpisalo comes here and suddenly becomes a .920% goalie playing 30 games a year for Boston and the Bruins end up with the best goalie combo in the league again. BUT even if all those maybe's work out in our favor, Sweeney still should have gotten a pick for all the risk involved with that contract.

Last potential 'positive' if it can be called that is that I would expect there is another (smaller) shoe to fall in terms of Bussi. He won't make it through waivers so maybe there's another Vladar type deal coming where the Bruins get another pick for Bussi.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'm sure there will be 25 good players in the draft.....the question is will Sweeney draft one of them? Regardless the draft is never as good or bad as it is made out to be. It’s always a crapshoot. Maybe we can try to trade for the kid who doesn't want to play for Winnipeg. His name escapes me at the moment!
I’m jacked for pick

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad