Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Lets hope this start to the offseason is like one of those paintings where in the beginning you have no idea what it's posed to be then out of nowhere it all comes together.
How would you feel about the summer if this off-season nets...

Ullmark - 1st
Bussi - 2nd/3rd

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Coyle - Lysell
Frederic - Poitras - Geekie
Beecher - Kastelic - Brazeau
X: Heinen

Zadorov - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke
X:Wotherspoon, Mitchell

Swayman, Korpisalo

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
Be careful in life who and when you laugh at

It’s a human weakness

Korpisalo at 3 M isn’t exactly Jack Campbell

3 M is moveable and big difference for goalies in this organization coaching and players

I didn’t like his inclusion but I did 25OA and Kastelic can play L4 RW - I’d rather have his right shot their and toughness then Lauko

Korpi is my only blah but 3 M as backup if he is, is what the paid Halek ($2.75)

I’m going to watch how plays out
Intelligent

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen

Ullmark - 1st
Bussi - 2nd/3rd

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta

Zadorov - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke

Swayman, Korpisalo
Looks like another 2nd round exit to me

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Be careful in life who and when you laugh at

It’s a human weakness

Korpisalo at 3 M isn’t exactly Jack Campbell

3 M is moveable and big difference for goalies in this organization coaching and players

I didn’t like his inclusion but I did 25OA and Kastelic can play L4 RW - I’d rather have his right shot their and toughness then Lauko

Korpi is my only blah but 3 M as backup if he is, is what the paid Halek ($2.75)

I’m going to watch how plays out
I figured Donny would bring in a vet backup. I just didn't think it would be Korpisalo and not getting more for taking that crap contract. Truly did Sens a favor.

Reactions: Kalus

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Beecher has wheels for sure but Brazeau and Kastelic very much don't. Are you really going to get any sort of fast play out of a line with 2 slow wingers? Maybe for the 4th line that doesn't matter, but is it the best way to go?
Beecher brings the speed to that line but I think Brazeau and Kaselic are fine speed wise. Brazeau blew by a Florida D for his goal in the playoffs.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I was just looking at the Ullmark 4/20 contract signing on HFB and korpisalo has nothing on him

Go check it out

Reactions: Tbaybruin and CDJ

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I figured Donny would bring in a vet backup. I just didn't think it would be Korpisalo and not getting more for taking that crap contract. Truly did Sens a favor.
I’m sure like Ullmark journey after his signing Korpisalo will be something different

Reactions: Gordoff

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I guess if Campbell is going to be a Bruin with Draisaitl Korpisalo and Bussi in the deal give Edmonton some options in net.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Ullmark - 1st
Bussi - 2nd/3rd

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta

Zadorov - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke

Swayman, Korpisalo
Frankly, I think that's atrocious. And they may not even have the cap space to achieve it.

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
Ok, so like just about everyone else, I am not a fan of the trade. That said, I'm trying to make lemonade with the lemons that I just got. Ok, here we go...1) Ullmark held the cards and the Bruins didn't have many options where he was approving a deal, 2) Kastelic's grandfather was Pat Stapleton (he passed away in 2020) who played for the B's in the 60s but was a long-time Blackhawk, 3) Kastelic is only 25, he's a big boy who skates relatively well for his size and doesn't mind mixing it up, 4) Prior to this past season Korpisalo was a decent (I said decent, not great) backup goalie who could be a useful backup in Boston with Essensa overseeing him, 5) A deal or buyout is always possible especially with Bussi waiting in the wings, 6) The Bruins will be picking in the first round and that's better than not despite a weak draft class.

I'm not ready to bail on the team or the front office (well maybe the front office, lol) because I think trading Ullmark was inevitable but their hands were pretty much tied as to what they could do to move him. There's a long offseason to go and we'll see what other moves they make because the fan base is not happy right now but we're still in the first inning of a nine inning game so I will reserve final judgment until let's say September.

I wish Linus the best of luck but none when he faces the B's. I think he may revert back to his Sabres ways (not his fault) with a very questionable D in front of him in Ottawa.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What did the Bruins overall get from the Ullmark signing?

A couple of very good regular seasons with some playoff disappointments? And now we end up with a cap dump goalie, a late 1st, and a plug?

You could argue his presence helped develop Swayman I guess.
Pretty much.

And the best spin to Korpisalo is that Swayman might not be ready for a huge payday AND being the Vet/incumbent guy with someone as talented as Bussi as the #2.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
Not excited.

Ullmark - 1st
Bussi - 2nd/3rd

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta

Zadorov - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke

Swayman, Korpisalo
Not excited.

But I'm not sure we can do that much. After signing Swayman and saving a small amount to stay under the cap, we have maybe 15 mil. Can you sign Lindholm, Zadorov and Heinen for that? Possibly, I guess. But I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad